[DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools - UPDATE(11/21/18): Kinky Overalls

13 hours ago, Otakadelic said:

Hi Timmy, we found the solution from really unexpected resource. 

I happened to find out HLOD reference files for ABC Transformer 2, for additional clues.

Then my comrade put them into UserDefined folder and try to convert. My god, those reference files for ABC are perfectly compatible with CTT. Beautiful results.

ABCT2 is compatible with Harry's RNM only, so references are "HLOD shaped harry's RNM" files. And I checked structures and textures with variety of settings on CTT then all results are HLOD-shaped RNM. 

But that is internal structure. Who cares if the results are beautiful enough and have HLOD-like dynamite boobs?

Unfortunately there is no clear info about distributing these reference files. So I can't attach the files here but pls PM me then I will response.  

Once Again CTT prove that is ultimate solution for all modders, from newly minted rookies to seasoned veterans.

Thanks again for the wonderful tool!!!

I'm glad to know you have found a good solution and thanks for sharing your findings here :smiley:

18 hours ago, Otakadelic said:

Hi Timmy, this is Otakadelic, your source of problems/issues (but hoping turn into source of solutions soon). Hope you are fine now after witnessed my name.

Please take a look at following topic.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/97393-noob-question-timmys-character-transformer/?do=findComment&comment=2207473

My CTT comrade SitWulf is looking for UD_Marie_HLOD.TMC and we are seeking "how we can reshape Kasumi_UserDefinedSamplebyHarryPalmer.TMC", or another words, "how we can create own version of Honoka_LOD_Reference". 

I tried with Blender and encountered problem. What I did was:

- Convert Kasumi_UserDefinedSamplebyHarryPalmer.TMC to obj format using DOA5OTC0.5.3. and import into Blender with 'Keep vertex order' enabled.

However, there is nothing displayed on Blender. Well I am a far from expert but my guess is that format can't handle with Blender(maybe can, but not sure).

- Second try is import Kasumi_UserDefinedSamplebyHarryPalmer.TMC directly using Mr.dotoku's TMC import addon then export as OBJ format. Then inject into TMC using DOA5OTC0.5.3. However, the result is completely mess, tangle into single small ball. Mr.dotoku clearly declared the order of vertices will be completely different when using *tmcmesh* exporter. Not clear with TMC importer but seems like not easy path, so far. 

Now here is my question. Please throw your thoughts / possibilities that might be great clues.

- My guess is SaafRats' daily knife is 3Ds Max, not Blender. Maybe you also use 3Ds Max too. If Kasumi_UserDefinedSamplebyHarryPalmer.TMC  and Honoka_LOD_Reference had created by 3Ds Max, then I will stop to seek solutions with Blender (temporarily for now, or maybe permanently) and shift to 3Ds Max.

- If these two files were made by 3Ds Max(correct???), then I will ask my friend who has 3Ds Max to check / try modify converted obj files.

- If there are any options and tips to make compatible with CTT, then please let me know.

We have Marie.tmc which is compatible with CTT but HLUD shape(that is perfect result because of internal reference). Editing the tmc file with Blender make incompatible result so far... Thx again for your great tools and sorry again for keep asking.  As same as previous questions/issue, no need to be the strike answer. We are gathering information now and hopefully one of them turn into great clue for alternative solution. 

I indeed have used only 3ds max in the past to make all the models, including the Mai nude model and her reference when she was first released.   I don't think Blender would cause much problems though I think you may have to check a setting to make sure to retain vertex order or something to that effect.  I have a few screenshots attached in my TMC OBJ converter/post processing tool that shows you the correct settings.

In regards to reshaping the included Kasumi reference file - it can be done but very painfully slowly as I have done and demonstrated with Mai's model when she first came out.   It took me very many painful hours slowly moving vertices to match her official body shape while filling in "holes" in the model :blush:  If you haven't already, check her out here https://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-tips-tools-update121517-converter-v052-transformer-v036-misaki-support/?do=findComment&comment=1683617 

You will see that she is 100% compatible with Harry's nude model format and even though she lacks the same number of veritices found on the official mode, the result is quite close and very hard to tell in motion.

Either way, good find on your solution, although I tend to avoid promoting ABCT2 due to issues involving a few modders here including my pal Saafie and Lola and the author of the tool.

2 hours ago, timmyc said:

I'm glad to know you have found a good solution and thanks for sharing your findings here :smiley:

Thx again! 

My favorite is definitely HLUD because it is charming and looks handy hence no high demand for HLOD myself only. But my CTT comrade SiTWulf provides me the world of HLOD(or much larger) and now I am getting familiar with these and start to thinking, maybe larger(or huge) is not bad at all.

Also, SiTWulf gave me yet another opportunity to look into CTT and eventually provides me deeper grasp / understanding that will help my modding with higher level, which already helped me lots by numerous times. Thx again Timmy!

10 hours ago, timmyc said:

I indeed have used only 3ds max in the past to make all the models, including the Mai nude model and her reference when she was first released.   I don't think Blender would cause much problems though I think you may have to check a setting to make sure to retain vertex order or something to that effect.  I have a few screenshots attached in my TMC OBJ converter/post processing tool that shows you the correct settings.

In regards to reshaping the included Kasumi reference file - it can be done but very painfully slowly as I have done and demonstrated with Mai's model when she first came out.   It took me very many painful hours slowly moving vertices to match her official body shape while filling in "holes" in the model :blush:  If you haven't already, check her out here https://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-tips-tools-update121517-converter-v052-transformer-v036-misaki-support/?do=findComment&comment=1683617 

You will see that she is 100% compatible with Harry's nude model format and even though she lacks the same number of veritices found on the official mode, the result is quite close and very hard to tell in motion.

Either way, good find on your solution, although I tend to avoid promoting ABCT2 due to issues involving a few modders here including my pal Saafie and Lola and the author of the tool.

Thx again for the detailed reply! Sorry for my delayed response.

ABCT2 is more straightforward, one-click-then-done tool. And sadly enough the author (who also created Breasts Copy Machine / LR Photo Studio) is inactive now and may or may not return to DOA5LR MOD scene. It would be very nice if any author of tools left with source then someone (includes myself) can look into src and able to modify/enhance if necessary.  That is one of, and huge reason I can't push ABCT2 anywhere either.

CTT has more options and once the user grasp the meaning of each option then it become really, really powerful.

The UserDefind folder/function was the last place to tackle but  knowing ABCT2 reference files are compatible with CTT, that means Blender can edit then export proper reference for CTT, because no one talked about 3Ds MAX around ABCT2 scene. And in Blender, Shrinkwrap function will morph into reference object's shape, by several clicks. Still uncertain elements remain but steadily get close to create own reference, when I needed.

Thx again Timmy, and someday, I hope I can say I'm your source of solution, hopefully within near future.

• 1 month later...

Hi Timmy, I tried to make one member as CTT's tester, and I tried to be a tester by myself to show the member for an example.

Few things noticed by the experience/experiment.

There are 6 options between From/To and Transform button. Those were easy to guess and highly likely these guesses are correct or easy to grasp by the result to have proper understanding. The difficult to grasp is Smoothness. Three modes and its range 1 to 300.

While I acted as a tester, I thought "It would be very nice if one click then three results with each mode will be generated."

This could be more than convenient. 

Anytime the user click 'Transform' (or 'Transform with all three modes'), then three results will be generated and ready to compare. Users no longer to grasp the differences of each methods and select proper one. Just pick one favorite from three candidates.

Can you add one more button which generates three results? Then ppl won't have to grasp three modes and now can concentrate the remain, the range only. 

On 5/14/2018 at 9:59 AM, Otakadelic said:

Hi Timmy, I tried to make one member as CTT's tester, and I tried to be a tester by myself to show the member for an example.

Few things noticed by the experience/experiment.

There are 6 options between From/To and Transform button. Those were easy to guess and highly likely these guesses are correct or easy to grasp by the result to have proper understanding. The difficult to grasp is Smoothness. Three modes and its range 1 to 300.

While I acted as a tester, I thought "It would be very nice if one click then three results with each mode will be generated."

This could be more than convenient. 

Anytime the user click 'Transform' (or 'Transform with all three modes'), then three results will be generated and ready to compare. Users no longer to grasp the differences of each methods and select proper one. Just pick one favorite from three candidates.

Can you add one more button which generates three results? Then ppl won't have to grasp three modes and now can concentrate the remain, the range only. 

Sounds like a nice addition to the tool, and it shouldn't be too difficult to add given what its already doing.  Finding a space on the tool interface for the button is going to be the hard part I think, lol.   Thanks for the suggestion.  I will probably dust the code off and look into it.

1 hour ago, timmyc said:

Sounds like a nice addition to the tool, and it shouldn't be too difficult to add given what its already doing.  Finding a space on the tool interface for the button is going to be the hard part I think, lol.   Thanks for the suggestion.  I will probably dust the code off and look into it.

Huge thanks for your positive reply! It absolutely no argent, because we all can get same results by pressing existing button three times!

But CTT has ten times larger number of users and potential users compare to Mr.Dotoku's tools.  

And now nobody won't read manuals anymore include myself. If the tool/software itself tells user how to use it, then the tool/software will posese another level of usability / popularity. I am sure CTT can and hope will.

Additional info about the transformer with Honoka.

One guy asked me how to solve the black spots on her fingers and I replied the tip with SaafRats' Honoka_LOD_Reference.zip. Then the guy insisted still one of fingers has spot. Although I couldn't confirm but the guy should be praised with his passion and efforts. Numerous retries then found out Normal Mode(correct name? both Hybrid & Adaptive unchecked.) with higher value like 100 then no spots with internal Honoka or UD_honoka_LOD.

Apparently Honoka has something to turn ppl whatever it take to get own version of Honoka. (spots on middle fingers??? can't spot.)

This is from OSIRI's KOKORO v7 to internal Honoka(tough combination). Setting is unchecked both modes with 150 smoothness(I think 100 would be enough for the most of cases. 300 was almost identical).

Spoiler

WS000542.thumb.jpg.8c1d8704240ebf336a98e2982a234807.jpg

From now on I will reply any CTT related questions with "Three attempts with 150 smoothness!"

Thanks again for your great tools!!

On 5/23/2018 at 5:44 AM, Otakadelic said:

Additional info about the transformer with Honoka.

One guy asked me how to solve the black spots on her fingers and I replied the tip with SaafRats' Honoka_LOD_Reference.zip. Then the guy insisted still one of fingers has spot. Although I couldn't confirm but the guy should be praised with his passion and efforts. Numerous retries then found out Normal Mode(correct name? both Hybrid & Adaptive unchecked.) with higher value like 100 then no spots with internal Honoka or UD_honoka_LOD.

Apparently Honoka has something to turn ppl whatever it take to get own version of Honoka. (spots on middle fingers??? can't spot.)

This is from OSIRI's KOKORO v7 to internal Honoka(tough combination). Setting is unchecked both modes with 150 smoothness(I think 100 would be enough for the most of cases. 300 was almost identical).

Reveal hidden contents

From now on I will reply any CTT related questions with "Three attempts with 150 smoothness!"

Thanks again for your great tools!!

Have you tried running the transformed TMC through my Converter & Post Processing tool with "All Objects" selected and Smooth seam + recompute normal vectors? I think would most likely correct any weird shadow problems.    Most of the time I just run the transformed model through my converter to make sure the normal vectors are correct since my Transformer tool actually "approximates" normal vectors for performance reasons which look right most of the time but can be screwy in some situations.  I think in this case, the source TMC also exhibits the black spots.

In any case, thanks for sharing your findings here :D

19 hours ago, timmyc said:

Have you tried running the transformed TMC through my Converter & Post Processing tool with "All Objects" selected and Smooth seam + recompute normal vectors? I think would most likely correct any weird shadow problems.    Most of the time I just run the transformed model through my converter to make sure the normal vectors are correct since my Transformer tool actually "approximates" normal vectors for performance reasons which look right most of the time but can be screwy in some situations.  I think in this case, the source TMC also exhibits the black spots.

In any case, thanks for sharing your findings here :D

Thanks for the reply Timmy!

Well, when I was a rookie (I mean a couple of months ago), noticed default smoothness creates two bumps for each side of breasts (four totals), and sometime Post Processing enlarge them. Now I think can avoid this with variety of ways, but the best scenario is better result on CTT then much  more freedom with post processing. The guy taught me how to avoid black spots so now I can focus other purposes, namely solve seams.

Thanks again for your ultimate tools for ultimate solutions!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2016 at 10:20 PM, timmyc said:
Spoiler

So I took some time to explore Lola's dark wet caves, but DOA5 is calling me again :D

This time, though, was a request to remove parts of the body.   This type of modifications can be done with a very simple method without any advanced knowledge in 3d modeling, so I figured it would be very helpful to give a step by step guide of how such thing can be done easily.

The request is to remove the nipples from one of Helena's nude mesh to create a general purpose mesh, and here's a step by step guide.  I think it should be relatively easy to perform and the same technique can be used to remove parts from multiple meshes and then combine together to form new mesh with the polygon insert tool.

Export the mesh to OBJ with the following steps

post-781013-0-16526300-1458622768_thumb.png

Now the OBJ should be previewable in Noesis

post-781013-0-42920300-1458622769_thumb.png

You can then edit it in your editing software of choice - in my case I use 3ds max since I am most familiar with it.   The same things should be doable in Blender as well, but you will have to make sure to select "Keep Vertex Order" when importing and exporting OBJ in Blender.

post-781013-0-64857400-1458622771_thumb.png

Move the parts you don't want to keep to the front of the model as shown below

post-781013-0-92585900-1458622772_thumb.png

Export the OBJ & import OBJ into TMC

post-781013-0-78051200-1458622774_thumb.png

post-781013-0-13206800-1458622777_thumb.png

Now the model looks like this in Noesis

post-781013-0-16437100-1458622780_thumb.png

Here's how to easily remove parts you don't want to keep with Mr. Dotouku's Polygon tool

post-781013-0-09009200-1458626979_thumb.pngpost-781013-0-03215100-1458626981_thumb.png

The idea is that since the parts you don't want to keep have been moved far from the model, you can use the range specifier in the tool to specify the vertices you wish to delete, and it's easy as 123 :D

Special note on Blender's OBJ import/export - Since I still cannot figure out how to get it to keep normal vectors during import of OBJ and there are seams all over the place after import/export, I want to show you how to easily deal with it with my tool.

If you just import the OBJ Blender exports using my tool, the model looks like this:

post-781013-0-32966000-1458623839_thumb.png

You can get rid of these seams without having to user Blender to remove duplicate vertices (which in turn destroys the vertex order that is essential for the converter to work, but the tool can deal with seams, so it is not necessary)

Load the TMC and OBJ with the same steps as shown above and use the post processing functionalities to recalculate normal vectors, smooth seams and fix neck rings:

post-781013-0-40192000-1458623840_thumb.png

After that, the model should be completely fine.   Please note that the delicious butt crack is perfectly preserved :D

post-781013-0-75132000-1458623841_thumb.png

This is a simple technique that can be used to remove parts from several TMCs and then combine to create one mesh.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

I'm having a little trouble with this. It's been years since I've used blender (even longer than for 3dsMax), but I tried following these instructions for removing a bikini from a model; it was going well but once I got into Blender I encountered some problems. I DID make sure to "Keep Vertex Order" (I also did an attempt without doing so to identify which part to remove), and these were my findings: 

563892583_ViaDirections.thumb.png.d07b65052d62c241b163d0813b00316f.pngImporting by directions, as "Keep Vertex Order" 

142710931_SplitandImpExpOrder.thumb.png.de5522cbe254880a55db6b181e00646c.png The wrong way of doing it-split import & "keep" on export

steps.thumb.png.a1542cb5e1cc8ab71aad74942fc162de.pngSteps

result.thumb.png.43b486c52a3606e5f440288194204b35.pngResult (of wrong import)

Part where I need help, moving the body group/vertices/portion away from the object: Move.thumb.png.c95545ec13bf097e41573399cd9acc70.pngThis is where I'm stuck.

Would appreciate insight on what I need to do to move forward. Many thanks.

On 6/15/2018 at 5:46 AM, anguished said:

Part where I need help, moving the body group/vertices/portion away from the object: This is where I'm stuck.

Would appreciate insight on what I need to do to move forward. Many thanks.

Pls upload somewhere (or attach to here) both TMC/TMCL and the blender files. Let me check and see if I can find something.

12 hours ago, Otakadelic said:

Pls upload somewhere (or attach to here) both TMC/TMCL and the blender files. Let me check and see if I can find something.

Originals? Alright. 

I attached them as .rar for convenience; I imagine I would encounter the same scenario for both models. 

7 hours ago, Chomp said:

Who's this? Very funny creature!

They're from @LGMODS submission in this post. I had initially asked there, however I think I was asking too much so I practiced some more. 

Pikachu.rar

Arcanine.rar

On 6/15/2018 at 5:46 AM, anguished said:

Part where I need help, moving the body group/vertices/portion away from the object: Move.thumb.png.c95545ec13bf097e41573399cd9acc70.png

The short answer is click "-" symbol located right of the list between the "+" symbol and the triangle symbol.

However I believe Timmy's OBJ converter is better suited with 3DS MAX(and wonderful post processing functions).

If you stick with Blender only then I recommend to use TMC(PC) Importer and tmcmesh-Importer/Exporter add-ons.

If you import using TMC(PC) Importer made by mr.dotoku, the list should contain following Vtx Groups. Those names of Vtx Groups are very important and better not change unless full grasp of what will happen. (Sometime needs to delete to re-create proper one using another add-on made by Mr.Dotoku.)

Spoiler

WS000671.thumb.jpg.9db7f0dfb2fcb1b41a7717c0b3ccb13f.jpg

TMC(PC) is importer only so far and requires tmcmesh-exporter. I checked the TMC/TMCL file and contains three meshes only, easy to export then insert or replace with original TMC/TMCL.

You can download these add-ons from here:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9zi2gt8dyllaj/doa5mod

Some ENG translations available from here:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/98851-unofficial-eng-translation-project-bone-motion-exporter-released-31may2018/?page=1

5 hours ago, Otakadelic said:

The short answer is click "-" symbol located right of the list between the "+" symbol and the triangle symbol.

However I believe Timmy's OBJ converter is better suited with 3DS MAX(and wonderful post processing functions).

If you stick with Blender only then I recommend to use TMC(PC) Importer and tmcmesh-Importer/Exporter add-ons.

If you import using TMC(PC) Importer made by mr.dotoku, the list should contain following Vtx Groups. Those names of Vtx Groups are very important and better not change unless full grasp of what will happen. (Sometime needs to delete to re-create proper one using another add-on made by Mr.Dotoku.)

Hide contents

TMC(PC) is importer only so far and requires tmcmesh-exporter. I checked the TMC/TMCL file and contains three meshes only, easy to export then insert or replace with original TMC/TMCL.

You can download these add-ons from here:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9zi2gt8dyllaj/doa5mod

Some ENG translations available from here:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/98851-unofficial-eng-translation-project-bone-motion-exporter-released-31may2018/?page=1

Funny, I had that mediafire page bookmarked from when I was looking for tools. Like you said, only being three meshes it should be easy. I'll give it a whirl when I have the opportunity. Thanks :beer:

10 hours ago, anguished said:

Funny, I had that mediafire page bookmarked from when I was looking for tools. Like you said, only being three meshes it should be easy. I'll give it a whirl when I have the opportunity. Thanks :beer:

Great! Let me mention one more add-on, it is 'must-have' because Blender frequently alter the normals and this will prevent and keep them as original.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/aramj8y3wwl0x70/for_Blender_Keep_Vertex_Normals_0.4.3.zip/file

Once installed then basically you don't have to do anything. This add-on keeps until export as tmcmesh files. Mr.Dotoku clearly mentioned to use this add-on with TMC Importer and tmcmesh Importer/Exporter. (I am on the way to translate EN instructions of tmcmesh add-on and this add-on)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2018 at 9:06 PM, Otakadelic said:

Great! Let me mention one more add-on, it is 'must-have' because Blender frequently alter the normals and this will prevent and keep them as original.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/aramj8y3wwl0x70/for_Blender_Keep_Vertex_Normals_0.4.3.zip/file

Once installed then basically you don't have to do anything. This add-on keeps until export as tmcmesh files. Mr.Dotoku clearly mentioned to use this add-on with TMC Importer and tmcmesh Importer/Exporter. (I am on the way to translate EN instructions of tmcmesh add-on and this add-on)

Once I finally got around to it, I decided to just use 3DS Max ?, and in the end I got them to work. I have one small quandary remaining however; the faces are not quite right:

311730_20180728085052_1.thumb.png.b9f9e6d50311865bce62a73a1d38ffe4.png

@LGMODShad stated that invisible hair and faces should be used for these models, 

TMC - PIKACHU & ARCANINE IMPORT

/!\ Put invisible Hair & Face if you play with these models /!\

Source

but I'm not quite sure how to do that. I've used LNK ReShuffle in the past to try and remove a character's hair/face however it did not take effect. I'll give it another try and see if I can resolve it.

15 hours ago, Anguished said:

Once I finally got around to it, I decided to just use 3DS Max ?, and in the end I got them to work. I have one small quandary remaining however; the faces are not quite right:

311730_20180728085052_1.thumb.png.b9f9e6d50311865bce62a73a1d38ffe4.png

@LGMODShad stated that invisible hair and faces should be used for these models, 

but I'm not quite sure how to do that. I've used LNK ReShuffle in the past to try and remove a character's hair/face however it did not take effect. I'll give it another try and see if I can resolve it.

Use the latest version of the program autolink, it is more convenient to use it.

Hi Timmy, just want to say thank you for both your transformer and converter tools. Wonderful for technical idiots like me.

Also +1 to the crowd hoping you'll release the very kinky bondage mod someday, not really into piercings but that mod looked incredible. ?

34 minutes ago, breddy said:

Hi Timmy, just want to say thank you for both your transformer and converter tools. Wonderful for technical idiots like me.

Also +1 to the crowd hoping you'll release the very kinky bondage mod someday, not really into piercings but that mod looked incredible. ?

Crowd of "technical idiots"? ?  funny!   :)