Mod not using ini

Fienyx

I have used kurtees inventory is a backpack for quite a while now, and have never had this issue before. It seems to have just decided not to use its ini anymore. I tried different load order, reinstalling the mod, and a new game. It just defaults to original settings. I actually had to open it in CS and change the script so it works the way I set the ini. 

Does anyone know why one single mod wouldn't use its ini? All my other mods work how they should, and this just started happening. 

Beyond the usual "double-check that you've installed everything where it should be", I am afraid I don't have much advice to provide.

Please keep in mind that I do not use the mod, but I assume it works like any other ini-driven mod.

So the usual culprits to check out first :

- OBSE and any other dll it might depend upon

- ini file in the correct location under the game ".\data" folder

If you are somewhat comfortable with the toolset, you could also try to add some debugging <printc> (print to console) messages, to see if you are actually reading the ini file once in game.

Your case reminds me of my endless struggle with Enhanced Economy to make the merchant quests work (the only problem I've encountered with that mod, all the rest is fine with me). At some point, after completing 5-10 merchant quests, the mod begins to act strangely, and editing the ini file is useless. The only way to repair the problem was uninstalling the mod, doing a clean save and reinstalling. But the problem cropped up again sooner or later, so I decided to disable the merchant quests altogether.

Well, that's where similarities end. If you reinstalled tha mod and still it's not working, I don't know what to say.

Sometimes I use Conscribe (an OBSE plugin) to record the console output for debugging. You can find it on the Nexus site.

I have conscribe, but the backpack isn't one tha automatically has info in there. Haven't gotten any new obse. Just weird that it suddenly started doing this. At least it works right aftrt I altered the scripts. Also found out, it would use some of the ini, but not all.

No more need to reply to this post since I the script workaround works properly.

Archived