What music do you listen to?

3 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

Some good old boom-bap~? ?️??

I'm not a rap connaisseuse but I find oldies have a charm the more recent scene doesn't have - not that they have much, has to be lyrical if it's new stuff as I can't bear with a bunch of parodical clowns with dysarthria... Which is rare, sadly.

Also, aren't these gentlemen Penn & Teller? I fancy myself some sleight of hand haha, got a few tricks down, too!

Basic things, mind you haha, I have an artisan project of my own which I had left in the dust for the past three years, could be perfect for an original trick, now that I think of it. ?

18 hours ago, Idyll said:

Some good old boom-bap~? ?️??

I'm not a rap connaisseuse but I find oldies have a charm the more recent scene doesn't have - not that they have much, has to be lyrical if it's new stuff as I can't bear with a bunch of parodical clowns with dysarthria... Which is rare, sadly.

Also, aren't these gentlemen Penn & Teller? I fancy myself some sleight of hand haha, got a few tricks down, too!

Basic things, mind you haha, I have an artisan project of my own which I had left in the dust for the past three years, could be perfect for an original trick, now that I think of it. ?

I got into rap because of the 90s (Run DMC- "Walk this way" video, Digital Underground, etc.) and gangsta rap because of GTA San Andreas.    As for the new stuff, there is some unique styles, like Afroman or Joyner Lucas, but the vast majority is as you say.    Its not just you that says that, but some of the old school rappers as well.   Now a days anyone can rap:

Yes, that is a younger Penn and Teller, and its not sleight of hand, it is magic!  So bring your magic to YT so we can all say "ooohhh"  and "ahhhh"  to your skillz!

I've been messing with this playlist for a while now. It's probably not a whole lot of people's cup of tea, but it's a lot of music that can be loosely defined as "pop" from various eras and countries. Influenced by funk, disco, house, that type of shit mostly. The loose theme is "if it slaps, it goes here". There's an emphasis on party and romance themes, with a bit of a dark edge. I try to stick to stuff that can play for a long time in the background on shuffle and kind of flow through different sounds without any one thing standing out too dramatically, although a few things here and there are silly enough to stand out. Like a cover of "Gimme Gimme Gimme" in ye olde Greek, lol.

7 hours ago, allegedly said:

I've been messing with this playlist for a while now. It's probably not a whole lot of people's cup of tea, but it's a lot of music that can be loosely defined as "pop" from various eras and countries. Influenced by funk, disco, house, that type of shit mostly. The loose theme is "if it slaps, it goes here". There's an emphasis on party and romance themes, with a bit of a dark edge. I try to stick to stuff that can play for a long time in the background on shuffle and kind of flow through different sounds without any one thing standing out too dramatically, although a few things here and there are silly enough to stand out. Like a cover of "Gimme Gimme Gimme" in ye olde Greek, lol.

You are always welcome to post a sample from YT for those of us who don't have a Spotify account.  It isn't a requirement, but it does make it a bit easier for a few LL users.      As this is LL, do whatever you are comfortable with, and share as much or as little as you like! 

That'd be a little tough in this case because it's almost 24hr worth of music, but I did make a youtube playlist that's pretty much the same flavor. Shorter but similarly all over the place genre wise, has some stuff the other one doesn't. I think I took the process a little more seriously while making the Spotify one.