Armor set guaranteed to cause CTD everytime! please help

Thanks for posting here about apply.

I found a modder on nexus named korana and their mods of lock breaker and shadow watcher and molly and cowgirl are really good. Lock picker and shadow watcher both use those speedbuster boots that I have been trying to use. Those mods were release before gerra6 made clothing converter so that means korana coverted those speedbuster meshes with a 3d modelling program like blender or 3dsmax etc. What I noticed is even koranas conversions of the boots don't work for me they are simply invisible like I didn't assign any texture even though I did. I even tried direct path to them on my game drive where I have oblivion installed instead of c drive I know using c drive is bad for the game so I don't do it. Even then the boots just don't show up. I have been scouring through nexus and other places looking for boots and the worst problem about converting boots with clothing converter is the feet not being there. I think I might be able to use tonas air lily boots from tonas mod store mod. If they convert good to hgec LL from whatever anorexic size they are by default then it just might work.

I had to stop using those pants I uploaded because the bottom of the legs flare out and clip through any boots I find. Looking a the latex store shop mod for better pants now. I want to try and convert speedbusters harness body mod for some additional slaver outfits but they will all share some kind of utility belts and thigh stuff holders and cowgirl rope I found in koranas mods. LOL those things just look like they go with a slave trader especially the rope.

I don't know why those speed buster boots don't work for me but I noticed something interesting about koranas conversion of them, the buckles are missing and I think I know why. For me they fly all over the place and I bet he had some problems with them too with his 3d modelling program. On his same mods that he uses them, the long gloves he uses are also speed buster but they have buckles so why would he leave them off the boots unless there is a problem with them.

This could also be my video card doing this, I have an amd 7950 3gb sapphire card and in skyrim it gives a weird problem with the ebony blade in the menu where some weird striping appears on the sword. It could just be my card or it could be an error in those boots I will never know but if it won't work for me it might not work for others either so I can't use those boots I guess.

Well dam! those short gloves are working for me now? normal map was not being found that was the only problem ugh...

Almost ready for a screen shot of the first slaver armor just got to get some more things together maybe later on today so you guys can see what I am going for here.

Greetings.

Hi Zork2k13.

I'm glad you're not offended by the post talikng about the NifSkope " Apply" function ... you know this functiun is there to be used and that's absolutly not a " gadget" added to NifSkope.

Well , woaw , now you are talking about Lady " Korana " ... a very popular girl as Petrovitch said ( if i remember well ) ... yes popular and experimented modder.

Sure Korana don't need any converter , but a lot of meshes used ( and i think that the problem with the KingKong's model i was talking about and wich i'm not able - with just NifSkope - to " tweak " come from the same source ...) are converted from meshes created for another body ( UFF probably ) and these meshes were done for another Skeleton ...  and this could be a problem ( not quiet sure ) with the Clothing Converter .

You can get the same " issue"  with one of the four Boots meshes i posted here ( meshes done for Oblivion but the post is in the Skyrim section ...) the model was created by Sinblood ( a very experimented modder too and he started to mod for  ... UFF first , too.

The older Speedbuster's mods were also created for UFF ,so she probably used her old UFF meshes and convert them to a HGEC compatible body , but before Corronera created his " BBB/Moving breasts Skeleton " .

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/43767-rogue-outfit/?do=findComment&comment=1107630   the Sinblood's mesh is the one you can see in the picture number 4 ( BootsRed.nif)  ... and this one was also probably converted from an UFF model  wich used an older Skeleton ) thiis one is also noy set to " 0" ( zero) and i suppose i 'll get the same issue if i try to " tweak" this model , but i have absolyly no reason to tweak this last one ...

Anyway , i w'll take a look at the Korana's mods you mention ( i think they are alredy her , on this computer) and test them with the Gerra6's tool

I just need to switch to XP operating system , because all the convertions i've done before are there , in some XP's folders.

Your post remind me i forgot to send to Fejeena the Boots.nif ( & texture) for a testing purpose - because i think we don't understand each others perfectly ... ° ;)

Cheers.

PS : oh , sorry i forgot this : a missing texture will probably not ( except if it used an alpha chanel and i'm not quiet sure too in this case ) cause your " invisible" stat ... the mesh will just appear in " violet " but displayed.

Most of the time if your mesh is invisible , that's because it's missing ( or not  put in the correct folder set in the Construction Set ) with an "exclamation yellow mark " or it used another biped slot than the one set in the CS ( construction Set) ... or it is there , but far away from your body ( like in the picure N° 5 from my last post ) .

http://www.loverslab.com/uploads/monthly_03_2015/post-239275-0-62670900-1426117648.jpg

PPS ; it's always a good idea to test the original mod ( or just the meshes+ their textures) first ... if all work well , try your convertion , but please , check all the different meshes from a nif before trying your convertion ... if you try to convert something  not well done ( as some "stuffs" created with OutfitStudio for Skyrim ) you are not able to open with NifSkope it's better to " past your way" with this kind of " dirty" works... that's just my opinion , nothing else. 

PPPS : Int he  "Apachii Goddes Store's mods " ( all versions )  there are boots from UFF, and especially Eshme's models ( i like those one , i like the way the texture are made ...) so  firstly created for the Eshme 's body probably version 3  ( and of course another Skeleton that those used today ... ) but most of theses meshes were redone and exported correctly from Blender ( or another 3D tool)  to fit/match the actual Skeletons ... and so , if you take a look with NifSkope at these meshes , i'll see they are set to " 0 " (zero) ... so that's a clean work/mesh .

PPPPS & WARNING : as i know , unfortunately Lady Korana will not allow you to use her resources ... the last mod i've installed is the " Cutter's Gabin " or a name like this one ...  the right name is " The Woodcutters Cabin Plus COBL " i would  like to use some of her resources ( because i want to recreate a Crafting and Mining system " à la Skyrim " ) ... but that's not allowed with any of ther meshes, scripts or textures.

Fortunately , all these resources already exist and are  " Free of Charges "... modder resource and free to use ... everywhere .

So be careful with Korana's mods if you intend to convert them and share these converted parts , you need to contact her first !

... the Korana's link to her " WoodCutter's Cabin etc .. " if you are some interest for the Korana's works .. well done but you need to correct the pathgrid in this space world ...

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/28731

Edit ( 21h14 in Belgium )  : maybe i misunderstood something : i found the  Korana 's ShadowsWatcher on this machine , and what's the problem with these boots ? They are already converted to HGEC , and well done of course .

In the package there are 2 versions : HGEC and UFF , maybe you used the wrong version when you 're trying to convert it ? If you use the UFF version with a Template created from an HGEC body to your HGEC desiied body , of course you'll get some "issues" .

I have things to do ( in my real life ...) i'll be back  soon ... bye.

Thanks for all the info! will have to check for those permissions then I guess since the cowgirl outfit I have a really good idea for. Need all those I mentioned above so need those permissions.  The boots from shadowswatcher do the same thing as the other speed buster boots the glitch like crazy. I think my pc is cursed lol. Gonna go over all the info you posted thanks.

if i may .

Using the " apply " commande in nifskope not so effective  generaly a popup window opens and you can read  " are you sure you want to apply  it may not behave as you want "

the best way to move around an object without problemes  is to open nitrishape/strip go to  ' détails ' look for skininstance  and delete the number     - value = ' none '

DO NOT DELETE  " nitriSKININSTANCE ".

you clic on transform  (  write down the numbers in each x  y  z    to match other objects associated )   than do the " apply "      just after you clic again on nitishape/strip  and go to details

block to find back niskininstance and you put the number instead of the ' none '    of the skininstance that you removed earlier.

Thanks for you guys posting all this stuff about moving things around in a nif file because I will be doing a lot of this very soon as I piece together these slaver armors for pse here is what I am able to do so far...

This is the slaver 1 armor in game it is just called slaver armor, I am not sure yet if I want to call all five or so variants I want to make the same name or maybe some of them will be called seductive slaver armor something like that.

Not finished adding things to this armor yet. I am trying to figure out what works best for some kind of slaver equipment belt. There will be a shiny latex looking rope on the right side and some kind of bags or pouches around the waist but for now just trying to figure out what to make that equipment belt look like and how to keep it from clipping with any outfits I put together etc. One or more of the outfits will have their own belts so I need to maybe keep a belt mesh off of the equipment belt and just have bags and rope etc on there not sure yet or make an alternate slaver equipment belt without a belt mesh. All slave traders will be wearing the various outfits I come up with instead of boring default leveled armor. The scripts from pse actually keep the slave traders safe from other npcs so their fighting ability has to be specific to the player and how to counter the player effectively without being leveled to the player.

I have for this outfit tona's boots and the alir armor top and pants and finally that dam speedbuster glove lol took forever. Thanks you fejeena for fixing things I even ran the top through gerra6 clothing converter to convert it from hgec f cup normal to hgec f cup fighter and it works ok just a teeny bit of clipping on the shoulders near either side of the neck. I thought I would not be able to use the pants but they work ok now with tona's boots since I ran them through clothing converter too. Had to attach the feet to get it to work though. So glad tona made these normal flat style boots instead of some high heel fetish because it is dam near impossible to convert high heel shoes and boots with clothing converter at least for me.it is.

So the outfits will be fighter body F cup upper and LL body lower thats how I have my game setup I hate skinny no waist bodies with teeny boobs lol. But I also can't stand gigantic over sized mess going everywhere either which is why I don't use H cup for anything except the enslaved outfit I am working on in pse thread.

post-232484-0-02112900-1426210865_thumb.jpg

post-232484-0-60871700-1426210865_thumb.jpg

if i may .

Using the " apply " commande in nifskope not so effective  generaly a popup window opens and you can read  " are you sure you want to apply  it may not behave as you want "

the best way to move around an object without problemes  is to open nitrishape/strip go to  ' détails ' look for skininstance  and delete the number     - value = ' none '

DO NOT DELETE  " nitriSKININSTANCE ".

you clic on transform  (  write down the numbers in each x  y  z    to match other objects associated )   than do the " apply "      just after you clic again on nitishape/strip  and go to details

block to find back niskininstance and you put the number instead of the ' none '    of the skininstance that you removed earlier.

Greetings.

Hi & @ KingKong ... of course you " might" and please don't be offended ; you are not guillty , i took this mesh as a model from wich you must not use the " Apply" command and must not move this mesh in any way ... i just needed an example and your mesh was the only one i found on this computer before i found also one SinBlood mesh  with the same caracteristics.

I 've sent to  Fejeena this one for a testing purpose just to see if she can " tweak" ( = move and/or resize or something else ) this mesh without problem only with NifSkope ...  so thank you for your answer , i 'll try something with this kind of mesh in a few hours becaus ... i'm a little " drunk " this night .. sorry that's wasn't in my life's  " program " ...  :°)

Cheers.

Edit ( Vendredi 13 .... mars 2015 , 21h38 Belgium time )  : To Fejeena :  ok tested your Kk's corrected version , with this one i can do what i want ... as usual ( with the Apply command of course ) . Even if it wasn't the purpose of my PM ( i just wanted to know if you can ( were able to ) move this mesh in any way just with NifSkope ...) many thanks , now i will keep this mesh to replace all models that use this one in the KingKong's  " compilation " .

As a side note , i don't know what message is displayed in your language in NifSkope but that's the correct message displayed when i switch to the English NifSkope version : picture 2  and i click on " Try anyway" .

Now i 'll test the KingKong 's solution ... coming soon .

post-239275-0-87264300-1426279537_thumb.jpg

post-239275-0-95129800-1426279558_thumb.jpg

Thanks for you guys posting all this stuff about moving things around in a nif file because I will be doing a lot of this very soon as I piece together these slaver armors for pse here is what I am able to do so far...

This is the slaver 1 armor in game it is just called slaver armor, I am not sure yet if I want to call all five or so variants I want to make the same name or maybe some of them will be called seductive slaver armor something like that.

Not finished adding things to this armor yet. I am trying to figure out what works best for some kind of slaver equipment belt. There will be a shiny latex looking rope on the right side and some kind of bags or pouches around the waist but for now just trying to figure out what to make that equipment belt look like and how to keep it from clipping with any outfits I put together etc. One or more of the outfits will have their own belts so I need to maybe keep a belt mesh off of the equipment belt and just have bags and rope etc on there not sure yet or make an alternate slaver equipment belt without a belt mesh. All slave traders will be wearing the various outfits I come up with instead of boring default leveled armor. The scripts from pse actually keep the slave traders safe from other npcs so their fighting ability has to be specific to the player and how to counter the player effectively without being leveled to the player.

I have for this outfit tona's boots and the alir armor top and pants and finally that dam speedbuster glove lol took forever. Thanks you fejeena for fixing things I even ran the top through gerra6 clothing converter to convert it from hgec f cup normal to hgec f cup fighter and it works ok just a teeny bit of clipping on the shoulders near either side of the neck. I thought I would not be able to use the pants but they work ok now with tona's boots since I ran them through clothing converter too. Had to attach the feet to get it to work though. So glad tona made these normal flat style boots instead of some high heel fetish because it is dam near impossible to convert high heel shoes and boots with clothing converter at least for me.it is.

So the outfits will be fighter body F cup upper and LL body lower thats how I have my game setup I hate skinny no waist bodies with teeny boobs lol. But I also can't stand gigantic over sized mess going everywhere either which is why I don't use H cup for anything except the enslaved outfit I am working on in pse thread.

Greetings .

No sorry , but once again that's not true  ...

..." . So glad tona made these normal flat style boots instead of some high heel fetish because it is dam near impossible to convert high heel shoes and boots with clothing converter at least for me.it is.  ..."   there is no problem to convert and outfit using "RealHighSystem " ( i only tested with the VipCxj Real HighHeels ssystem , not the one from Addk1k ...)  ... the converted outit is perfect ... i used a Colourwheel model where i added a Real HighHeels from Bisquit + Stockings  ...  i'll check my PM tomorrow to put this converted file here , because that's something i sent to Myuhinny  in a PM a few months ago ... ... sent in a PM because i didn't asked to Colourwheel to use some of her meshes .

Test was done with the version 0.72 of Guerra6' s Clotthing Converter if i remember well .

So if it doesn't work for you ( with real HighHeels meshes) , that's probably because you forgot something .

Cheers.

Edit ... ok here the file with the realhighheels shoes i made a few months ago ... i found it i my Pm sent to Myuhinny ... so that was just a tst , without any tweak , but once converted , they work perfectly - of course you need to add the script to thesses shoes if you don't use them as a replacer ... The upperbody  part is low poly so the converted one is also " lower plygones" , but that's wasn't the sujet of this test.

The convertion was made from the Colourwheel's upperbody ( bbb version from i don't know who ...)  to a DM upperBody , but where i added these Real HighHeels shoes + the lower part of the stocking ... probably " stolen " from the Nepphenee13 DMRA's version  before the convertion.

PS .. Warning Adult Contents ( oui ils doivent vraiment être contents ...)  it seams i forgot the " panty " .. probably to reduce the final size of this nif ... °:)    .. so it's a SV version ( Sanitary Version as Growlf called this kind of meshes )

post-239275-0-05921800-1426218387_thumb.jpg

0MyCWo_LibrarianDressHeelsHHH_Full BDM.nif

Greetings.

Hi & @ KinKong.

Sorry , your solution doesn't seam to work ... i get exactly the same issue as i try to move in any ways your original mesh . Snifff , snifff.

When i set the number  in the details block to " nothing"  = none  , the NiTriSkinInstance in the List Block dissapear , right ?

So i just moved down the z axe to - 0.2 , than  "Apply " ( and here no warning message displayed ) . 

I go back to the " detail block " and wrote manually the number i 've deleted before ... in this case that was 64 ... and the NiTriSkinInstance re-appear in the list block ( and in the right place ) .

So i save .

Launch Oblivion and in the 3rd view , the boots are not there - in the exterior world - so Tamriel .

So i get exactly the same screenshot as the one i posted before  ( post 25 screenshot N°5 )

http://www.loverslab.com/uploads/monthly_03_2015/post-239275-0-62670900-1426117648.jpg

So something is missing in this process ... still .. snifff, sniff .

I know there is a way just with NifSkope because i already did it ... but i loose a lot of " experiences " when i  " switch " for a few months to Skyrim , and finally i'm not quiet sure if i did it for Oblivion or just Skyrim.

Cheers.

this means that my mesh is bad !!!          let me check it      as i go back home  ( can not do it now as i have no files and no oblivion).

Hi  KingKong.

As i already said , your are not  " guilty " sometime i saw other meshes like this one ( especially from outfit converted from an UFF model but not always ...)  .

I don't really care of your "original" mesh , because i can use it without any issue if i use them without any " tweak" .

The problem here is just that i would know why i cannot " tweak" that kind of meshes as usual .

I can send you your mesh , but i corrected the texture path because there is a mystake here ; a " s" is missing ... your texture folder is writed with a "s" at this end , but without " s" in your nif.

Cheers.

PS : Fejeena already send me a modified version of this mesh last night  ( but she used "Meshe Rigger" and not only NifSkope to change the carateristics of this nif ...) this one works perfectly ( i mean i can move , resize etc these boots witout any issue ) but that's not an answer to my question : Why m I not able to modify your model in anyway just with NifSkope ?

Hi kingkong.

The lowerbody i used for this test ? It's yours , the HGEc version i use the Full nif " Robe BBB+BB " and the shoes.

I 'll send you the original nif , texture and the corrected Fejeena model too .

I my opinion , but i may be wrong , this " issue " is there because the original mesh was released to match an older Skeleton ( before the Corronera model) ,and probably for UFF body - or Eshme/Aleanne ,  and older Skeleton means not 100¨% compatible with the actual Skeletons used in the HGEC family .

I'll send you this package in a few minutes.

Cheers.

PS : ok , i took me a little more time , package sended

kingkong: the Problem with the boots from the tiger cardig.nif were the NiSkinInstance,SkinData,SkinPartition.

I tried to fix the mesh with NifSkope... no success

NifSkope and MeshRigger....  no success

The bug/error must be in the NiSkinInstance,SkinData,SkinPartition : only NifSkope or Mesh Rigger can not fix it.

Fix was only possible after delete  NiSkinInstance,SkinData,SkinPartition  and add new NiSkinInstance,SkinData,SkinPartition with NifSkope.( new with "Block" - "Insert" - NiSkinInstance, NiSkinData,NiSkinPartition.  Not copy-paste from another mesh )

And then new weighting with Mesh Rigger.

Hi there.

Hi Fejeena ( thank you for the mesh you posted last night ... ) Hi KingKong.

Your last two posts give me another idea , something i 'll try ONLY with NifSkope : I"ll follow the KK 's procedure  but i "ll not re-write the same Number deleted before .

I'll just import the one from a " clean mesh " ( i mean without this problem and already set to zero) and then assign this new imported number/value  ( in fact the different skinInstances  nodes ) .. in place ( so as a " replacer " ) of the one ( so the  " one "  'll be set to " none " at this moment ...) i removed before ...

I really want to find  a way to do so with ... NifSkope ... i 'll post the result in a PS .

Cheers.

Edit : @↔ KingKing ... ,°)  Ok , your fix works , with this new mesh now i can follow your procedure , i just moved the Z Axe to Zero and tested in game , no more issue . So it's seams that the problem came from the setting in the "Scale" option ... good news , et thank you , now i know it's possible with just NifScope if the mesh is clean .

Now i'm going to test my idea with the old - not full cleaned -  mesh  ... coming soon.

PS : To Fejeena ; here the KingKong 's mesh " Cleaned" : as you can see , it's still not set to " zero" but you can do what you want --- > Apply  and no more issue . Cool , isn't it ?   ... :°)

Check it and test it by yourself if you want that's why i put it there.

Coming soon after my last test... ... not so soon in fact , i'm tired , and it's no so easy , i 'll continue tomorrow ...:°)

tiger cardig first test fix.nif