[REQ] Dark Souls II - Faraam Armor Set -

Okay, it's been almost one whole year and some months since the game came out and i've seen many tries of creating the Faraam Armor set from Dark Souls II, to Skyrim. Truth is, i really admire people on working on these projects, sharing with us their work, but i was hoping, is there anyone here who can take the challenge and create exactly this armor set? I bet it's going to be very sick on Skyrim, and of course i will support the modder, the work is not gonna just pass by. Actually, if i had the skills and the passion of making mods, i would definitely share everything i could do, but i'm just your random weak guy, hoping for someone worthy and skilful to hold the torch on that road. 

I hope this will be noticed by you, awesome modders. Thank you for your time. 

EDIT : Making an edit so the file along with the picture is here on the first comment. 

EDIT 2 : My bad and i am shamed about it, forgot to put on the first edit that this project was by XiNAVRO's Conversions. On my comments down you will see me talking about him, but it wouldn't mind to put it on the first comment here, just to let everyone from now on to know where i took these files. I am still hoping someone could finish this job, it is so good to be left out now. 

You both are right, that's true, there is the one on steam workshop, and it's a little old, but i don't know, it's cool on it's own way, tested it and working, but it's just doesn't give the right feel on the real faraam armor set. And now, let's be honest, there are tons of millions of mods which look 100% the same from their original games, hell, thanks to XinAVRO we had the chance on getting the Dark Souls 1 Elite Knight set, which believe me, it was perfectly, godlike, awesome. That's why on my post i'm asking who is up for that challenge? I think this armor is the only armor i'm waiting and wanting so much, lol...now that i'm thinking about it, i wanted it before the main game was been released. XD 

There's actually a faraam model in Gmod's steam workshop and it's 100% accurate since it's ripped straight from the game.

Now you just have to find someone who knows how to port a gmod model to Skyrim.

Really? Someone extracted it already? That's great news! But yeah, the hardest part is to find someone who can actually port it to Skyrim. :/ 

EDIT : Turns out that someone, was no one else than the awesome past modder XiNAVRO, his work was always the best and left most of us speechless. I found the textures of the Faraam Armor Set. I do hope someone would be able to make it happen. Here is the textures. 

Also : That's how it would look on Skyrim, i think this pic is also from Xin's photos. Because it's in Skyrim, as a test i presume. 

http://static-4.nexusmods.com/15/images/110/852190-1417891673.jpg

Wait, there's an obj file in it. the darn thing that you're uploaded are actually the whole thing dude. so it's not just the textures. Am i right?

I assume this is the textures made by FromSof themselves? Ain't half bad. It's definitely better than vanilla Skyrim textures.

Seriously, someone really needs to get this ported to Skyrim. I want to replace the textures with a 4k ones sooooooo baaaaaaaddd.

LoL, i checked it, well, they have the same form as the dds files which they are located on textures folders.  Like ".dds" yeah, this work, isn't mine, as i said, this was XiNAVRO's conversion, unfortunetly, i don't know and i cannot understand the modding process, so i can't really make it happen, else believe me, my friend, i wouldn't hesitate to make it and share it with everyone. Now that the real modder-creator of this project is not here with us, anymore...someone may be able to finish his work. Please, i beg every modder here, is there anyone who can actually port these .dds textures with a mesh on Skyrim? 

As i said before, these are nice tries, i had them, used them, thanked the creator, and being happy with these, but they are totally different on what i am posting, unfortunetly, also, if you take a good look on the image i posted on one of my comments, you will see which version is better. Not to brag about it, but i think Xin's version is literally 100% more accurate and better. :) 

Considering it was ripped from the game, there aint a chance in hell someone's going to convert it publicly. Copyright and all that.

We aren't in the nexus my friend. In here, we can mostly go nuts about putting ripped content in our game here. Do you know how many mods that contains ripped content here? Shitton of 'em. 

This is one of the reason why Nexus hates us.

But hey, even if we're not allowed to port it here for some reason, we still got steam workshop, the save haven for ripped content. No worries.

Considering it was ripped from the game, there aint a chance in hell someone's going to convert it publicly. Copyright and all that.

We aren't in the nexus my friend. In here, we can mostly go nuts about putting ripped content in our game here. Do you know how many mods that contains ripped content here? Shitton of 'em. 

But hey, even if we're not allowed to port it here for some reason, we still got steam workshop, the save haven for ripped content. No worries.

Also, true that, i mean, come on. There so many ripped models to Skyrim, it will be very funny and naive to judge this mod. And i already uploaded the textures .dds files along with the obj file, is there someone who can finish this beautiful work? 

Also, true that, i mean, come on. There so many ripped models to Skyrim, it will be very funny and naive to judge this mod. And i already uploaded the textures .dds files along with the obj file, is there someone who can finish this beautiful work? 

How 'bout trying to get this noticed in the workshop? Just tell 'em you have the model and looking for a willing porter.

Xinavro return your conversions dark souls are beautiful , please.

^ Dat. Although, i don't think XiNAVRO is really giving a rat's ass after everything that happened. He said it officially that he will not continue making mods to share anymore, because there was an asshole who were stealing his work and posting it on Steam Workshop. It is very sad that we won't ever see XiNAVRO's conversions again. 

• 2 weeks later...

Currently working on porting one someone rigged up for SFM, trying to get an answer as to whether I can add HDT to the robe parts and how I do that before I go any further though.

Awesome man! Thank you for working on this project. Well, i'm not so deep to HDTs, but if you really want to do that, then you're the creator here, so it's your call only. If you like, you can use the textures i already uploaded here from Xin's work, they may help you a lot, i guess? Anyways, thank you again for tooking your time to make this wild dream of Dark Souls II a reality!! :D

Currently working on porting one someone rigged up for SFM, trying to get an answer as to whether I can add HDT to the robe parts and how I do that before I go any further though.

Awesome man! Thank you for working on this project. Well, i'm not so deep to HDTs, but if you really want to do that, then you're the creator here, so it's your call only. If you like, you can use the textures i already uploaded here from Xin's work, they may help you a lot, i guess? Anyways, thank you again for tooking your time to make this wild dream of Dark Souls II a reality!! :D

Oh Trusty alread working on it? nice :D

ill monitor this incase 

Just one mesh for both atm, might do one with a slightly roomier chest and wider hips for the female if I feel like it. Pretty sure DaS2 uses one mesh for both male and female for this though too, the armor would compress the breasts anyways and vanilla skyrim females aren't exactly stacked.

Just one mesh for both atm, might do one with a slightly roomier chest and wider hips for the female if I feel like it. Pretty sure DaS2 uses one mesh for both male and female for this though too, the armor would compress the breasts anyways and vanilla skyrim females aren't exactly stacked.

I am so happy right now, there's still hope, thank you very much! Thank you for making that wild dream a reality, take your time, do everything you want, after all every modder has to have the most of time and relaxation to do something so hard as this. But i hope i helped you a little with Xin's work, it wasn't easy to find. Also, both male and female? Dude, you're gonna put a fire on all of us! XD hahaha! That's way awesome! I litterally can't wait, seems so long since we dared to dream about the real Faraam Set to come to Skyrim, and now it will come! lol. Well, i don't want to bother all of you with long posts and comments, have a nice time, i'll be checking this post here frequently as i used to, and if there's anything i can do to help you, just let me know. 

Archived