Cool. CBBE has been in dire need of something like this. Hell, even just doubling the poly count would've made it look better. But more than 5X the polygons? Yikes, man. Talk about overkill! :lol: Meant in a good way of course. :D

Hahaha, well that was only one Mesh subdivision level, I actually restrained myself from doing the mesh even higher.  But i know armor mods with 50-60k poly count on the armor alone.  And no lose in performance.  The actual meshes take the least amount of resources to post in a 3d game.  Most of the resources are taken up by texture rendering and the scripting... so a 30k body mesh really isnt anything especially since the CITRUS body is more than double that.

But yeah i agree i think the body meshes used in CBBE need to be upgraded.  Have a higher poly count so my jiggly breasts are actually round instead of a dodecahedron bouncing around.

Thats why i wanted to update the mesh and make it more smooth.  Bodyslide is a fantastic Utility software for skyrim,however the low poly count of the CBBE is an issue for me and always has.  When i want to see a dark elf get raped by a troll that damn dark elf better not be all polygonal when it happens lol

The bodies in CBBE dont have Smoothin groups applied to the mesh, thats why it looks blocky in 3dsmax, however the Skyrim engine has its own smoothing when it comes to rendering the mesh with textures... the body on the left is using the smoothing group 2, to allow a better look when im modding it as that blockiness without it kinda drives me nuts.

Well the majority does not own 5960x CPUs and 980ti GPUs like described in the OP so I am happy there is a peasent variant like the original body for users like me still stuck on a 470 lol

Well for people who have OP level Computers, i have a 100k Poly mesh, this is for the medium end since it is only 30k poly mesh, and there still is the 6k poly mesh for those who still have lower end computers.  The idea is variety.  There are tons of 1k/2k/4k and even 8k textures, but you dont see many High/Mid/Low body meshes, its either low end or Citrus. And Citrus is not all that customizable friendly compared to CBBE/UUNP.  I happen to have a computer that could handle a 100-200k poly count body mesh, but i would say less than 8% of the community has that kind of a rig, just like you good sir.  So no point in going overkill, lol.

Looks like you used the "Tessellate" modifier on the standard body mesh. 

Actually no, if i Tessellated the mesh, it would have warped the UVW map and that is a major pain in the ass to fix (Go see the Skyrim HI Poly Count Body kit from 2012-2013, he attempted to do the same thing but completely fucked up the UWV to the point that theres no point in even using it and the poly count is over 100k).  

What i did is Quadrify the mesh, edited some polygons around to remove all the Triangle polys and make it more uniform then Smoothed it.  Increasing the poly count by x5 then triangulating the mesh.

Actually no, if i Tessellated the mesh, it would have warped the UVW map and that is a major pain in the ass to fix (Go see the Skyrim HI Poly Count Body kit from 2012-2013, he attempted to do the same thing but completely fucked up the UWV to the point that theres no point in even using it and the poly count is over 100k).  

What i did is Quadrify the mesh, edited some polygons around to remove all the Triangle polys and make it more uniform then Smoothed it.  Increasing the poly count by x5 then triangulating the mesh.

I have no problem with the UV Map after tessellate:

post-607503-0-16419800-1440161000_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gifnouvproblem.jpg

HAhaha i was thinking of a different way to do it, that fucked up my UVW, but yes you are correct, but you still need to quadrify it first or you get that starburst style poly topology.. in which wont work all that well with node scaling.  But you come out with the same out come... good ol 3dsmax... a billion different ways to do the same thing :D

And on the issue of polys the reason being is that, when people are using Bodyslide to make those ridiculous giant titiied/assed bodies, you get clear polygonal looks which is ugly plus when doing certain poses and animations, the more weighted vertexes are used to smooth out areas during positons

attachicon.gifnouvproblem.jpg

HAhaha i was thinking of a different way to do it, that fucked up my UVW, but yes you are correct, but you still need to quadrify it first or you get that starburst style poly topology.. in which wont work all that well with node scaling.  But you come out with the same out come... good ol 3dsmax... a billion different ways to do the same thing :D

And on the issue of polys the reason being is that, when people are using Bodyslide to make those ridiculous giant titiied/assed bodies, you get clear polygonal looks which is ugly plus when doing certain poses and animations, the more weighted vertexes are used to smooth out areas during positons

I don't like the "Quadrify" modifier from 3dsmax 2012, but with "QuadrifyAll+" the result looks pretty good:

(used turbo smooth)

post-607503-0-48002800-1440162306_thumb.jpg

The reason why I didn't do it myself years ago and make it CBBE v3, is because I didn't see a use in having to remake all CBBE conversions ever to make use of the new body, now that Skyrim is out for so long already. Plus, I'd have to remake the sliders of BodySlide. If you're that crazy on poly count, there are alternative bodies you can use, even in BodySlide.

Archived