Cheat Engine problem from a (rightfully-aclaimed) cheater

Hentai-chan

I downloaded and installed Cheat Engine in hopes of acquiring schematics I hated (absolutely) having to farm ın DAI. Namely, the schematic for helm of the inquisitor. I had finally figured out how to do it but then the game crashed on me. (I swear someone out there is having a ball messing with me) So I booted the game up and attach it to the engine once more. But when I tried to put a value to the 'Item Type' under 'Inventory Sorter', ıt replaces the value with '??'. I have no idea what is going on.

I also noticed that I should try to run the 64-bit version ande enable VEH enabler. I thought I had! I thought they were running. Need help with how to run them while also having DAI attached.

You are going to get support in a far more detail and far faster posting at the cheat engine site:  http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=578120&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

All I can tell you from my experiment in using cheat engine to add or modify weapons and armor, its bloody tough to get it right.  

The silver lining is that mods are coming.  Folks are working furiously on mod tools: http://daitools.freeforums.org/

That an you can only edit like items.  Meaning, you have to have a schematic already and change it to the desired schematic.  Try to change armor (or anything else for that matter) into a schematic and CTD.  Same thing goes for armor and weapons and other stuff.  Change like to like and you "should" be fine.

I have managed to change one armor into another and tweak the stats. I also did the same with a sword.  Beyond that, it kept going bonkers on me and I finally gave up.  The key is to save the game after every little change, that way you can quickly recover if something goes bonkers.

It has been resolved actually. After a little reading, I found that you can only change stuff that are, as you said, "like to like". I typically use the merchant at Redcliffe and Val Royeaux who sells schematics that I know I am not going to use. What I do is:

1) Open CE, tie it to DAI then open inv edit

2) I buy the item

3) Switch to CE

4) Then change the item

That way even though I am cheaing to get stuff, at least I am paying for them. Somewhat. It took some time for me to understand its quirks. But I got it now.

Anyone else not interested in farming and would rather they schematics a 'different' way but don't know how the item path can check this out: http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/mods/350/?

Archived