View File

Cover Yourself!

Well, now you can.

[Description]

This mod is a dynamic cover mod. It does very little right now, but if I have time in the future I may add a few more things. (although I wouldn't expect much, in fact if you would like to take this mod and run with it. I give all permissions. *Source files now provided in downloads.)

The player will cover up if spotted by a humanoid npc if they are wearing no clothes. Simple. Immersive.

[Requires]

latest SKSE
latest FNIS

[installation]
Download aModestSkyrim v1.7.(This is the only file you need.)
Add aModestSkyrim with the mod manager of your choice then run fnis.

[Removal]
Remove aModestSkyrim, run FNIS, clean save with SaveTool. (I will not be responsible for any broken saves.)

[Thanks to]

Zaz for the cover animation.
FNIS for his animation tools.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/30/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    SKSE, FNIS
  • Special Edition Compatible

It works! Thanks for your work!

P.S. - I spent about 10 minutes attempting to make a post with nice links to my references and whatnot, but this is my first post ever and I was denied using any links and I lost my first post. Sad face.

So here is a short version of a "bug" I have encountered:

Your mod works perfectly for my character when taking clothes off and putting them back on. However, there is a possible "bug" that is caused by the Feminine Running animation from Nexus, which uses FNIS to change the vanilla running. I'm assuming your mod would work perfectly when running, but whenever I sprint, the animation reverts to another running animation and your mod stops working until I remove the clothes again.

Not sure if this is only related to the Feminine Running animation or if standard running stops the mod (I don't want to uninstall the other mod to thoroughly test it).

P.S. - I spent about 10 minutes attempting to make a post with nice links to my references and whatnot, but this is my first post ever and I was denied using any links and I lost my first post. Sad face.

Your mod works perfectly for my character when taking clothes off and putting them back on. However, there is a possible "bug" that is caused by the Feminine Running animation from Nexus, which uses FNIS to change the vanilla running. I'm assuming your mod would work perfectly when running, but whenever I sprint, the animation reverts to another running animation and your mod stops working until I remove the clothes again.

Not sure if this is only related to the Feminine Running animation or if standard running stops the mod (I don't want to uninstall the other mod to thoroughly test it).

It's not a bug. This happens to everyone when sprinting.  It's a part of how skyrim works with animations, and sequences them, as well as how my mod triggers the detected event. I may attempt to fix this in the future but I have very little time to work on things as of now.  Adding clothing back and removing it, or running out of sight of an npc will reset the global that is used.

I really like this a lot. It works well in game too. Maybe in the future more options could be implemented. Maybe you don't cover around followers, or npcs you select because you may be comfortable around them. Though not all of them. Maybe another option for cover based on arousal.

Well done.

It's not a bug. This happens to everyone when sprinting.  It's a part of how skyrim works with animations, and sequences them, as well as how my mod triggers the detected event. I may attempt to fix this in the future but I have very little time to work on things as of now.  Adding clothing back and removing it, or running out of sight of an npc will reset the global that is used.

Thanks for the reply. Also, I just started using HDT with breast physics and that causes a mess when crouching (in a comical way). I'm fine with this because your mod still delivers and is easy to use. :)

Rather than only deal with certain relationship levels (Which would work, but there are many npcs who I have a good relationship with but I would not let them see me naked). I think the option via mcm to allow certain npcs would be great. Also, certain things like an exhibitionist getting a kick out of not covering for anyone would be cool to include.

I love this a lot. However I have a bug report.

Sexlab animations get trounced by the covering. If you're having sex around someone who is NOT the other person in the animation, your character will cease being in their proper position, then stand up and cover themselves, so your partner is air-humping. Might wanna do something about that.

Yes you can hit the 'reset position key' (default " [ " ) but this reset the timer on the current animation stage every time.

I love this a lot. However I have a bug report.

Sexlab animations get trounced by the covering. If you're having sex around someone who is NOT the other person in the animation, your character will cease being in their proper position, then stand up and cover themselves, so your partner is air-humping. Might wanna do something about that.

Yes you can hit the 'reset position key' (default " [ " ) but this reset the timer on the current animation stage every time.

This is something that I already know about.  It would be considered an "incompatibility" rather than a bug.  It seems it's a soft incompatibility at most as it doesn't crash the game or break any other mods beyond repair.

I'll put it in the pile of things I may get around to doing in the future as I'll have to learn how to interact with SL in order to fix it.

The idea is great.

There was a mod called sexlabaroused animations... by red 

The mod when the npc get really aroused start to make sexy idles animations, and when they are naked the cover themself it could be a great mod if it wasnt because the author havent update the mod from like a year ago... and it had some weird animations

(the npc star moving when sexy iddle) 

I think you could expand your mod fron the idea of the author above, this mod has a lot of potential

• 3 weeks later...

This is such a fun mod with great potential.  Using it with a mod that gives a chance to break on your armor led to some funny situations.  "Farkas!  Quit staring at my tits and give me your cloak!"  

Automatically changing expression to dialogue shy would be a fun addition.  A hotkey to shut it off so it wouldn't conflict with other animations would be great.  Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I like it.

Works nice and simply.

also on a silly side note.....
you can tell when a humanoid is detecting you and you are not sneaking just by being naked.

although on a more suggestive note......i would of liked a mcm menu allowing the player to disable its effects under certain circumstances....eg in combat
If i knew how to do the MCM menu thing i totally would but........................haven't a clue the only scripting i've ever done was making my own smelt ore spell created from the transmute ore spell iron to silver silver to gold.

• 2 weeks later...

I started using your mod first, because I liked it. It was like the Devious Deviants more devious quest but without a bunch of baggage.

However, i just started using Break Undies Plus, and realized they have a similar cover self mod

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1559-break-undies-plus/

Script wise i think theirs is a bit more usable since this one tends to make naked combat really hard (keeps switching in animations)

But i copied the animation from this mod onto that one (since it worked better with larger boobs)

Just mentioning it for people :)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I must have done something wrong. I'm getting a message saying that the mod will go into effect when someone comments on my state of dress. I've been streaking around Whiterun for a few minutes and nothing has changed. If someone could help me out, I'd be very happy. 

Update: It seems that the message I was receiving was from another mod that was supposed to do something similar. It seems that this mod isn't doing anything for me. I must have done something wrong with fnis.