What is the difference between BBP, TBBP and HDT

Antonio121989

I saw some tutorials and explanations but until now I don't understand what is the difference. I know it has something to do breasts bouncing, but seems that both make it.

I also have other questions. I use Body Slide 2 to make the body, until now I selected in the outfit/body tab the option "CBBE Body HDT", used te slides until I like the preview and clicked in build. Until now the brests are bouncing in walk, ruining and jumping. I would like to know that if I put a mod that increases the belly node, as a pregnancy mod, will it work or I need the Pregancy Scale Body (http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/511-psb-pregnancy-scaling-body-for-bodyslide2/) or the HDT body (http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/658-hdt-body/)?

If I need to use, can anyone tell me what to do? Because last time I tried to install "HDT body", I got a bug, a purple cristal in the vagina. It is possible, I am not sure, that when I made that body I also clicked in "Batch Build" in the body slide. I say that because there was a time in what I clicked in batch build again, this time using another body, and the purple vagina bug appeared again, Then I noticed that among the outfit/body tab there was a RVagFullWeightTest, that also appeared in the batch build option and when cliking the the preview, the vagina has no textures. After that I was afraid to try again by my own, because I passed an entire day tring to uncover what mod did that bug (I didn't had installed any mods recently, and only noticed the bug far after installed HDT Body).

If i'm right, BBP and TBBP are breast and butt bouncing animations. That mean that the body always bounce the same way but also that it should be a bit lighter on the CPU. only difference between bbp and tbbp is how bouncy it is. TBBP looks like anime girl with jelly boobs. BBP are for firmer boobs.

HDT is "real" physics. The movement of the body are calculated instead of preset. More realistic and the body doesn't stop bouncing if you stop the animation (when you run then suddenly stop, the body still jiggle for a few second before settling). But, since there is calculation behind this, it's a bit harder on your computer and it can more easily cause slight visual problems (boobs or butts extending a few meters aways or even visual glitches).

All in all, BBP/TBBP is only animation and HDT is more realistic.

If i'm right, HDT can override BBP/TBBP (On CBBE if you use the outfit studio meaning you can use HDT on BBP bodies) but BBP can't Override HDT (harder to convert HDT body to a BBP body)

If i made any mistakes please correct me, but that's how i understood it.

BBP and TBBP are animation engine based breast movement = same breast movement over and over

HDT PE AND SMP are physics engine based breast movement = breast movement differs, depending on movement of the actor

BBP and TBBP differs just that TBBP uses 4 Breast bones, BBP only 2, both have 2 but bones.

CBBE differences are based on the skinning, CBBE BBP is the sloppy first one, TBBP is the better still sloppy second one, HDT is the well done latest one.

Don't use HDT Body by blabba, it is old and obsolete because everything is already transfered to CBBE-HDT.

As for the problem with the purple crystal in the vagina part, it has indeed something to do with the batch build (i'm not going to try to explain it since i'll probably explain it wrong), but basically what it means is that u got a body that misses the textures on the vagina part (u got probably a body in the batch build that has a realistic vagina or something)

So u can batch build it and then simply build the normal body again and thus overwriting the changed body from the batch build. (or u can manually disable a lot of options in the batch build list, but the method i just explained is a lot faster)

As for the BBP/TBBP/HDT part...above posters explained it already pretty good.

HDT is "real" physics. The movement of the body are calculated instead of preset. More realistic and the body doesn't stop bouncing if you stop the animation (when you run then suddenly stop, the body still jiggle for a few second before settling). But, since there is calculation behind this, it's a bit harder on your computer and it can more easily cause slight visual problems (boobs or butts extending a few meters aways or even visual glitches).

These problem have more to do with people unable to install a skeleton mod properly or using screwed up xmls files which are older than their grandmas together.

These problem have more to do with people unable to install a skeleton mod properly or using screwed up xmls files which are older than their grandmas together.

ok, I guess i'll have to reinstall my skeleton then. It happen from time to time and since i saw it in some other videos i assumed it could happen.

If you have Bodyslide 2, use the CBBE HDT body and you will have everything you need out of the box.

To make it clear, the one available from Bodyslide 2, you don't need to download anything else.

Are you sure, because with clothes, even clothes that show the belly, the belly grow, but when you remove them, the belly is normal. Is it the body?

That race probably comes with its own body mesh, you will have to manually replace the body mesh that comes with that mod with the one generated by Bodyslide.

(tbh I see very few reasons to use a custom race in Skyrim, the current version of Racemenu gives you insane customizabilty and avoids all the incompatibility issues custom races have)

What are your preferred Clothing/Armor replacers for CBBE HDT?

are there any devious device conversions for HDT bodies?

yes (at least if you use bodyslide, don't know if there are any premade):

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1747-ddddx-bodyslide-22d-cbbe-hdt-body-updated-20150228/

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1236-devious-devices-devious-expansion-for-bodyslide2-hdt-preg-by-rustyxxl/

I'm not sure if both are required to cover all items.

Let me clear this up with the correct answer:

BBP: Breast Butt Physics = Bouncing Breasts

TBBP: Tender Breast Butt Physics = Bouncing Breast and Butts 

TPSB: Tender Pregnant Scaled Body = Bouncing Breast and Butts with Belly Scaling

HDT: HDT = Body that uses Ragdoll Physics instead of animations for Bouncing Breasts,Butts, and Belly Scaling

To be clear BBP is the Skyrim successor to Oblivion's BBB (Better Bouncing Boobs).  I was one of the original BBB team members who spent thousands of hours converting Oblivion.  BBP was first introduced by CherryHotaling in CHSBHC - BBP - Nude and Jiggly Mod.  BBP adds NPC L Breast and NPC R Breast bones.  TBBP was then introduced by dragonfly who also wrote the TBBP animations.  TBBP is a heavily miss used term and a lot of mods claim to use it but do NOT.  LSAR TBBP for example is NOT TBBP as it has no butt physics.  But the breast were converted using a TBBP body.  TBBP uses four breast bones: NPC L Breast & NPC R Breast bones and NPC L Breast01 & NPC R Breast01.  TPSB adds the belly bone but deactivates the additional TBBP breast bones. B3Lisario created the first pregnancy scaling body for Estrus Charus: b3lisario's UNPB BBP Pregnant Body. The term TPSB was coined by Blabba who went on to create HDT bodies and is now working on CITRUS bodies. HDT was created by HydrogensaysHDT and the Arrow and Knee mod team.  HDT uses ragdoll physics instead of animations to make thing go bounce, bump, and jiggle.  HDT bodies are the future of Skyrim and are now starting to include functional physics vaginas. SOS Schlongs of Skyrim by B3Lisario is the only functional physics penis mod.

Now that you have had the best HDT history lesson on the internet, part two of this discussion is if you don't have a lot of time to thoroughly read, learn, and try to understand HDT stay away from it.  It is advanced modding. If people don't learn to actually read instructions Groovtama will have a stroke and the rest of use will no longer be able to get good skeleton updates.  You are going to have to experiment and suffer like the rest of us to get HDT working the way it should.  That is life.  Sacremas has a very good Skyrim Modding Guide.  Make sure your game is right before you mess with HDT.  Also, when you get spams from HDT it's not uncommon.  You will get them.  It's ok.  We have counseling and support groups here on Lover's Lab for HDT spams. When your HDT vagina spasms just drink a cold latte and I promise it will all be ok. When you get frustrated and seriously consider throwing your computer down an elevator shaft remember it's just a game.

...If people don't learn to actually read instructions...

...You are going to have to experiment and suffer like the rest of us to get HDT working the way it should. 

HDT in a nutshell, lol. but it's not really that bad.

when in doubt, just grab groovetama's skeleton(if in extreme doubt, select NONE for EVERYTHING during installation, and use the pre-selected skeleton rig map) , grab and build the HDT variant of the latest cbbe body(3.4b as of now), and you should have finished half the work.

the next half would be to make sure you get the proper .xml file.

for that you can refer to daemonic's thread, which should be more than enough to get you started.

Thanks for the history lesson :3 Didn't know BBP/TBBP were animation based.

Reading and patience when moding and testing one thing at time.

I would add : skeleton files being replaced by another mod. No need to look far - sos did that for me. XMPSE might be a pre requirement but it should be installed last. (this might not be true for some mods but you need to be sure about them)

HDT is quite a minefield

BBP: Better Body (B)reast and (B)utt (P)hysics = Bouncing Breasts and Butts (Butt skinning was just a bit buggy)

TBBP: (T)ender Better Body (B)reast and (B)utt (P)hysics = Bouncing Breast and Butts (More breast nodes)

TPSB: Tender Pregnant Scaled Body = Bouncing Breast and Butts with Belly Scaling

HDT: Havoc HDT Physics Extention = Physics Body that uses Bouncing Breast and Butts with Belly Scaling Basically any body that doesn't get fucked up on use with XPMSE2, because most bodies got skinned to XPMS to that time and had fucked up skinning, There are also HDT bodies who don't have belly skinning^^

Just some small correction of mine...^^

• 1 month later...

Mmmm Current actuate info on bodys is always so hard to find. I mean how do you google UNPB TPSB with out already knowing thats what you want.

I have felt for some time when I have a year off I should read all of Goovtama's posts but now it looks like I got to read uglykidcid's too.

Thank you both for all the work and for these posts.

Archived