GECK issue

The GECK is pretty buggy at times, I recommend turning on the auto backup feature and also making sure you save your work every time you reach a major stage, then copy that into another folder.

There are so many ways to crash GECK, none of them reliable.

Also check your load order too, if SCR is after Legion then it may lockup as described, it also aborts a load by FNVedit too.

Sometimes GECK just takes a while if a lot of mods are present.

Sorry I have no magic fix for you.

Perhaps run FNVEdit first, it finds a lot of errors GECK doesn't show. In my experience both are needed to do mods. I usually use FNVEdit to check Mods before releasing them.

Just a quick reply to state this issue is now FIXED. for ome reason rebooting my pc fixed it. thanks for the help guys.

Ah it might have been running twice in the background or similar.

When you start using powerup, you have to start it by the powerup/NVSE file rather than the normal GECK icon, there should be more details in the readme, you won't be able to live without it if you do any scripting, it will tell you what line the error is on 99.9% of the time. Without it the script just refuses to save with no messages.

Just a quick reply to state this issue is now FIXED. for ome reason rebooting my pc fixed it. thanks for the help guys.

Ah it might have been running twice in the background or similar.

When you start using powerup' date=' you have to start it by the powerup/NVSE file rather than the normal GECK icon, there should be more details in the readme, you won't be able to live without it if you do any scripting, it will tell you what line the error is on 99.9% of the time. Without it the script just refuses to save with no messages.

[/quote']

Right, same goes for NVSE. You need either the NVSE Powerup version from the NVSE site (I believe there is a newer one on nexus somewhere), or the powerup *plugin* for NVSE. I use the latter, along with the normal geck+nvse shortcut.

• 1 month later...

Archived