Oblivion Clear control maps

Hello, I recently started oblivion but I hate keyboard game play and needed to use a controller. However the controller support for oblivion sucks!

So my problem arises from the fact that the controls are very annoying and sometimes far too sensitive too.

But I personally want to use pinnacle game profiler for oblivion, but when I do the default oblivion control maps also take effect and makes game play very awkward. Is there a way to clear oblivion's mapped controller controls so pinnacle can take full control?

Thanks!

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Controls

Maybe review the section on Remapping Controls on that same page. I'd also suggest familiarizing yourself with your Oblivion.ini and creating a backup of it first before doing any remapping. The ini is typically located under C:\Users\User Name\Documents\My Games\Oblivion. The section you need to review is [Controls].

Keep in mind that Oblivion is an old game and designed to run on 32-bit Windows XP and not a contemporary O/S or 64-bit.

I have always played Oblivion via a keyboard and mouse and never tried a joystick, so no idea what you are in for. Good luck.

The big bad thing about using a game pad for this game series is that you can't have 120 hotkeys while you have 300 spells, weapons, armors and items.

And, at the same time, it gives Beth developers a really good excuse for making crap UI. "Because console gamers can hardly do things with PC-optimized UI!! and xbox version's revenue is nine times bigger than PC!!" well Stendarr's ballsack. Morrowind's UI was actually quite good, but after they've seen the success on the console platforms apparently they've decided that making UI shitty would be a better idea.

In short, I'd recommend using keyboard, especially if it is FP/TP shooter view game or RTS. Try lowering the sensitivity in the in-game settings menu. I don't remember, but I believe there is one.

Archived