[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

Spauldo

I downloaded and use 'ShutupWindows10', keep that system unplugged from the modem as much as possible, and have to do 3 boots with it just to clean up windows insufferable meddling. Even still, with windows update folder .exes removed, it still acts like it wants to update once every 24 hours. When I do plug it into the internet to actually use most Steam games like AC:O, etc. I have to fight with it and do update folder surgery all over again, plus it HAS booted me to desktop in the middle of gameplay to force me to answer "update now, later, set a time'. I just do a hard reboot at this point, and start all over again.

Microsoft - what a cunt!

Yep, my feelings exactly.  I booted into Windows maybe once a month for assignments or Sims 3.  I figured I didn't need updates, because I only went to the university website and played an offline game.  Plus I followed some instructions I found for nuking most of Microsoft's spyware and didn't want an update to mess it up.

But hey, I'm just a user, what do I know.  It's not like I can be trusted with my own computer, now can I?

I've never been a big fan of Microsoft (I did tech support for Windows 95, which was a total POS) and jumped ship to the UNIX world a long time ago.  Nothing I've heard out of the Windows world since has tempted me to return.  The fact that Microsoft is collecting personal data from its users now and has removed the ability to control updates is abominable.  Unfortunately, there's no real alternative for the majority of users.  I mean, Linux and MacOS are great and all, but if they can't run Windows programs as well as Windows does then they're just not an option for most people.

Anyway, this is all way off topic so I'll shut up now.

1 hour ago, spauldo said:

Yep, my feelings exactly.  I booted into Windows maybe once a month for assignments or Sims 3.  I figured I didn't need updates, because I only went to the university website and played an offline game.  Plus I followed some instructions I found for nuking most of Microsoft's spyware and didn't want an update to mess it up.

But hey, I'm just a user, what do I know.  It's not like I can be trusted with my own computer, now can I?

I've never been a big fan of Microsoft (I did tech support for Windows 95, which was a total POS) and jumped ship to the UNIX world a long time ago.  Nothing I've heard out of the Windows world since has tempted me to return.  The fact that Microsoft is collecting personal data from its users now and has removed the ability to control updates is abominable.  Unfortunately, there's no real alternative for the majority of users.  I mean, Linux and MacOS are great and all, but if they can't run Windows programs as well as Windows does then they're just not an option for most people.

Anyway, this is all way off topic so I'll shut up now.

Total agreement with both of you there.

Windows 98 and XP I was able to setup the boot sequences, that way windows booted it's shell first, and it seriously stabilized the entire POS. Never got the blue screen of death after that. Set it to load fonts last, since Win 7, I haven't been able to adjust it, and it has crashed on me several times in both 7 and 10, never even touched 8.

Oh, and back to the time laps issue, my Sims 4 is doing that on occasion, so I knew what you were talking about. Was offering some help that I could think of that won't break Sims 3.

Not sure if this is a KW problem, but for some reason when I enter CAS I can't exit. The game doesn't freeze. I can change their outfits but when I click accept, nothing happens. It just stays in CAS. I can't cancel out either and the options menu won't open. This didn't happen when I first started playing with KW installed, but I haven't added any new mods since. I've made new outfits before just fine. This only started happening after my Sim aged up from Young Adult to Adult. Any ideas as to how I can fix this?

55 minutes ago, Sai-ro said:

Not sure if this is a KW problem, but for some reason when I enter CAS I can't exit. The game doesn't freeze. I can change their outfits but when I click accept, nothing happens. It just stays in CAS. I can't cancel out either and the options menu won't open. This didn't happen when I first started playing with KW installed, but I haven't added any new mods since. I've made new outfits before just fine. This only started happening after my Sim aged up from Young Adult to Adult. Any ideas as to how I can fix this?

Does it happen if you create a new game, or only if you try to edit the existing sim?

If you run MasterController, does it happen if you click on the sim and do NRaas -> MasterController -> Sylist?

1 hour ago, spauldo said:

Does it happen if you create a new game, or only if you try to edit the existing sim?

If you run MasterController, does it happen if you click on the sim and do NRaas -> MasterController -> Sylist?

Only if I try to edit the existing sim. I don't have MasterController. Do you think installing it might help?

On 4/15/2018 at 5:31 PM, namaradus said:

Well it is your choice to ignore it but you have a broken mod (or extremely outdated one)  that is bouncing the loading process. You could go a long time before problems present themselves it's like having a time bomb in your game.

Well, it turned out that I had put something into one of my game install folders. I didn't really bother trying to track down what I had done, I just "repaired" my install using the Origin launcher, and that resolved my load problems.

Thanks for the insight on this. I would have continued to ignore it, otherwise. I'm hoping that my game will be more stable now. It wasn't exactly unstable before, but that is based on my low expectations from playing the game over the last 9 years since it was released.

10 minutes ago, Sai-ro said:

Only if I try to edit the existing sim. I don't have MasterController. Do you think installing it might help?

No, it was just for troubleshooting.  MasterController's really handy to have for a variety of things, though.

If it's just with the one sim, then it's probably something in that sim's data.  Could be corruption or it might be a messed up outfit.

If you keep backup saves, you might try going back to just before the sim aged up and start from there.  (If you don't keep backups but would like to start, NRaas saver does a good job of it.  AwesomeMod does it to, but it does a bunch of other stuff as well that you might not want.)

Otherwise, maybe install NRaas Overwatch and do City Hall -> NRaas -> Overwatch -> Immediate -> Clean up Outfits.  Normally you don't want to do that with KW because it doesn't quite get along with KW's outfits, but it might fix your sim if it's just an outfit problem.  I haven't tried it (I always run Overwatch) but if you don't want to keep it, I don't think that it wouldn't cause any problems to remove it afterward.  If you do keep it, you need to turn off "Clean up outfits" and "Stuck Check Auto Reset" in its settings.

The only other thing I can think to try is to get your sim naked and then go into CAS.  It should bring up the sim's naked outfit (I think, anyway).  Change some stuff and see if you can exit CAS then.  If it still doesn't let you, try doing it with your sim's work outfit.

You might consider installing NRaas ErrorTrap and the "Disable Dereferencing" tuning package (look at the first post of this topic for a link to the tuning package).  It catches a lot of problems and might prevent corruption from occurring in the first place.  I dunno if it would fix the problem you're having, but if it's a corruption problem it might prevent that sort of thing from happening in the future.  It's a core mod, but it's written so that it works with most other core mods (it's the exception to the "there must only be one" rule).

5 hours ago, spauldo said:

No, it was just for troubleshooting.  MasterController's really handy to have for a variety of things, though.

If it's just with the one sim, then it's probably something in that sim's data.  Could be corruption or it might be a messed up outfit.

If you keep backup saves, you might try going back to just before the sim aged up and start from there.  (If you don't keep backups but would like to start, NRaas saver does a good job of it.  AwesomeMod does it to, but it does a bunch of other stuff as well that you might not want.)

Otherwise, maybe install NRaas Overwatch and do City Hall -> NRaas -> Overwatch -> Immediate -> Clean up Outfits.  Normally you don't want to do that with KW because it doesn't quite get along with KW's outfits, but it might fix your sim if it's just an outfit problem.  I haven't tried it (I always run Overwatch) but if you don't want to keep it, I don't think that it wouldn't cause any problems to remove it afterward.  If you do keep it, you need to turn off "Clean up outfits" and "Stuck Check Auto Reset" in its settings.

The only other thing I can think to try is to get your sim naked and then go into CAS.  It should bring up the sim's naked outfit (I think, anyway).  Change some stuff and see if you can exit CAS then.  If it still doesn't let you, try doing it with your sim's work outfit.

You might consider installing NRaas ErrorTrap and the "Disable Dereferencing" tuning package (look at the first post of this topic for a link to the tuning package).  It catches a lot of problems and might prevent corruption from occurring in the first place.  I dunno if it would fix the problem you're having, but if it's a corruption problem it might prevent that sort of thing from happening in the future.  It's a core mod, but it's written so that it works with most other core mods (it's the exception to the "there must only be one" rule).

It's not just the one sim. It seems to be that save. I have the same problem when I try to plan her teen son's outfit in CAS. And I didn't back up this household, unfortunately.

I already had NRaas Overwatch installed with Clean Up Outfits disabled. Trying to enable it just gave me a Script Error notification.

Neither going in nude or in my Career outfit worked. I did find out that the problem only seems to occur if I try to accept the changes. If I just cancel and exit I can get back to my game just fine. But if I click accept all the other buttons become non-responsive and I can't exit CAS.

I'm probably gonna have to just give up editing outfits in this save... But I want to figure out what's causing this problem so that I can try and avoid it happening in any other saves.

17 minutes ago, Sai-ro said:

It's not just the one sim. It seems to be that save. I have the same problem when I try to plan her teen son's outfit in CAS. And I didn't back up this household, unfortunately.

I already had NRaas Overwatch installed with Clean Up Outfits disabled. Trying to enable it just gave me a Script Error notification.

Neither going in nude or in my Career outfit worked. I did find out that the problem only seems to occur if I try to accept the changes. If I just cancel and exit I can get back to my game just fine. But if I click accept all the other buttons become non-responsive and I can't exit CAS.

I'm probably gonna have to just give up editing outfits in this save... But I want to figure out what's causing this problem so that I can try and avoid it happening in any other saves.

Well, if you're getting a script error while trying to enable Clean Up Outfits, that's actually a good thing.  You might look at the ScriptError file that got created when that happened and see if there's a clue.  Maybe you can ask over at the NRaas forum and see if they can make sense of it, since you can get an error with their mod.

Otherwise, I don't know what else to suggest.  If you're a patron you might as over on Patreon.

2 hours ago, spauldo said:

Well, if you're getting a script error while trying to enable Clean Up Outfits, that's actually a good thing.  You might look at the ScriptError file that got created when that happened and see if there's a clue.  Maybe you can ask over at the NRaas forum and see if they can make sense of it, since you can get an error with their mod.

Otherwise, I don't know what else to suggest.  If you're a patron you might as over on Patreon.

Yeah, I'll look at the file and keep looking into it. Thanks for the help.

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:33 PM, FreakyRufus said:

So, on further reflection, I realized my response to your offer of help may have come across as dismissive of your help.

I do appreciate it, and I am tempted to spend an hour or two trying to figure out which mod I have might be causing the message.

I have been seeing this message for a long time, and have consistently ignored it (after initially updating several problem mods), and the game has been "stable enough" that I have just grown to ignore it.

I too have the same message (I also press continue) I also get the dropped screen and have to press the icon to get it back up..

I have the nraas mod updater (all is good there) and I have sims3dashboard (it check if I have corrupt mods or conflicts or even duplicate mods)(all is good there too) this laptop I'm using is new to me(meaning I have no virus's or other games or anything on it for that matter)lol I had to replace my old one which also use to get that message both times after I got the kw mod and the animations it was the same for my friend too....

I have noooo clue what to do with it and it probs don't help that I know nothing bout how mods work other then it makes things so great in game :smiley: 

20 minutes ago, xxjiggalzxx said:

I too have the same message (I also press continue) I also get the dropped screen and have to press the icon to get it back up..

I have the nraas mod updater (all is good there) and I have sims3dashboard (it check if I have corrupt mods or conflicts or even duplicate mods)(all is good there too) this laptop I'm using is new to me(meaning I have no virus's or other games or anything on it for that matter)lol I had to replace my old one which also use to get that message both times after I got the kw mod and the animations it was the same for my friend too....

I have noooo clue what to do with it and it probs don't help that I know nothing bout how mods work other then it makes things so great in game :smiley: 

Just to double check, when the world loads and you get the message that Kinky World has started, does it say 0.37?

Lots of people accidentally download 0.30 and think it's 0.37 because of the .7z file extension.

9 hours ago, spauldo said:

Just to double check, when the world loads and you get the message that Kinky World has started, does it say 0.37?

Lots of people accidentally download 0.30 and think it's 0.37 because of the .7z file extension.

I use winzip if that is what you are talking bout and yes it does say it but I think it says 0.3.7

Hey. none of the sex poses or anything like that works for my gay couple. I've searched through the settings as well but nothing helps. I've even tried to download gay sex mods but nothing works. It works when i call a callgirl/boy but when i try with my own sim the options are grey.. what do i do? i'm getting really frustrated.

2 hours ago, xxjiggalzxx said:

I use winzip if that is what you are talking bout and yes it does say it but I think it says 0.3.7

Oh right, 0.3.7.  Dunno why the download file is labeled different than the version in game.  I was just making sure you didn't have the old version.

The only thing I can think of to do is the old "divide and conquer" method.  Remove half your mods (just move 'em to a folder outside your mods folder) and try to start the Sims.  If you still get the message, try other other half.  Whichever half still gives you the message contains your problem mod.  Repeat until you've narrowed it down to one mod, and that's your culprit.

1 hour ago, lolsmaster64 said:

Hey. none of the sex poses or anything like that works for my gay couple. I've searched through the settings as well but nothing helps. I've even tried to download gay sex mods but nothing works. It works when i call a callgirl/boy but when i try with my own sim the options are grey.. what do i do? i'm getting really frustrated.

Are the sims related?  If so, check that Kinky World -> Settings -> Global Settings -> Incest Level is set appropriately.

Are they teenagers?  If so, make sure that Kinky World -> Settings -> Global Settings -> Teen Interactions is enabled.

If it's neither of those, then I dunno.  What "gay sex mods" have you downloaded?  You shouldn't need anything other than the animation packages for gay sex to work.

17 hours ago, xxjiggalzxx said:

When I had this problem, to debug, I took ALL of my mods out, and still had the issue.

I vaguely recall that I have tried a couple of mods that require installing them into my program folders, rather than installing them in the mods folder. It has been so long, that I don't recall exactly what they were or what they were supposed to do.

My game is installed from the Origin downloader, so I use the repair option from that and it downloaded a couple of things and "repaired" the main game plus 4 or 5 of the expansions. After doing that, I no longer get the warning that pops up about the mod versions not matching the game.

My main approach to debugging problems with mods is also the "divide and conquer" approach: take half out, and if that solves it, start putting some back until you find the problem. If it doesn't solve it, take half the remaining mods out. Repeat ad-nauseum.

4 hours ago, spauldo said:

Are the sims related?  If so, check that Kinky World -> Settings -> Global Settings -> Incest Level is set appropriately.

Are they teenagers?  If so, make sure that Kinky World -> Settings -> Global Settings -> Teen Interactions is enabled.

If it's neither of those, then I dunno.  What "gay sex mods" have you downloaded?  You shouldn't need anything other than the animation packages for gay sex to work.

If you hover your mouse pointer over one of the grayed out options, it should tell you why it is disabled. For example, when I click on a counter top and try to choose a KW woohoo action, if the counter is greyed out, hovering the pointer over it will say something like it is blocked, meaning there is a light on the ceiling above it.

Or, it might say there are no stages for that. This means that you do not have an animation for that installed.

6 hours ago, Tigerman500 said:

Can the girls when wearing long dresses out the dress over their knees when kneeling? It looks ridiculous when it does not.

Not really.  The way the clothing meshes deform isn't really controlled (directly) by the animations.

But yeah, some of 'em are really bad, like the long robes the Egyptians wear.  Try doing "Kiss" in one of the lounge chairs in the Egyptian market sometime.  Someone that creates custom clothing might be able to suggest ways to make it a bit better by adjusting weights or something, but you'd have to do it for every piece of clothing that gives you issues.

The alternative is to have them get nude for the animations that give you problems.  I haven't looked, but I'll bet it's in the XML in the OKW files.  Look a few pages back if you want to try editing those - I posted some information on how to tinker with them.

17 minutes ago, MelekDemirhan said:

My game is cracking in 5 minutes after enabled kinky. What should i do? i can't playing..

It really depends.

If you've got a lot of mods and custom content, you get to play the "let's find the mod conflict" game.  It's not a very fun game.  Basically, you remove some mods and custom content, clear the caches, and then try to play.  If it crashes, remove some more, clear the caches, try to play.  Repeat until it stops crashing.  At that point, you should know what the conflict is.

If you've only got KW installed and no other mods or custom content, then something else is going on.  There are some mods that help with crash-to-desktop issues, like Awesome and maybe ErrorTrap.  Bear in mind though that Awesome has a very...  negative community around it, and does a lot more than just help with crashing issues.  I'm not sure that ErrorTrap fixes crashing issues, but it does clean up a lot of other problems in the game and gives you nice reports in your Sims 3 folder when errors pop up.

23 minutes ago, spauldo said:

It really depends.

If you've got a lot of mods and custom content, you get to play the "let's find the mod conflict" game.  It's not a very fun game.  Basically, you remove some mods and custom content, clear the caches, and then try to play.  If it crashes, remove some more, clear the caches, try to play.  Repeat until it stops crashing.  At that point, you should know what the conflict is.

If you've only got KW installed and no other mods or custom content, then something else is going on.  There are some mods that help with crash-to-desktop issues, like Awesome and maybe ErrorTrap.  Bear in mind though that Awesome has a very...  negative community around it, and does a lot more than just help with crashing issues.  I'm not sure that ErrorTrap fixes crashing issues, but it does clean up a lot of other problems in the game and gives you nice reports in your Sims 3 folder when errors pop up.

I will try,thank you.btw sorry. what does "errortrap" mean? i really don't know. can you inform me please?

3 minutes ago, MelekDemirhan said:

I will try,thank you.btw sorry. what does "errortrap" mean? i really don't know. can you inform me please?

NRaas ErrorTrap is a mod that cleans up save files and does error reporting.  Google should get you to the right place.

It's a core mod, which means the version you download from NRaas needs to match the patch version of your game.  I believe the launcher can tell you what your patch version is (it should be 1.67 or 1.69 - if it's not, then that's probably what's causing your crash issues).  Unlike most core mods, it can actually be used at the same time as most other core mods (usually, you can only use one core mod at a time).

When you have ErrorTrap installed, it works in the background to clean stuff up and fix errors in the game.  It also catches errors thrown by the game and creates reports in your Sims 3 folder.  Those reports are very useful for figuring out problems in your game.

If you've never used NRaas mods, they're very useful and have a good community built around them.

The other mod I mentioned was Awesome Mod.  Awesome Mod is also a core mod.  It works fine with ErrorTrap installed, but any other core mod probably will not work with it.  It makes a lot of changes to the game, so don't install it unless you're prepared to read all the documentation for it.  The Awesome Mod community is not very nice though, so if you go in asking questions you'd better make sure you've searched and read everything you could to find the answer before asking.