WARNING: You might be bored, frustrated or uncontrollably enraged by the following read. You have been warned.

Have you had any of those moments when you got so angry at Skyrim, you just nuked your game and mod directory? I did, once a year ago and another just recently. And the reason is extremely simple. I was fed up. I had it with Skyrim's ungrateful attitude. I mean just spend so much time trying to get things right, and what does it do? Crashes like a little bitch. Like all the bloody time.

It all started this morning when I got up. I have been meaning to play Skyrim for sometime but never got around to it because of, you know, reasons. I mean, I did launch the game from time to time but what I did was less playing and more, let's call it exploration and indulgence of sexual interests. So I was actually excited to get back into the story. Which says a lot, actually. I hadn't had hype to play Skyrim, even as I write now, there is this voice in my head that tells me to play Skyrim. But that hype was utterly crushed when I was getting closer to Riverwood, up from the way to Whiterun, when Skyrim crashed. I tried my best to figure what the problem was I checked papyrus logs, mod organizer logs (didn't know they existed), even cleaning my saves and updating some mods but it was for naught. Nothing I did helped at all. In a fit of rage and anger, I deleted the MO folder. Destroying my mod directory. Then set my eyes upon Skyrim, left-clicked and wondered for split second. Am I going too far? ... No, this is what you must do. A grim and hard voice said from inside my skull. And I nuked my Skyrim. There is no one left now. All my characters,... Well, I had one technically but still... Always a shame to let go of all of that work.

On one hand, I want to say I am glad but I can't because I am going to do all of that for no other reason than being a masochist. On the other, I learned a valuable lesson. If I am to re-install Skyrim, again I am going to try and keep things minimal. Performance increases and carnal mod are a must. So they will always remain. I still like my characters to be unique. ECE and RaceMenu and one hair mod, one tattoo/warpaint mod. I am not going overboard with overhauls just one. Though it might be increadibly boring on paper, I am going to stay away from SkyRe and PerMa, as well.

Reiteration. Have you had any moments when you just wanted to nuke your Skyrim?

I've raged plenty for sure. I'm still relatively new to modding in general (started in November) and I have clocked 120 hours. Less than 20 have been spent on any one character, and I have only recently started a truly stable playthrough. I have used MO since I began at the expense of playing time to set everything up (MO is confusing for newbies!) so thankfully I have only had to nuke my game once when MO and ENB started fighting and causing CTD, and I couldn't figure out what in the Skyrim folder was Skyrim and what was ENB. So yeah. Nuked it.

Yep. I've redone my Skyrim install about 3 times I think because I just wanted a clean slate after getting fed up with crashes. Even now there are a few crash problems that really grind my gears but I've held off from starting over again. The stability of this game really does get to me sometimes.

I sometimes crash on load screens when i'm on my laptop and i have to turn off my laptop to remedy it >.< it drives me insane sometimes, esp since my laptop takes 5+ mins to boot

And ya ive nuked my skyrim many many many times only to re-dl it the next day

Nuking Skyrim??? - of course..did it few times when it started to CTD or freeze without any reason. Actually, there is always a reason but not from me as the source. last three days I was tempting to do it again, but some angel near me constantly saying- "Don't give him the reason...you'll regret later..." So I keeping trying to find solution andit looks like I'm n the good path. :)

Not nuked the whole game per se, but i have definately nuked my loadorder, many a mod, and walked away from the game for long periods of time out of pure frustration and annoyance. I'd suspect everyone has at points.

I did the same things with previous Bethsoft games, because they were no better, worse infact, and sadly, i don't expect it'll be any different with their future games either.

When i do play, i also save like a mofo, all the bloody time (enough so that i have to cull my save folder before every game-launch), because even though i've got the game running supricingly stable right now, there will always be those random out of the blue crashes, and nothing's more frustrating than getting set back who knows how much playtime because of a crash <_<

Yes.  Many times.

On my fifteenth/sixteenth, I got so fed up I quit for a while.  Then I came back, moved to MO, and have not had any problems concerning blowing up the whole game/install since.

I's why I recommend MO to newbies.  Yes, it's harder and has more initial investment, but the amount of frustration it will save long-term makes it 100% worthwhile.

Installed at the launch of the game, never nuked and reinstalled after. This is actually the sole and only install of this game i've ever done and it's actually functionnal. Ok it happens that this pile of shit crash, but, well, i prefer to move on ...

Don't think in all my years that i've ever raged or even considered nuking my Skyrim or MO o_o

I don't understand how CTDs make people rage because they have installed more than their computer can handle, or installed a mod that isn't compatible with another, or installed a bad mod that is  known for CTDing randomly oo I mean fixing the CTDs are usually easy if you start checking all the mods that has an esp and you are unsure about ^^'

But no, i have never experienced anything close to that, and i do find it surprising when i hear it happens.

I can't say I've ever nuked my Skyrim or my MO profile. The only time I ever reinstalled Skyrim was when I moved it from Program Files to C: Games when I'd just started modding. By the same token I've never deleted my entire MO folder. The beauty of MO is, if something's broken it's usually fixed by shuffling either the mod list or load order a bit, or just uninstalling a mod... unless it's a skyproc issue or a problem with HDT or something. There's no need to rage-delete everything.

I've had my nerd rage moments. I don't think you can learn to mod and NOT have them. I've even had a couple of NOOOOOO!! moments when a mod broke catastrophically or one of my level 35+ saves suddenly decided it wanted to CTD no matter how I tried to load it. But to slash and burn your entire game because of it? No way. I've got WAY too much invested in my Skyrim experience to ever do that. You're better off punching a wall and shutting down for a week or more to cool your head.

Don't think in all my years that i've ever raged or even considered nuking my Skyrim or MO o_o

I don't understand how CTDs make people rage because they have installed more than their computer can handle, or installed a mod that isn't compatible with another, or installed a bad mod that is  known for CTDing randomly oo I mean fixing the CTDs are usually easy if you start checking all the mods that has an esp and you are unsure about ^^'

But no, i have never experienced anything close to that, and i do find it surprising when i hear it happens.

lol

Try telling that to myself when i first starting modding >.< i just got anything and everything i could. Had no idea of load order or even compatibility...took aaaaaaaaaaages before i found stuff like LOOT

lol

Try telling that to myself when i first starting modding >.< i just got anything and everything i could. Had no idea of load order or even compatibility...took aaaaaaaaaaages before i found stuff like LOOT

Basically.  I also started on manual installs, and didn't create backups often enough.  It led to a lot of individual file overwrites, file fragments, non-existent dependencies, and mismatched mod files all over the place.  Over time, it got better as I got more familiar with NMM and generally how things worked, but I hit a brick wall in my last iteration of using NMM (CTD from nowhere, re-installed all mods and their dependencies/SKSE/etc., in proper order, ran BOSS and LOOT and cross-examined load order, and nothing).  Spent what was probably a good fifty hours troubleshooting those problems before just nuking the whole damn game.  Worked just fine when using MO after.  Might have been an issue with the game itself.  Dunno :P

Either way, the troubleshooting options in MO are awesome with the conflicts system and mods not overwriting each other.  Lets things end up much, much cleaner in the end.

Once, a long time ago back when I was a lot less knowledgeable about modding Skyrim and had no real understanding of what removing mods (especially scripted ones) would do to a savegame. Now though I am able to work out most issues I come across, or at least make a fix myself in the CK.

lol

Haha yeah i know xd But in this case i think op mentioned he used MO, which was mostly what i meant xD

But yeah in the beginning OR for people who still hasn't switched to MO i guess it's stiill a legit problem >_<

Skyrim will ctd and freeze even with no mods what so ever. There are just too many bugs and glitches for it not to. You consider 3 DLC's that were released with over 1000 dirty edits combined and you think the Game itself won't have any? It does not take one single mod of any kind or ENB to get Skyrim to crash and or Freeze. even without the downloaded texture packs it shits all over itself. My Skyrim ctd's occasionally and when it freezes not even ctrl-alt-del will work, in fact ctrl-alt-del won't even bring up the task mgr. it is a hard freeze that can only be remedied by resetting the computer or power cycling(turn off power then turn back on). anyone that says they have no problems with skyrim aren't playing skyrim.

get a program called super f4 from nexus. kills skyrim everytime

or if your screen is screwed up by skyrim, memorize a combination for swithcing the user, like "win button, up, up, enter, enter" (depending on your start menu). that'll take you to user selection without closing any programs and display restored, you log back in and close skyrim

I have not nuked a Bethesda Game since 2009, mostly because I started using Wrye Bash/BAIN.

I have come very close to reinstalls when I had Hardware Failure due to an old but seemingly good Monitor. I also had a graphics problem caused by a Beta of the hdt Physics Extension fighting with ENBoost.

Maybe back in the Oblivion modding days...Oblivion is considerably less stable when it comes to large LOs.

My Skyrim has a pretty high up-time with very little down. I'm quite pleased my 166 LO is very stable, and I suppose that came with pre-planning the mods I wanted and what it was that I wanted to achieve in game.

Prior to downloading any mod, I decided what character I wanted to play and what I wanted to do. I check the recent upload mods for any new ones that interested me and see if my planned character would match, and then from there I downloaded the appropriate mods: Graphic enhancing mods first, SkyRe second, race and beauty mods third, and finally complimentary mods to my chosen play style.

I then ran a test character to ensure everything was stable, and after confirming how stable it was, I then went through my LO and tried to reduce the bulk of any unnecessary mods that I might have thought were good prior to installation.

Since then the only downtime I have experienced was either from my own fault, a small hiccup in Skyrim (very rare occasions, those.), or if an update to a mod didn't want to play nice with another mod (which was my most recent experience).

While I still get bugs in my game from time to time, none of them actually crash the game, they are more just mild annoyances that most of the time are short, so I can easily deal with them.

P.S.

my Oblivion "nuking" was almost never done in rage. Just back then, it was sometimes easier to nuke to start fresh to clear out any persistent bugs.

I've nuked my Skyrim twice for the same reason:  constant CTD's.  I considered myself officially done after the second time.  The only remnants are some character screenshots.

If your computer was crappy enough, you would have a change of tune.

My laptop that i used for years was. I had to play with hialgo, all the mods that makes textures potatoes and so on and the only enb i could barely run was reallike enb. My game was still stable because i knew which mods my computer could handle and couldn't :P Etc open cities and convenient horses would crash me rather often on fast travel or saving.

I only began playing on my boyfriends pc about a month ago.

Looks like your laptop was still better than mine. My CPU is too slow to make HialgoBoost all that useful. I can't use any ENB's either. I'd be fortunate if my FPS was more than 5 with one installed.

When I was in the market to buy a new computer several years ago, I should have just bought a desktop in the first place. I was more of a console gamer then and didn't feel I needed a more powerful PC. But now with only my laptop left, I've regretted making that mistake ever since.

It's not about who has the best or who has the worst, it's about knowing your limit :b Plus i would drop to 5 fps occasionally, but no that would not crash me because at least i made sure that my mods was nothing harsh on my laptop c:

I use to be crazy loose with mods and nuke Skyrim like, every month but now I have a nice ICBM free Skyrim load. I do however back up Skyrim onto my second hard drive before I install a mod that could induce Skyrim Nuke Fever, just to be safe. 

I reinstalled Skyrim just today. Started to rebuild my mods. With a new perspective, less mods, less maintenance, three times more fun. And guess what? I still crash! Why do this to myself? Why do I keep torturing myself like this? *sobs*

I reinstalled Skyrim just today. Started to rebuild my mods. With a new perspective, less mods, less maintenance, three times more fun. And guess what? I still crash! Why do this to myself? Why do I keep torturing myself like this? *sobs*

Thats rough >.< have you tried with 0 mods? If it stil happens then at least you know its probably not the mods :3