Nice mod.

Not sure if this has been posted yet but the roll doesn't seem to work in first person using Enhanced camera.

The character model seems to actually animate as you can see the legs in the air, but you don't actually seem to move when doing it and the player hands remain upright.

Hmm okay a delay of 3-4 seconds make this mod unplayable sadly. I know this is because of heavy script load so is there a tool or a way how to check which mod is heavy scripted so i can reduce the lag?

Edit: Hmm okay its seems so that when i disable my ENB the roll reacts better on the key press somehow. Pretty strange.

Hmm okay a delay of 3-4 seconds make this mod unplayable sadly. I know this is because of heavy script load so is there a tool or a way how to check which mod is heavy scripted so i can reduce the lag?

Edit: Hmm okay its seems so that when i disable my ENB the roll reacts better on the key press somehow. Pretty strange.

Papyrus is dependent on framerate so by disabling your ENB you get a framerate boost making papyrus work faster :D

I did a bit of normalization of the dodge/parry sound effects.

I'm also using the naked roll sound effect stead of the light roll.

IMO the light roll sound is just wierd and makes no sense at all :D.

Dark Souls - Combat Sounds: Mega / Mediafire

Papyrus is dependent on framerate so by disabling your ENB you get a framerate boost making papyrus work faster :D

Oh okay thats good to know thanks^^ Anyway rolling at 20 fps istn quite possible and everytime i riposte an npc the animation doesnt play and the npc just dies. Well, i guess i just have bad luck with mods.

Sweet mod, man. We just need better animations for weaponry, and I wouldn't mind a Dark Souls animation pack for sure. They're not entirely realistic, but they'd sure as hell be an improvement over the clumsy shit vanilla gives us.

Thing is, i remember watching a bethesda documentary thing, and Todd was going on about his animators and how that got some 'professional' martial artist to help them with the animations.

Todd got lied to, I think. Either that or he's never held an actual sword before.

How does the mods calculate the damage for the riposte? Its just odd that i always instantly kill every enemy with a riposte even a draugr overlord with a steel sword al level 5 on the master difficulty regardless of how i set the multiplier in the settings

How does the mods calculate the damage for the riposte? Its just odd that i always instantly kill every enemy with a riposte even a draugr overlord with a steel sword al level 5 on the master difficulty regardless of how i set the multiplier in the settings

Yeah.. Criticals and the riposte are really strong.

I'm using 1.1 for power attacks 1.3 for riposte but is still too strong since PerMa also adds a bleeding effect to some attacks.

Yeah.. Criticals and the riposte are really strong.

I'm using 1.1 for power attacks 1.3 for riposte but is still too strong since PerMa also adds a bleeding effect to some attacks.

@shazor It has been stated in the mod description that riposte does not support creatures, which is why it instantly kills them. If i remember correctly, it's because of the way the creatures in this game works.

@bola08 Ripostes are supposed to be strong. The problem is, the parrying that this mod has are way easier to execute compared to original DS' parry. in order to make ripostes balanced, he need to find out how to make your shield bash to actually connect with the enemy's hitframe somehow, with an extremely short parry window, just as it was in original DS. Unfortunately, if i remember it right, he's not sure if all of this is possible.

@bola08 Ripostes are supposed to be strong. The problem is, the parrying that this mod has are way easier to execute compared to original DS' parry. in order to make ripostes balanced, he need to find out how to make your shield bash to actually connect with the enemy's hitframe somehow, with an extremely short parry window, just as it was in original DS. Unfortunately, if i remember it right, he's not sure if all of this is possible.

Yeah but sometimes there is also a attack right before the riposte.

So is like 2 attacks a once.

Maybe I will make the riposte 0.3 or so to balance it.

I noticed a lot of repeating messages in papyrus like this with 1.41 Roll Only version. Is it harmless or something exceptionally wrong? The errors are related to lines 296 and 298 of bb_poise_monitorpoisescript.psc.

[Active effect 6 on  (00000014)].BB_Poise_MonitorPoiseScript.OnUpdate() - "bb_poise_monitorpoisescript.psc" Line 298
[08/17/2015 - 01:49:11AM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp37"
stack:
    [Active effect 6 on  (00000014)].BB_Poise_MonitorPoiseScript.OnUpdate() - "bb_poise_monitorpoisescript.psc" Line 298
[08/17/2015 - 01:49:11AM] Error: Cannot divide by zero
stack:
[08/17/2015 - 01:49:14AM] Error: Cannot call GetValue() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [Active effect 6 on  (00000014)].BB_Poise_MonitorPoiseScript.OnUpdate() - "bb_poise_monitorpoisescript.psc" Line 296
[08/17/2015 - 01:49:14AM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp32"
stack:
    [Active effect 6 on  (00000014)].BB_Poise_MonitorPoiseScript.OnUpdate() - "bb_poise_monitorpoisescript.psc" Line 296
[08/17/2015 - 01:49:14AM] Error: Cannot divide by zero
stack:
[08/17/2015 - 01:49:14AM] Error: Cannot call GetValue() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:

The messages loop into each other endlessly. Dividing by zero can't be good, right?

Hi TDF,

A quick suggestion regarding "parry time window".  I noticed that with a save of heavy script load (thanks to "summersetisle" and "ASwordAccursed" mods...), parry for player (vs NPC) is really easy to time.  For a rather light script load save, not so much.  May I suggest adding a MCM slider to adjust the time window?

P.S.  you probably noticed, there are more than a few posters in reddit that mention this mod.  Obviously folks are enjoying your work.

@slizer40000: Did you hit the Reset option after updating? If you are a new user, then... that's super weird. Try hitting the Reset option in the MCM.

@jdods13: I don't use Script Dragon and it really has fallen out of popular use.

@Arcadiae: I think there is already a mod that is attempting to edit the behavior files to allow this (still WIP). The name escapes me at the moment though... what was it again... Ah yes http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1508450-wip-character-behaviors-enhanced/

@Guddengg: I could, but there's a big concern I have about the responsiveness as it is and adding in more code for that would definitely have an impact on that unfortunately. 4-directional rolling is a bit limited, I agree.

@CoachCookiez: That would be disconcerting I think. It's a shame that it doesn't work with Enhanced First Person, though I'm gonna guess it works with Immersive First Person, but then you don't get the hands.

@Pet1Pet: I can't do that and I'll explain why. The mod currently works by allowing parrying to succeed during any point of the opponent's attack animation (startup and recovery included). However, it's sort of disallowed backwards by turning that off after a certain animation event in the attack animation. This allows more predictable windows for all weapons regardless of speed. Obviously, as you mentioned, with heavier script load, the trigger to start the disallowing will be a bit delayed, opening up the window. Now, as I was working on some of the code for this, I tested how a static, defined parry window (in terms of time) would work and the fact that faster weapons were no more difficult to parry that heavy weapons was upsetting. And weapons with high swing speeds would be parry-able at any point in the animation, which was not great.

Anyway, if I missed anyone, please type your comment again.

I've decided to stop working on this mod, and really stop making mods in general. A couple of reasons for this. I was working on the script for backstabs and ripostes a few weeks ago trying to make it more reliable (some people reported bugs on it and I probably have the worst symptoms because I probably have the worst rig around), and I was so frustrated for about a week because I couldn't make it better; just kept making it worse. And when I say frustrated, I literally mean keeping me up nights. And then I realized this is how it's always been when I release a mod where I'm working with users to make something better. As much as I love the interaction and enjoy working with all of you to develop a better more enjoyable experience, I just can't stand it! It happened with TDF Prostitution, it was happening here as well. I don't need a psychologist to tell me that's unhealthy. And I thought about this for about 2 weeks.

So, I've decided to try out a new frontier for me in gaming: streaming on Twitch. So far, I'm having fun. I get to have the interaction that I loved so much here, and I don't worry about it as much as I do when I'm mod-making.

Sorry to anyone who supported me and hoped that I would release more stuff for this. Sorry for any disappointment.

EDIT: Right, and if for whatever reason you feel compelled to... twitch.tv/sirbrotherbob

snip

EDIT: Right, and if for whatever reason you feel compelled to... twitch.tv/sirbrotherbob

Sorry to hear you are out man!

But thanks for really great mods!

I hope you do well on the twitch channel!

Also thanks a lot for trying to improve Skyrim lazy combat system!

I found this masterpiece after it was posted to the skyrim mods Reddit and was immediately enthralled by the concept. I'm super disappointed that you decided to quit out of context, but in context I'm glad that you left something that was clearly stressing you out. Only talented people can make stuff like this, and talented people don't deserve to go through that kind of mental fuckery.

Thank you for all the work you've put into this so far though, it's a massive base to build with that greatly improves on other Dark Souls imitation mods, particularly the roll dodge system. I was hoping for shield stability, but that's a relatively small mechanic I can miss since I don't use shields anyway and I have more than enough to play with with the amazing system you've built here.

Thanks for your time and dedication to this mod and I hope you find success in whatever you decide to try out. I never really understood twitch myself but I know some people can really enjoy it.