OSex+ The Greatest Virtual Sex Ever

So have tried both the 1.07C and 1.08 demo2 and find no issues with either except if an npc is wearing heels with the NIOVHH heels system. Is there an obvious fix for this or do I just have to live with it? Also increadable work, thanks for the effort and tenacity with which you persue this mod!

Profile is an easy text xml that stores text/story data for an npc, can think of it like having extra creation kit fields basically for an actor. Viewable per actor from the menu, only loads when the player asks for it and if available.

This might be useful for a really wide variety of things.  I'm wondering, this actor-specific XML data set, is there a way for us to change it in-game?  Or, is the XML read-only after startup?

I'm not sure if the profile system CE0 is building is designed to update the XML in-game. But, it is possible to do. Some pages back in this thread I posted demo source files showing how the read/update/create processes work.

I will look for it, what version is that for 1.07 or 1.08? Ah I will look for it (as I write this I realize it might be ebundantly clear from the post...), if I make it work I will post it here how to do it here if anybody else wants to know.

Also thx for the fast reply pipdude!

/pbh

Profile is an easy text xml that stores text/story data for an npc, can think of it like having extra creation kit fields basically for an actor. Viewable per actor from the menu, only loads when the player asks for it and if available.

This might be useful for a really wide variety of things.  I'm wondering, this actor-specific XML data set, is there a way for us to change it in-game?  Or, is the XML read-only after startup?

I'm not sure if the profile system CE0 is building is designed to update the XML in-game. But, it is possible to do. Some pages back in this thread I posted demo source files showing how the read/update/create processes work.

I will look for it, what version is that for 1.07 or 1.08? Ah I will look for it (as I write this I realize it might be ebundantly clear from the post...), if I make it work I will post it here how to do it here if anybody else wants to know.

/pbh

I belive Pipdude answered to migal's question about xml files that is not related to your nioverride issue.

For nioverride there is still no support in 1.07 or 1.08 demo2 as far as im aware so for now you have to live with it untill support is added if CEO has that planed.

Actully just realized that ><...

/pbh

I belive Pipdude answered to migal's question about xml files that is not related to your nioverride issue.

For nioverride there is still no support in 1.07 or 1.08 demo2 as far as im aware so for now you have to live with it untill support is added if CEO has that planed.

I think so too Migal. I personally would like Skyrim to have some better input for story writing that's stuck directly on to actors and means of interacting and displaying those things so I decided to branch a little bit into that while I have the pieces in place for the UI. I think it has a lot of potential to do many things but for now just to get a taste for it, see what might be cool, get people's ideas. I'm just including a minor thing that can take backstory, title, class, for now but will expand it more in the future. I'll focus on this more in time to see what cool things it could do. Feedback and ideas would help a lot to shape into something awesome. Basically the UI is gathering a majority of relevant actor data from the game, as well as custom data from the xml so while it's doing that it has power to serve other purposes.

I believe there's some way to tie it all together, to make the scenes and actors have improved story telling and customization beyond the CK that can effect the scenes or just Skyrim in general  in a meaningful way. This would be just the first step to gather ideas on the best way to unify it. The main reason is that these things could be tricked into the CK with factions etc and scripts but this might be a more pure/powerful/easy way to do it by making a bridge that allows the XML to extend what the CK does.

It can be made to be edited live. Pipdude made the XML side of the UI and it's awesome. I could make simple Papyrus functions to change the values of things in the UI and resave it, and also papyrus itself could load change and resave the text without sending it to the UI. I'm not sure the best way to go about it yet but it would be relatively easy to do. The goal would be to save the changes at some point so it can persist beyond the game session but not saving so much that it causes problems. I might use storageDLL to record long term data instead so it would be playthrough specific, still deciding on that.

Slightly off topic but related to this, Pipdude, maybe you have some advice for me, the UI.getstring .getint etc seem very delicate to use for me like I literally have to String("what I want to send")  and declare the property as string up front also to get a string or it won't work. I can't always get the information nicely set up like this, if things are in arrays or dynamic properties, and I haven't been able to get a String return function to work for those either. Do you have any experience or tips on getting it to work better? If I could get it to reliably grab any data from the actor data it would help developers interact with it, the main issues are that actors are stored in an array and I can't seem to get papyrus passed that step.

For example: .actor[2].equip.slot42.name. For this I wouldn't know how to get with UI.getstring but if i just tacked it on pre array .actor2.slot42.name it would work but seems very messy compared to the prior since it would be dynamic stuff and not arrays. I have an actor reference and a  getActor() functions in the Actionscript but wouldn't know how to use those to get the actor[2] from papyrus.UI

So have tried both the 1.07C and 1.08 demo2 and find no issues with either except if an npc is wearing heels with the NIOVHH heels system. Is there an obvious fix for this or do I just have to live with it? Also increadable work, thanks for the effort and tenacity with which you persue this mod!

I haven't tested it much myself but what's the problem you are hitting? The main thing I imagine is that in heels the actors are going to be taller and unaligned but this would be with HdHeels I'm not sure with NIOVHH.

In order to get height be exact my mod momentarily TPoses actors and measures from their head bone to the root bone, I call this the OHeight of the actor. Scale wasn't a reliable way to accomplish this. With HdHeels it will measure but I believe the offset of the root doesn't effect the OHeight measurement so they scale right but are too tall by the height of their heels.

Is there more going on then just that with NIOVHH? The above I can most likely fix by scanning for the same thing NIOVHH is and adjusting scales accordingly however it would result in less but still some alignment issues in that their body would be getting scaled differently due to the boosted height. Slender overall due to the game scaling them at an extended height.

Yes the Actor(actress) wearing the heels gets a bit to tall. The system is better and a lot less clunky then HDT heels system. I realize that you have a lot of stuff to do and to many requests but if you ever get time to fix it would be great but understand if it is not a priority! I will link a video that shows how to convert from HDT heels to NIOVHH system as it might contain information that makes it easier for you I hope. 

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/53799-nioverride-high-heels-niovhh-fixes/

Good work you and thanks for all you efforts into the system so far!

/pbh

I think so too Migal. I personally would like Skyrim to have some better input for story writing that's stuck directly on to actors and means of interacting and displaying those things so I decided to branch a little bit into that while I have the pieces in place for the UI. I think it has a lot of potential to do many things but for now just to get a taste for it, see what might be cool, get people's ideas. I'm just including a minor thing that can take backstory, title, class, for now but will expand it more in the future. I'll focus on this more in time to see what cool things it could do. Feedback and ideas would help a lot to shape into something awesome. Basically the UI is gathering a majority of relevant actor data from the game, as well as custom data from the xml so while it's doing that it has power to serve other purposes.

I believe there's some way to tie it all together, to make the scenes and actors have improved story telling and customization beyond the CK that can effect the scenes or just Skyrim in general  in a meaningful way. This would be just the first step to gather ideas on the best way to unify it. The main reason is that these things could be tricked into the CK with factions etc and scripts but this might be a more pure/powerful/easy way to do it by making a bridge that allows the XML to extend what the CK does.

It can be made to be edited live. Pipdude made the XML side of the UI and it's awesome. I could make simple Papyrus functions to change the values of things in the UI and resave it, and also papyrus itself could load change and resave the text without sending it to the UI. I'm not sure the best way to go about it yet but it would be relatively easy to do. The goal would be to save the changes at some point so it can persist beyond the game session but not saving so much that it causes problems. I might use storageDLL to record long term data instead so it would be playthrough specific, still deciding on that.

Slightly off topic but related to this, Pipdude, maybe you have some advice for me, the UI.getstring .getint etc seem very delicate to use for me like I literally have to String("what I want to send")  and declare the property as string up front also to get a string or it won't work. I can't always get the information nicely set up like this, if things are in arrays or dynamic properties, and I haven't been able to get a String return function to work for those either. Do you have any experience or tips on getting it to work better? If I could get it to reliably grab any data from the actor data it would help developers interact with it, the main issues are that actors are stored in an array and I can't seem to get papyrus passed that step.

For example: .actor[2].equip.slot42.name. For this I wouldn't know how to get with UI.getstring but if i just tacked it on pre array .actor2.slot42.name it would work but seems very messy compared to the prior since it would be dynamic stuff and not arrays. I have an actor reference and a  getActor() functions in the Actionscript but wouldn't know how to use those to get the actor[2] from papyrus.UI

I haven't tested it much myself but what's the problem you are hitting? The main thing I imagine is that in heels the actors are going to be taller and unaligned but this would be with HdHeels I'm not sure with NIOVHH.

In order to get height be exact my mod momentarily TPoses actors and measures from their head bone to the root bone, I call this the OHeight of the actor. Scale wasn't a reliable way to accomplish this. With HdHeels it will measure but I believe the offset of the root doesn't effect the OHeight measurement so they scale right but are too tall by the height of their heels.

Is there more going on then just that with NIOVHH? The above I can most likely fix by scanning for the same thing NIOVHH is and adjusting scales accordingly however it would result in less but still some alignment issues in that their body would be getting scaled differently due to the boosted height. Slender overall due to the game scaling them at an extended height.

Thanks pbh for the nice comments. I get what you mean. I can fix it somewhat, but you're right I've got some bigger things to wrap up first, I'll get to it though. I know how to do it but the math of it won't let me make perfect alignment if actors are scaled with heels on (it will be relatively close , much better then it is now). I'll make it happen at some point soonish after 1.08 is done and on nexus.

----------------------

Side note update I made some adjustments to Sexdentity I think it was intricate but the smaller details weren't worth how intimidating it made the system over all.

I changed it to just 2 document types now. Persona and Motifs. Persona holds all their custom "identity" data, motif is their reaction style to different kinds of scene keywords (Doggystyle for example). In persona you define their "motif class" so the game knows what kind of motifs to use. Custom motifs and custom persona's can still be made. It replace SexDentity entirely but the effects will be the same when viewed. It's loaded all at once which potentially could make a 1 secondish delay if both actors had a large file that wasn't loaded yet but I think it's worth it to simplify the system, plus it's more fun to interact with and less sheets of numbers. This is separate from Profile I described earlier which is more RPish and isn't needed on demand by the scenes. 

Side note update I made some adjustments to Sexdentity I think it was intricate but the smaller details weren't worth how intimidating it made the system over all.

I changed it to just 2 document types now. Persona and Motifs. Persona holds all their custom "identity" data, motif is their reaction style to different kinds of scene keywords (Doggystyle for example). In persona you define their "motif class" so the game knows what kind of motifs to use. Custom motifs and custom persona's can still be made. It replace SexDentity entirely but the effects will be the same when viewed. It's loaded all at once which potentially could make a 1 secondish delay if both actors had a large file that wasn't loaded yet but I think it's worth it to simplify the system, plus it's more fun to interact with and less sheets of numbers. This is separate from Profile I described earlier which is more RPish and isn't needed on demand by the scenes. 

Does this mean expressions are working again? in that case whats left to do before release?

Yea everything is back except the post-scene esg redressing. Besides that I have to do the main menu and some parts of the scene menu (some button illustrations, not super crucial.) but I'll demo before that. It's just about matched with 1.07s now in terms of features. After the next demo I can most likely put it on Nexus if it tests fine.

So as I am bringing this to you may I give a minor suggestion that might not be good (since I am not that clear on how the frameworks work), but at least try to help. It might be easiest to combine heels plus actor then scale? ... and then the heels might have to stay on for the whole scene.

Also if there is anything I can do to help please tell me... not sure if I can contribute but can at least try!

/pbh

Thanks pbh for the nice comments. I get what you mean. I can fix it somewhat, but you're right I've got some bigger things to wrap up first, I'll get to it though. I know how to do it but the math of it won't let me make perfect alignment if actors are scaled with heels on (it will be relatively close , much better then it is now). I'll make it happen at some point soonish after 1.08 is done and on nexus.

----------------------

So as I am bringing this to you may I give a minor suggestion that might not be good (since I am not that clear on how the frameworks work), but at least try to help. It might be easiest to combine heels plus actor then scale? ... and then the heels might have to stay on for the whole scene.

Also if there is anything I can do to help please tell me... not sure if I can contribute but can at least try!

/pbh

Thanks Pbh, 

To explain let's say and actor is by default the exact height OSex wants them to be without heels on. The shape would get max alignment then. If that same actor had heels on that made them 10% taller, there body would shrink 10% to make the adjustment if scaled to heel height so the final result would be height exactly on the mark but the shape of the body is 10% smaller then ideal. I believe that the body would always be % to small = to the % of height increase the heels are giving. 

It would still be much better then it is now. Maybe there's some things I can do to fine tune after we see it though, I think it might always have some slight alignment issues.. I can make it adjust on equipping /removing heels so even worse case it could have decent alignment with heels on and then whenever they come off perfect alignment, (and vice versa)

Ok, will leave you alone now though! Thanks for your time and answers!

/pbh

Thanks Pbh, 

To explain let's say and actor is by default the exact height OSex wants them to be without heels on. The shape would get max alignment then. If that same actor had heels on that made them 10% taller, there body would shrink 10% to make the adjustment if scaled to heel height so the final result would be height exactly on the mark but the shape of the body is 10% smaller then ideal. I believe that the body would always be % to small = to the % of height increase the heels are giving. 

It would still be much better then it is now. Maybe there's some things I can do to fine tune after we see it though, I think it might always have some slight alignment issues.. I can make it adjust on equipping /removing heels so even worse case it could have decent alignment with heels on and then whenever they come off perfect alignment, (and vice versa)

I wouldn't use getstring or getint. I think it would be better to formalize data going in and out between papyrus and actionscript with functions.

At least as far as I know, there isn't a way to get a return value from a function in actionscript into papyrus. So, unfortunately, you would need to set up a sort of throw-and-catch system. You could make one "getData" function in actionscript that accepts an array of strings. The first string might be the "type" of data being requested and then later strings might be ids and other identifiers the actionscript needs to find that type of data. Then, it would send the data back to papyrus via events.

Actionscript would look something like this:

getData(args)
{
   switch(arguments[0])
   {
      case "getActor":
         var id = stage.findActorByNumber(arguments[1]);
         skse.SendModEvent("ActorID", "", id);
         break;
      case "getActorStat":
         var stat = stage.getActorStat(arguments[1], arguments[2]);
         skse.SendModEvent("Stat_" + arguments[1], "", stat);
         break;
   }
}

Papyrus would look like this:

function init()
   RegisterForModEvent("ActorID","onActorID")
   RegisterForModEvent("Stat_Health","onStat")
   RegisterForModEvent("Stat_Stamina","onStat")
endFunction

function doSomething()
   String[] query = new String(3)
   query[0] = "getActorStat"
   query[1] = "Health"
   query[2] = actorID as String
   UI.InvokeStringA(HUD_MENU, WidgetRoot + ".getData", query)
endFunction

function onStat(string a_eventName, string a_strArg, float a_numArg, Form a_sender)
   if a_eventName == "Stat_Health"
      ; Do something about health (sent in as a_numArg)
   elseIf a_eventName == "Stat_Stamina"
      ; Do something about stamina (sent in as a_numArg)
   endIf
endFunction

If you need more than one string and one number on the papyrus side, you can send the data from actionscript in one string of comma separated values. Then papyrus can split them up into separate values like this:

String[] stringValues = StringUtil.split(dataString, ",")

On one hand, it's a clunky, unfortunate solution. But, on the other hand, since you can handle most (if not all) logic in the actionscript, there should be few situations that need this type of exchange. If you're thinking of modders, you can make a papyrus API class that hides this complicated exchange for them and just gives a simple Papyrus function to call (with maybe callBack functions as parameters - not sure if that is possible in papyrus?).

Hi, been following the thread for a while and a quick question. In 1.07c is the 1.63v still required to install before it or is it standalone? I had no issues with 1.63 but I cannot get 1.07c to start the scenes with the num0 key. Am I overlooking something from the docs by chance? Or does 1.08c need a dependent from the previous version?

I have been following this and I must say it is incredible.  But I would like to ask how far do you see this mod going in terms of scope? This is turning out by far to be one of the most interactive and intimate "adult" mod, and it appears to me that it can become a framework of sorts in the future. 

I am not sure whether that is your intention but I can certainly see this as a framework overhaul in the near future for additional ways to trigger the Snu Snu 

Hi, been following the thread for a while and a quick question. In 1.07c is the 1.63v still required to install before it or is it standalone? I had no issues with 1.63 but I cannot get 1.07c to start the scenes with the num0 key. Am I overlooking something from the docs by chance? Or does 1.08c need a dependent from the previous version?

maybe something to do with this?

MEGA IMPORTANT 0SEX WILL NOT WORK IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS:

To get people used to "Equiping" scenes in 0SA I will be releasing from here on out 0Sex not prebound in the the MCM. You must go to the first page of the 0SA MCM. Pick an Ability Slot (1 through 12) Type in "0SEX" (The 0 is a zero) into the first text entry line for that ability then above that select a key that will cast the spell. This is how you will equip other developers scenes also.

I have been following this and I must say it is incredible.  But I would like to ask how far do you see this mod going in terms of scope? This is turning out by far to be one of the most interactive and intimate "adult" mod, and it appears to me that it can become a framework of sorts in the future. 

I am not sure whether that is your intention but I can certainly see this as a framework overhaul in the near future for additional ways to trigger the Snu Snu 

Hi Ni, thank you for the nice comments!

1.07 and 1.08 are both frameworks as opposed to 1.06, I haven't been able to finish a draft yet of these to finalize the framework side of the mod but the latest seems very promising and I'm almost done with it.

It's a little different in the kind of framework it is. It's oriented more around scene creators, to allow animators to make scenes with all the features OSex has, which don't have to be sex scenes. Actor personality, and sounds is handled in the same way.

The way the system works it's independent in that it doesn't need a lot of support from other mods to become functionial. The framework side as a sex framework is just down to mod developers calling the scenes and doing whatever they want from there. I'm working on a system so both the scene and the actor can have parameters passed into a scene that's being started to choreograph the scene, and define custom npc behavior in that specific instance of the scene etc.

--------------

An unfortunate side to it is that i believe it suits best what we most likely wont see much and that's one time played story scenes, in using OSA as a cinematic enhancer to a story in Skyrim. I designed OSex to be played through multiple times as a "move" as opposed to one scenes being played out in relation to a story. It can make scenes that are one time played like described above but most likely will be used for bindable moves that the player can equip or developers can call on that are meant to be repeated over and over. 

OSA basically just puts all the tools in place to help animators who don't want to spend months/years on papyrus / CK / flash to put a similar system together to play interactive animations. If they can get an animation out of 3DS max all they need to do is type into some xml fields to make it happen.

I want to confirm if the game is loading the XML at all.

This test will crash your Skyrim but it wont do any harm:

Can you try this for me and let me know how it goes?

1. Go here: Data\meshes\0SA\_0S\Config

2. Open act.xml

3. Type in some random letters after the xml like:

<act bind="82" name="OSex" desi="0Sex" start="0MF|Sy6!Sy6|Ho|St6RevCud+01TurnAround" actors="2" />asdaseasease

Save the XML

4. Start up your game, the game should totally freeze a few seconds after you are in the game itself (Not the main menu but actually in game). If it freezes at least it will help me narrow down that the mod is totally installed and that the XML is being loaded / UI is working.

5. Stop the crash by deleting the extra letters and resaving the xml

Okay sorry it took me so long to respond, life got complicated these past few days.

So I modified the act.xml like so, saved it and opened the game.

post-48180-0-57103200-1460493956_thumb.jpg

I did not however, experience any freezing or or crashing when loading up a save game.

It seems it doesn't load the xml file.

The plugin, on the other hand, is loading as I can search up the quests and spells added by the esp in the console.

Hey all, I've tried all three versions thus far, and with each of them, both characters have done nothing more than merge together in a most unsexy fashion. (More like the creepy amoeba way, as opposed to the seksy "bom-chicka-mow-mow" way.) In versions 1.06 & 1.07, once I hit the "num0" key, the actors mush together and stand idle, while the commands, d-keys, and "numpad ." keys are all unresponsive. It won't even let me load my last save or exit the game, so I invariably have to kill the game via Task Manager. The other numpad keys bring up their respective menus, but they're kinda pointless without the good stuff.

Version 1.08 does mostly the same thing, except that when i hit the num. key to try and end the scene, both actors turn invisible and, sometimes, freecam gets toggled. On the bright side, it WILL allow me to load my last savem

I'm at work, so load order is gonna have to wait until later this evening.

Hey all, I've tried all three versions thus far, and with each of them, both characters have done nothing more than merge together in a most unsexy fashion. (More like the creepy amoeba way, as opposed to the seksy "bom-chicka-mow-mow" way.) In versions 1.06 & 1.07, once I hit the "num0" key, the actors mush together and stand idle, while the commands, d-keys, and "numpad ." keys are all unresponsive. It won't even let me load my last save or exit the game, so I invariably have to kill the game via Task Manager. The other numpad keys bring up their respective menus, but they're kinda pointless without the good stuff.

Version 1.08 does mostly the same thing, except that when i hit the num. key to try and end the scene, both actors turn invisible and, sometimes, freecam gets toggled. On the bright side, it WILL allow me to load my last savem

I'm at work, so load order is gonna have to wait until later this evening.

did you use the 'GenerateFNISforUsers.exe'?

It's necessary to run it after any animation related mod install.