• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyway to unassign controller buttons for custom actions? I can't roll because of it.. This is a Dark Souls mod, there HAS to be controller support.. Right?

There's no way I'm playing Elder Souls with a fuckin' kb/m with its lock on system and everything.. Vanilla? Sure. But not this.

I use a controller as well. I map the roll button to the L2 bumper (default sprint button on controller). Works right out of the box if you just go into the MCM and do that.

I even use the Lock-On mod as well and this is what I do. I use DS4Windows to use my PS4 controller, so this may not be super useful for you if you don't. The program allows me to remap things (example, If I wanted the program will let me set it up so that when I press Triangle, my computer will think the controller is pressing Square, and other suck remaps). So what I did was I had the program make it so that when I press the big pad in the middle the computer will think I'm pressing R3 (clicking the Right Analog Stick) which would be changing from first to third person and vice versa. Then, I make it so that when I press R3 the program makes the computer think I'm pressing Right on the D-Pad (which is not actually a control to do anything in the game by default), but I configured the lock-on button in the Lock-On mod to be Right on the D-pad. Boom! Done. Fairly easy. Back when I used a PS3 controller and didn't have all this sort of "external" control over remapping buttons, I did play around with Data\Interface\Controls\PC\controlmap.txt and set it up so that the controls were very similar to in Dark Souls, with for example the Circle button being the sprint/roll.

Is there a way to not have the camera locked when you do a roll? Its very annoying how i cant rotate the camera while trying to roll away from a attack.

Some may argue that rotating the camera while attack/rolling is stupid but its only stupid because it literally moves your character while you do these animations.

But that does not happen in dark souls at all. The camera can still be rotated while u attack or roll but it locks your character in place, unlike skyrim.

So an option to not have the camera locked would be great. Or even an option to lock your character in place but not the camera, if thats even possible.

Checking back on this mod. Does it still have latency issues with staggers and rolls? Or have those been optimized now?

Laggy features have also been a deal breaker for me. Vigor used to also have a pretty terrible stagger until v3.0, when it switched to the vanilla stagger. Only after that did I switch over to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Soo i tried using tk dodge over this one and it seems tk cannot dodge while moving, only standing still, for someone who likes moving away from the enemy that is a major deal breaker..

Also is there any delay compared to the two mods?

Also no front dodge while pressing the key only works on double tap. sad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi,TDF,I have played your DS mod for some time and I found it's the greatest mod I have played,  It improves the whole combat experience of skyrim to a higher level,thanks so much for your working :D

I am  glad you have given me the translate permission on the Nexus so  I can translate such amzing mod into Chinese to make more people Know about your excellent work. I love this mod so much that I want to  modified it to make it more perfect. In fact I am  a new commer and konw almost nothing about Skyrim modding,I can just make some small changes to the .psc file and compile them now,without any knowledge of using CK.But I will fix it  eventually, I believe,with the love of Dark Souls,haha :lol:

there are something I am very confused now,I hope you can(if you have some free time) take a look and give me some advice

About the stagger. I have noticed your mod did stagger animation better than any other stagger mod,seems like the other mod's stagger animation is a part of full body stagger,let's call it big stagger, and it looks just too much,in my opinion. I like your stagger animation, it looks very natural,if I remember correctlly,it's the stagger animation when you get an unblocked bash attack from the front.I don't kown how you make it, but it looks absolutely amazing especially in the combo.but here is the question,when you get a power attack or  a shout, you will get a big stagger, then any hit can make you  stagger like that,instead of the original small one.It may looks more uncomfortable after you get a power attack from the back,the next hit can make you lean forward even when you face the target.The same thing happen to  the CombatMaster  too.But in the ActionCombat or EHSE,similar things never happen,perhaps it's because of the different  method to call stagger I guess? I found in their scripts that they just send different stagger spell when get hit,perhaps it can make their stagger animation more independent?and I found their stagger response quicker,can it be due to this?Is there any way to make the stagger spell does small stagger just like that,or even call the lean forward stagger when you hit the target from the back?

I  kown almost noting about modding,my English is also very poor,so reading the tutorials on CreationKit WiKi is very hard for me,I really hope you can give me some advice :lol: hoping you can understand what I wrote above with my poor English :P I am looking forward your reply.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a hard-coded way to cause staggers. It is done through Magic Effects. For example, you can look at the Unrelenting Force magic effects. Combat Master and Dark Souls Combat cause staggers through a script function to trigger the stagger animation itself. Using the approach of Magic Effects is beneficial in that there are other game mechanics and perks that can affect stagger duration. However, I took the approach used by Combat Master. This is beneficial because it prevents the player from moving while being staggered.

I wish I could be more active in the community lately, but I am now very busy this year. If you send me another message, I can try to remember and talk further about this with you.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This isnt a bug with the mod but i was wondering if someone could help me with this

Duplicate AnimFile Paired_1HMBleedOutKill.hkx for character, mods Skyrim and BBDarkSoulsCombat
Duplicate AnimFile Paired_H2HKillMoveComboA.hkx for character, mods BBDarkSoulsCombat and Skyri
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, I recently was on /r/SkyrimMods and there was a thread about getting the same UI as what was seen in the Youtube videos of er hong. This Youtuber has a very Souls-like Skyrim mod-setup, complete with a certain UI organization. It took me some time to be sure, but I realized that this mod-setup definitely included Dark Souls Combat.

However, it had clearly been further modified to work out some of the animation bugs. At the time I abandoned this project I had given up on trying to fix the bugs because I was convinced they couldn't be fixed. Well, it turns out they could be, and v1.5 tries to address the most annoying one, which is NPCs that can't attack after being parried.

It also introduces new changes to stamina usage and regeneration delay. It gives a very Souls-like feel to stamina usage, including adding stamina cost to normal attacks and firing bows/crossbows. There are also added stamina regeneration delays to most combat actions. This helps to address the ability to infinitely spam roll because stamina was regenerated during the previous roll, for example.

Also, Creature ripostes are now disabled by default (can be re-enabled in MCM). They are one-shot-kills and it really does destroy any balanced creature combat.

Hopefully, v1.5 does a bit better of a job bringing a balanced Dark Souls experience into Skyrim.

Oh,thanks god,finally update!Thank you so much for your great work!This update do fix the bug,and the stamina  usage is also very excellent!

Hi,it's been a long time since the last update,how have you been lately?Do you have any spare time to continue updating ? I really can't wait to see the next update,haha.

I've been quite busy over the past year and a half. I had some time this weekend, so I had just happened to see er hong's videos and wanted to make the current release better, based on what I saw. I don't know if I can regularly update again, and I'm not even sure what further directions I'd like to take the mod. Maybe figure out how to integrate magic? Poise damage from magic maybe? Spell parrying? I'm not sure and I'm not very inspired by the Vanilla magic system, and I don't know if the scripting functions are there to really do much with magic.

Oh,I see.I was just too excited to see the upadte,haha.Just do what you like. :lol:

About the magic system,I think it may be a little difficulty because it's so different from the magic in DS,I am afraid it would be too powerful just like many other mods that add magic stagger.Perhaps you can solve it?I am looking forward to see it.

anyway,do what you like and have a nice day :lol: