Cloaks of Skyrim - HDT-PE - Fixed

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's a craftable hdt version of cloaks of skyrim on the Nexus. It's great, because it avoids all of the problems of bandits and guards having hdt cloaks that do... weird stuff. Hopefully when these cloaks are ready, they can be incorporated into that mod.

So I found this mod before (the original one) and used it, but I had an odd issue with it where I would equip one of the HDT cloaks, and for some reason it would equip two of the cloak models instead of the normal one.  I opened up the .nifs to make sure the cloak models didn't have duplicate shapes, but they only have one trishape.  I can't figure out why this happens but I stopped using the original mod because I couldn't fix it.

The normal non-HDT cloak mesh works just fine, it doesn't get duplicated.  When I replace the normal cloak mesh file with the HDT one, it duplicates in game and acts absolutely crazy because they both collide with each other (2 physics meshes trying to occupy the same spot).  Alternatively, if I just remove the hdt .xml (but use the hdt .nif version of the cloak), the cloak doesn't duplicate (but of course no physics).  It appears to be an issue with the XML some how (at least it's my guess anyway, hdt mesh functions fine until I throw in the .xml, then the cloak duplicates itself when equipped), but I'm not sure how or why.

Examples (click pics for bigger version):

3kjSnID.jpg

6r1x2KE.jpg

Has anyone else ran in to this issue, or any idea why this happens and how to correct it?  Thanks.  I want to put HDT cloaks back in, but this issue happens 100% of the time with every cloak.

With that said, thanks bola08 for going through and fixing the meshes that cause CTDs.  Meshes that would CTD before no longer do, I just have this weird duplicate bug to sort out now.

I'm getting the exact same issue you are describing. What exactly do I have to do to fix this, you said you found a solution, didn't quite understand your first explanation.

Okay solved this myself, turns out my bashed patch was loading the old esp from the original cloaks mod and the bashed patch esp was dependant on it. So made another bashed patch without the old esp. Then only loaded this esp and no problems. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I joined this site specifically to thank you for creating this file. I have also run into the original mod before and tried fixing it to no avail. I was so bummed to give up on it since it looked so cool and had some amazing quality. I'm really happy to see that someone else came upon this gem and took the time to fix it. Thanks again bola08!!

Edit: I still get crashing with it in the same spots as where the original file would cause crashing (Dragonsreach and the Jorrvaskr Living Quarters). It doesn't crash as much as the original file does, but now tends to crash at random intervals when going through those specific areas and when randomly running around. Damn shame because this is such an awesome mod and the cloaks work very well :/ 

• 1 month later...

the only problem i have is that while this mod is awesome, it can't be used with Skyrim Hair Physics project. on my system, with both mods activated, this happens: deactivate the physics cloaks and hair works with no problem. if someone could find a way to make them work together, that would be spectacular!!!2016-03-05_00001_zpsnkyrsint.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So I found this mod before (the original one) and used it, but I had an odd issue with it where I would equip one of the HDT cloaks, and for some reason it would equip two of the cloak models instead of the normal one.  I opened up the .nifs to make sure the cloak models didn't have duplicate shapes, but they only have one trishape.  I can't figure out why this happens but I stopped using the original mod because I couldn't fix it.

The normal non-HDT cloak mesh works just fine, it doesn't get duplicated.  When I replace the normal cloak mesh file with the HDT one, it duplicates in game and acts absolutely crazy because they both collide with each other (2 physics meshes trying to occupy the same spot).  Alternatively, if I just remove the hdt .xml (but use the hdt .nif version of the cloak), the cloak doesn't duplicate (but of course no physics).  It appears to be an issue with the XML some how (at least it's my guess anyway, hdt mesh functions fine until I throw in the .xml, then the cloak duplicates itself when equipped), but I'm not sure how or why.

Examples (click pics for bigger version):

3kjSnID.jpg

6r1x2KE.jpg

Has anyone else ran in to this issue, or any idea why this happens and how to correct it?  Thanks.  I want to put HDT cloaks back in, but this issue happens 100% of the time with every cloak.

With that said, thanks bola08 for going through and fixing the meshes that cause CTDs.  Meshes that would CTD before no longer do, I just have this weird duplicate bug to sort out now.

I'm getting the exact same issue you are describing. What exactly do I have to do to fix this, you said you found a solution, didn't quite understand your first explanation.

Okay solved this myself, turns out my bashed patch was loading the old esp from the original cloaks mod and the bashed patch esp was dependant on it. So made another bashed patch without the old esp. Then only loaded this esp and no problems. 

I dont understand what did you do???

cegi985

first off are you running a bashed patch.esp? if you are here is a good video on how to change your bashed patch

Anyhow check in your list if you've got 2 esp's loading for the cloaks eliminate the esp you don't need while editing the bashed patch esp and click on build patch.

• 1 year later...
On 9/11/2015 at 2:40 AM, DjaySaint said:

I found the issue and fixed it.  The flags in the armor add-on were set for two slots, which was causing the mesh to equip to two slots.  I forgot to disable the previous .esp I was using, which was the one that had the extra flags for armor add-ons.  Yours is fine, those are all fixed.

Was a simple and easy solution once I finally decided to look at the biped slots in nifskope and tes5edit to make sure they matched.  Not sure why I didn't check sooner.  Anyway, thanks for the reply and fixing the HDT add-on so it no longer CTDs.

Can you please explain what you did.I have problem with duplicate cloak.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...