Sexlab Submit- recruit follower

View File

This is a small tweak I made to the Sexlab Submit mod. Hostile npcs can now be awed by your awesome sexual prowess, and instead of killing them you can recruit them as a follower, because they want more of your sweet luvin'. I removed the option to kill npcs by dialogue and replaced it with another choice instead. I never killed anyone that way and if I wanted to, an axe to the face would have done just fine.

Just a note, this choice should make ANY hostile npc into a regular follower, which could possibly break quests and dialogue if you do it on someone important.

This is just the esp file, you should download and install Submit first, then install this afterwards.

***UPDATE 8/20***

I forgot to include the scripts that make this mod work, d'oh! If you downloaded the mod the day it came out, you might need to download this update in order to make it work. Sorry!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/20/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    sexlab submit
  • Special Edition Compatible

Just a heads-up, gooboo: ESP files don't include scripts! The mod is working for you because the Creation Kit generated a .PEX file in Skyrim\Data\Scripts\ when you made the mod, but you need to include this PEX file in the published mod in order for it to work for other people. So rather than just have the ESP in the zip file, create a new Data\Scripts\ folder path and add the PEX file there.

(Also, including the .PSC from Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source is a good practice, even if not strictly required)

Excellent I always thought that really was missing.
But I have a question. What version are you using?

There is the original version: Sexlab Submit 01sep14 1133 - 

And the version:  Submit + Devious Devices Progression

The first I do not use because it has a fatal mistake that hurt my game.
And the second is what I use. Because it has no bugs that damage the game.

Honestly I have no idea which one I'm using, it doesn't say in the file properties. Is there another way to look it up?

I've been using this version in my game for some time now and I haven't run into any problems with it.

I've never had an npc despawn while they were my follower. One time I told a generic bandit follower to "relax" somewhere for like a week and when I came back that npcs appearance changed to another generic bandit of the same level. 

Also, sometimes if you make a "wilderness event" npc a follower they'll disappear when you fast travel somewhere else on the map. It doesn't always happen but just something to keep in mind if you decide to give one unique equipment and stuff.

MortisferusX- what you mention is sort of a problem. If you dismiss the follower the "Follow Me" dialogue option won't reappear when you talk to them again, although they'll still be an ally.

If you want to invite your dismissed npc to rejoin your party, you can put this file in your Skyrim/Data folder and open up the console command, select the npc, and type "bat follower" without the quotes, then talk to them again. It's not as nice as having a dialogue option, but modding dialogue trees and scripting was way harder than I originally thought it was, and I wasn't able to work out a good way to make non-hostile npcs follow you without going through the whole combat submit thing. Just doing this bit of modding was an ordeal for me.

Follower.txt

I've never had an npc despawn while they were my follower. One time I told a generic bandit follower to "relax" somewhere for like a week and when I came back that npcs appearance changed to another generic bandit of the same level. 

Also, sometimes if you make a "wilderness event" npc a follower they'll disappear when you fast travel somewhere else on the map. It doesn't always happen but just something to keep in mind if you decide to give one unique equipment and stuff.

MortisferusX- what you mention is sort of a problem. If you dismiss the follower the "Follow Me" dialogue option won't reappear when you talk to them again, although they'll still be an ally.

If you want to invite your dismissed npc to rejoin your party, you can put this file in your Skyrim/Data folder and open up the console command, select the npc, and type "bat follower" without the quotes, then talk to them again. It's not as nice as having a dialogue option, but modding dialogue trees and scripting was way harder than I originally thought it was, and I wasn't able to work out a good way to make non-hostile npcs follow you without going through the whole combat submit thing. Just doing this bit of modding was an ordeal for me.

attachicon.gifFollower.txt

hmm, thought so allready. Wish someone could find a way to make them not respawn without cloning them like the "Paradise halls" mod does. It's system is much more complex but if you want to have a look.

This dosent work porperly for me. When i recruit a bandit as follower, he fights for me but dosent follow me.

Same for the option to sell them for bounty. They get dressed as prisoners, but wont follow me at all. 

Furthermore they don't get detected by AFT (what is a good thing, beacause it dont fucks with the AFT-slots)

So I'm sitting here feeling like a complete idiot. I have Submit v01SEP14 but i've never seen an option to kill via dialogue and therefore I have no idea how to trigger this mod. After making a target submit the only options that come up are the "have another turn" (after first use obviously), "hand over valuables", and "let my friend have a turn" options. Gotta say I'm feeling pretty dumb. :/

So I'm sitting here feeling like a complete idiot. I have Submit v01SEP14 but i've never seen an option to kill via dialogue and therefore I have no idea how to trigger this mod. After making a target submit the only options that come up are the "have another turn" (after first use obviously), "hand over valuables", and "let my friend have a turn" options. Gotta say I'm feeling pretty dumb. :/

I'm not sure but I think those might be the SexLab Defeat options, not Submit's?

I'm not sure but I think those might be the SexLab Defeat options, not Submit's?

That would be incredibly odd. I got rid of Defeat some time ago in favor of Submit ( i had been *trying* to use both simultaneously for a long time but disabled so many of Defeat's features since I'm playing a male character that I ultimately chose to get rid of it) The only thing I haven't really tried is to just redownload the Submit files and do a fresh install because I recently switched from Modmanager to Mod Organizer and had to redownload almost all my mod files anyway... hmmmm

That would be incredibly odd. I got rid of Defeat some time ago in favor of Submit ( i had been *trying* to use both simultaneously for a long time but disabled so many of Defeat's features since I'm playing a male character that I ultimately chose to get rid of it) The only thing I haven't really tried is to just redownload the Submit files and do a fresh install because I recently switched from Modmanager to Mod Organizer and had to redownload almost all my mod files anyway... hmmmm

I'm probably wrong then, nevermind.

Sounds like you might need to do a re-install of Submit then, if those other options aren't coming up for you. In the unmodded Submit you should have the option either to let them go, turn them in for a bounty, or kill them. All this mod does is replace the kill option. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna give this a try - looks interesting.  Also there have been many times that I've run into and "Submited" a random NPC that I really kinda liked, but didn't have an option like this.

And finally, I'm gonna try it on principle; I never liked nor used the murder option after subduing/having sex with an NPC.  Hot Chicks and Bad Girls should never be killed if you can help it - I've even reloaded a game or two because inadvertently killing a given NPC.  One of the outstanding features of Submit is the ability to force mortal enemies to surrender (which should have been an option in the original game anyway).

I'm gonna give this a try - looks interesting.  Also there have been many times that I've run into and "Submited" a random NPC that I really kinda liked, but didn't have an option like this.

And finally, I'm gonna try it on principle; I never liked nor used the murder option after subduing/having sex with an NPC.  Hot Chicks and Bad Girls should never be killed if you can help it - I've even reloaded a game or two because inadvertently killing a given NPC.  One of the outstanding features of Submit is the ability to force mortal enemies to surrender (which should have been an option in the original game anyway).

I think the same is known to bethesda, leave many things unfinished in skyrim. Many things that were missing in skyrim, you may notice that Fallout4 included.

I think the same is known to bethesda, leave many things unfinished in skyrim. Many things that were missing in skyrim, you may notice that Fallout4 included.

It would be cool if they did include this particular option; it always kinda bugged me that bandits, forsworn and the like in vanilla Skyrim would go down on one knee and plead for mercy, but if you held back they'd just start fighting again after a couple of seconds.

Personally, I'll be surprised if some sort of surrender option is available in Fallout 4, but it would neat if it had something like that.

It would be cool if they did include this particular option; it always kinda bugged me that bandits, forsworn and the like in vanilla Skyrim would go down on one knee and plead for mercy, but if you held back they'd just start fighting again after a couple of seconds.

Personally, I'll be surprised if some sort of surrender option is available in Fallout 4, but it would neat if it had something like that.

Fallout 4 you can build several bases, you can probably recruit many people who live in your base or city.