Armor set guaranteed to cause CTD everytime! please help

I have these files for an armor set that I want to use for the slave traders in the PSE mod but they all crash the game as soon as I try them. At first the slave traders were having trouble spawning then they would show up wearing leveled armor instead of the new armor. When I replace the mesh files with default leather armor mesh files the problem goes away. I made a backup copy before this though but man it is annoying I have no idea why the files crash the game.

I got the top and bottom from the alir armor? there the bbb versions

I had to dig and scrape and fight my way through clothing converter by gerra6 to get the boots and gauntlets just right because those two meshes come from speedbuster files:-(

At first while I was testing one at a time I suspected it was just the speedbuster files but nope all of them cause CTD guaranteed!

Can someone in the know about mesh files take a look at this things? I didn't include the texture files since they seem to work fine on other stuff.

slaver1.rar

I added the top and pants to my chest and tried it and never crashed though it did appear invisible when worn but that is because of not having the textures for the outfit. I checked the NiMaterialProperty and those were named the only thing I can think of is that the texture path is incorrect and needs to be the same as the path in nifskope the tops path is textures\armor\slaver1\arbtop.dds so I would do like gregathit stated and check the texture paths in the nifs and make sure they match the paths in the nif.

post-25667-0-32220700-1426032202_thumb.jpg

Yes meshes seems ok

I tested in game ( but after I update Tangent Spaces and remove Bogus Nodes in NifSkope. But think you meshes also works.)

post-3205-0-65137600-1426036798_thumb.jpg in game and inventory with quick made textures for testing. No Crash.

Here my cleaned meshes, and the ground mesh was set as static so if you drop it it hangs in the air. Fixed = now it is set as clutter and drops to the floor.

Old file delete

slaver1 fixed fejeena.7z new with the fixed Boots from post 8

Your crashes..? missing textures or wrong Settings

Pants must have

textures in folders

textures\armor\slaver1\arbpants.dds

textures\armor\slaver1\arbpants_n.dds

And in the esp ,Setting "Biped flags" lowerbody  (lowerbody Slot)

Top must have

textures\armor\slaver1\arbtop.dds

textures\armor\slaver1\arbtop_n.dds

And Setting "Biped flags" upperbody  (upperbody Slot)

I have these files for an armor set that I want to use for the slave traders in the PSE mod but they all crash the game as soon as I try them. At first the slave traders were having trouble spawning then they would show up wearing leveled armor instead of the new armor. When I replace the mesh files with default leather armor mesh files the problem goes away. I made a backup copy before this though but man it is annoying I have no idea why the files crash the game.

I got the top and bottom from the alir armor? there the bbb versions

I had to dig and scrape and fight my way through clothing converter by gerra6 to get the boots and gauntlets just right because those two meshes come from speedbuster files:-(

At first while I was testing one at a time I suspected it was just the speedbuster files but nope all of them cause CTD guaranteed!

Can someone in the know about mesh files take a look at this things? I didn't include the texture files since they seem to work fine on other stuff.

Greetings.

Hi there are two missing bones in these boots... that's probably why your game crash.

It's too late in my country for this night to test your meshes , but i'm quiet sure these boots cannot work without adding first the right missing  bones.

It easy : check your model i copy /paste ( Warning here you must simply " Copy" and not cvopy Branch ... !!!)  the 2 missing bones ... you will found them easyly in the " detail bloc" .

See this screenshot . Cheers.

PS : sorry but i must stand up early next morning , so the bones just need to be named correctly , you can write manually the correct name , or better , simply copy/past the correct name from a working boots model . that's all . Bye

PPS ... i didn't run Mesh Rigger as Fejeena , but i only added your 2 missing bones ... rename this nif correctly and try it , if it still cause a CTD , just reverse the nanme 34 and 35 ( so you just need to type the Number , nothing else , 34 ---> 35 and vice -versa.

post-239275-0-13659000-1426037542_thumb.jpg

boots added two miissing bones So rename correctly this nif.nif

Missed the Boots.

Problem there are only 6 bones in the mesh and if you add Bip01 R Thigh and Bip01 L Thigh the boots stretch in game.

So I run Mesh rigger and fix it

here the fixed Boots ( tested in game)

boots.nif

Shit the glovers I have not tested in game, but seems all fine in NifSkope, no missings bones.

EDIT: Hand/gloves tested in game, no Problems all fine.

Dam! you are awesome thanks:-)

Here is some stuff I did in my pse, thanks to fienyx pse became much more interesting after changing the major shady characters in this mod to female. I changed pellham to female and some of those npc at the camp too. Also I added the ichgagother spell to all slave traders so if you escape on the road they might just fling that spell at you. I changed them to stay at level 20 instead of leveling with the player so they would always wear the same custom armor. I slowed their speed down a bit so they would have more time to try and sell the player on the roads and in towns instead of just going to the camp. Their speed is between 40 to 50 now instead of 70 or 80 but that ichgagother spell should make up for it:-)

Well gerra6 warned me about using speedbuster meshes and now I see why, no matter what I do the gloves and boots look really messed up the gloves are floating far away somewhere or invisible even though the texture paths are correct and the boots have problems with the straps and buckles stretching to infinity. I think the only person that can get speedbuster stuff converted and working is speedbuster.  Gonna do some more tests with what you guys posted here.

post-3205-0-14317300-1426050912_thumb.jpg all the meshes in my game. gloves, boots, Top, pants

No Floating no stretching.

The meshes from my slaver1 fejeena.7z and the fixed boots mesh i uploaded one post later.

Now all meshes in the the slaver1 fixed fejeena.7z in post 5. All tested in game.

I checked that my skeleton and skeleton beast nif files are from lapf and the are but I copied them over from lapf install files anyway just to be sure in case of corrupted files or whatever. Still this glitch is happening but only with these gloves and boots. I went back and got some other gloves from speedbuster files like ribbon girl gloves or the gloves from one of his nurse mods same thing happened.

If it was an error with the esp then even default gloves and boots would do this but that doesn't happen with default files. I had setup some boots from the apachii heros store mod for the male slave version of pse mod ankle cuffs and there were some buckles on those apachii boots that were floating around so I deleted the buckles and everything was fine after that.

My only guess is there is some animations in my game for idle and walking combat stance etc that are causing this. Gonna go through my animations files and see what is going on with those. If anyone reading this has seen glitches like this before please post here thanks.

Well gerra6 warned me about using speedbuster meshes and now I see why, no matter what I do the gloves and boots look really messed up the gloves are floating far away somewhere or invisible even though the texture paths are correct and the boots have problems with the straps and buckles stretching to infinity. I think the only person that can get speedbuster stuff converted and working is speedbuster.  Gonna do some more tests with what you guys posted here.

Hi there.

..." I think the only person that can get speedbuster stuff converted and working is speedbuster.... "

That's not true. Even if we are not ( by " we" i mean members of my family and me of course ) fan of Round parts or Big boobs , i have a real respect for this person ... a very unusual modder .

Speedbuster knowd a " little" about modding , maybe not so much as " Master Growlf " or others , but her mods are very well done . 

I 've already converted some Speedbuster 's meshes without particular problem.

But , sometime ( and not only with SpeedBuster's meshes) , some meshes are not set to " Zero " ; usually , when you tweak a mesh , you need/must to " Apply" your modifications ( right-clic  ---> Transform ---> Apply ... and it's a good thing to repeat this command twice or even more ...) but not always .

In some cases it's better to not " Apply" your modifications or you will probably get issues ,

So first thing to check is if a partivcular mesh is already set to " Zero" ( " Zero" when you Edit your mesh  by a right-clic ---> Transform ---> Edit : the 3 axes X,Y; Z are usually set to "0 / zero " after you Apply " your modifications.

Sometime , a mesh doesn't  " like " to be " Rescaled " ( right-clic ---> Transform ---> Scale Vertices ( Echelle des Sommets in French ) )... especially on the " Z " axe and when done , they will be displayed correctly in NifSkope but in game ...

Example ( and sorry KingKong to use one of your mesh as an example but i have no other on this machine with this problem ...) : In the HGEc KinKong's mod there is one pair of boots you cannot " tweak" ... these ones are not set to Zero ( and don't use a RealHighHeels system )  and if you try to rescale them to fit another lower , they will look good in an interior but not in the exterior  (Tamriel ) in 3rd person view of course ... so i will not be able to use these boots with another lower body ... i 'll check this "issue" later .

So that's just to tell you  you cannot always " tweak " what you want only with NifSkope ; or maybe i'm not skilled enough with this great tool , that's possible too ... ;°) 

So i will check your meshes in game and take some screenshots too , but i don't have your mod ; so i will use a red texture for this purpose ...

Cheers.

I use LAPF Skeleton, NoMaaM_BBB_Animation_Replacer and the NoMaaM_Breathing_Idles. ( and sometimes other BBB idle animations )

The meshes from  slaver1 fixed fejeena.7z are messed up in your game ?

I used the  Speed Buster Hentai_Compilation Mod in my last Installation and never had Problems with the armor and clothes ( and I try on most of it )

If you use Transform ---> Apply in NifSkope with any weighted mesh ( mesh with bones = armor, clothes, Body) you get a warning, because the weighting is messed up. And the mesh will strech in game !!!

You must weight it again with MeshRigger (or Blender)

Yes if you weight a mesh with MeshRigger it should be set to 0 ( all 3 axes X,Y; Z = 0 ) If it is not Zero MeshRigger does not work or the result is shit.

First Transform ---> Apply in NifSkope then weight with Mesh Rigger.

Ok I just tried some other glove from a totally different mod called blo for hgec and those gloves worked so I wonder why? I checked the first speedbuster gloves I posted here in this thread and looked at the bones assigned to the gloves and of course there are no finger bones assigned lol. So thats why those things go all over the place they have no bones assigned.

EDIT

My bad they are assigned I was looking at the wrong mesh in the file for some reason, kinda tired lol. Gonna take a break from trying to fix this and come back to it in an hour.

Hi there.

Well , absolutly no problem with these meshes .... i don't have your mod , so i put a red texture on these meshes .. and i used the boots i corrected yesterday , so the correction was ... correct too ! ... ;°) 

just one thing ; in first person view , i'm not able to see the hands ( gloves ) ; i think that's just bcause this mesh is not named correctly .. i will check that point.

Skeleton used in game ; the one recommanded by Samhain6 : Killermonkey99 's Growlf adapted Skeleton.

Cheers.

post-239275-0-71588700-1426109782_thumb.jpg

post-239275-0-51062400-1426109789_thumb.jpg

post-239275-0-62588500-1426109794_thumb.jpg

If you use Transform ---> Apply in NifSkope with any weighted mesh ( mesh with bones = armor, clothes, Body) you get a warning, because the weighting is messed up. And the mesh will strech in game !!!

You must weight it again with MeshRigger (or Blender)

Yes if you weight a mesh with MeshRigger it should be set to 0 ( all 3 axes X,Y; Z = 0 ) If it is not Zero MeshRigger does not work or the result is shit.

First Transform ---> Apply in NifSkope then weight with Mesh Rigger.

Hi Fejjeena.

i 'm really glad you are here on LL ...

I don't understand your post : Yes and sure i always got a warning when i apply my modifications on a weighted meshes ... but without any problem in game , mine work perfectly after a modification ( or after i rescaled some of them ... i don't like " big foot " as the SPB model used here , so when it's possible i often rescale the "Y" axe of some shoes or boots and of course i re-ajust these meshes to fit my lower and " Apply" my modifications .

But sometime i cannot ( that's the case with one of KingKong's boots  model  )  .

So i will send you in a PM  ( because this is out of this topic ) this KingKong's boots mesh : take a look at them with NifSkope and try to adjust them to another lower body ( not a HGEC one of course  , something that don't match/fit the HGEC feet ) ... apply or not the modification - thayt's your problem - and try them in game : in a interior they probably look like as expected ... yes , so now go outside the Imperial City at look at them in the 3rd person and what ? They are probably " mysalligned " yes ? ( elles ne seront probablement plus allignées in french ) .

Well ; Mesh Rigger ... i never used this tool , because the only one time i wanted to usse it , you did the " conversion" i wanted ... that's was for the lower GBEC body , so i never found another reason to use this " Mesh Rigger" , i have no problem wit my meshes.... :°)

Cheers.

Sometimes Transform ---> Apply works without Problems in game but most times the nif is totally out of place. (float near or far away from the Body ot is stretched) ! only nif with bones ! No Problem with other nif's.

Make foot/boots meshes fit to other Lower bodies I use Seam Mender. And boots without visible Skin (part of the leg) fit to all lower bodies.

Reason for Mesh Rigger : I can not use Blender ! And with Mesh Rigger i and add/weight objects as clothes ( e.g. Teddies)

or make no-BBB clothes BBB. or bad weighted BBB clothes ( only Op1 bones, or low Bouncing) better.

I wonder if it is a skeleton problem? I discovered I put that high heels pluggy file into my game but there is no esp for it. I think it was a later version of that high heels file only found in some message board the file is called vipcxj_plugin_collection made 2 2 2011. Can this file do anything without an esp?

I took it out and still have the same problem. I changed to the universal skeleton and have the same problem. I went to the speedbuster files I have and got the gloves again from his hunter outfit and assigned textures again blah blah, same problem. This is weird I don't know what is going on but if speedbuster was using some private skeleton with special bones that might be it? But then it wouldn't work for you guys either, fejeena what skeleton are you using?

Sometimes Transform ---> Apply works without Problems in game but most times the nif is totally out of place. (float near or far away from the Body ot is stretched) ! only nif with bones ! No Problem with other nif's.

Make foot/boots meshes fit to other Lower bodies I use Seam Mender. And boots without visible Skin (part of the leg) fit to all lower bodies.

Reason for Mesh Rigger : I can not use Blender ! And with Mesh Rigger i and add/weight objects as clothes ( e.g. Teddies)

or make no-BBB clothes BBB. or bad weighted BBB clothes ( only Op1 bones, or low Bouncing) better.

Sorry Fejeena , but i only move , resize meshes with bones ---> Apply ( + Warning message) and ok ... if the meshe is moved by this " Apply , so i re -Apply once again ... and without problem in game .

The meshes are exactly where i put them ... as expected .

Of course , i will not move something  like an Amulet down near the pubies region ... this mesh is not weighted to be used at this place .

The nif i was talking about came from KingKong's  " Some Clothes armors HGEC e II " and the boots are the one from the Cardigan model  " Aqua Cardig.nif " .

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19080-some-clothesarmor-hgec-e-ll/?do=findComment&comment=443188  

I need to install these meshes first , and tweak them as i did on the other machine ... without " teaked" them , no problem i can use them with the lowerbody provided wih this mod.

But i wanted to use only these boot fit another lower- with bigger calves - and that's why i needed ( without success) to tweak them to match/fit my model ... so i 'll first try to recreate the same conditions , take some screenshots and send you the boots mesh and a lowerbody . 

And try to move these feet - with success - without any other tool than NifSkope ... and compare how they look in an interior and in the exterior world ...

It's latter for me because i wake up this mornig and i'm tired this night ... so if i cannot recreate the sam conditions tonight , i 'll send you the files tomorrow.

Cheers.

Edit : yes sorry i was talking about " Seam Mender " , i already used Mesh Rigger to add BBB to one mesh.

Looks like without an esp to do anything with it that high heels dll doesn't do anything. I was just reading some threads on here found through google about annoying problems with the high heel system used with lovers mods. So glad I never loaded that esp in my save games omg lol.

I'm gonna try some other speedbuster boots or gloves, anything from his stuff just to see if only certain things don't work or if anything he has doesn't work for me.

I just tried spb boots set for HGEC and those worked just fine! WTH is this with the really interesting things he makes don't work but the hgec stuff works? weird and why only me? maybe this is why I can't win the lottery?

Lookin around for a black cloud following me and don't see it yet lol.

Looks like without an esp to do anything with it that high heels dll doesn't do anything. I was just reading some threads on here found through google about annoying problems with the high heel system used with lovers mods. So glad I never loaded that esp in my save games omg lol.

I'm gonna try some other speedbuster boots or gloves, anything from his stuff just to see if only certain things don't work or if anything he has doesn't work for me.

Greetings.

@ Zor2k13 .

Just to make things clear ; are you using clean Speedbuster meshes ( from Speedbuster's blog ) or something already modified and maybe " tweaked" by someone else in a Compilation mod ?

There are a few compilations of Speedbuster's mods  but not only with Speedbuster's clean meshes , if someone changed the original ones , maybe there is one or more mystakes in these changed .

So it's a good idea to check these meshes with NifSkope first and convert them later.

So even an experimented modder like SpeedBuster could make an error ( peu probable dans le cadre d'un mod public à mon humble avis ...)  or forgot something but i don't think so for a public shared mod.

Cheers.

Edit : sorry to put these screenshot in your topic , but that's to show you an example with KingKong' s meshes where you canoot - and must not)  use the " Apply" command :

I don't know why there is such a different between in an interior view and an Exterior view ?!?

The last picture is the last test where i tried ( without sucess) to move down the Z axe by 1 ...  without paplying the "Apply" command it looks weel with NifSkope but  no better in game ... so that's the kind of meshes i cannot " tweak" just with NifSkope ... i need to learn something more about this great tool .

NB : these boots are not "RealHighHeels" ready ... but that's not the problem...

post-239275-0-56751100-1426117573_thumb.jpg

post-239275-0-67681100-1426117595_thumb.jpg

post-239275-0-02389400-1426117612_thumb.jpg

post-239275-0-69934600-1426117628_thumb.jpg

post-239275-0-62670900-1426117648_thumb.jpg

post-239275-0-88830800-1426117686_thumb.jpg

post-239275-0-51094500-1426118874_thumb.jpg

post-239275-0-87061800-1426126773_thumb.jpg

post-239275-0-44136400-1426126783_thumb.jpg