creating a custom effect?

GSBmodders

Green overlay or the target box? The green overlay is easier you can do that with a imagespace modifier. Prolly the best example would be to look at project nevada since it does that already. As for the target box? Well that's tougher, unless someone's figured a way around it. The targeting reticule is specified from the interfaceshared0.dds file. Though I don't know if you can specify your own reticle itself. Maybe you could do a second overlay with an alphamaped dds into the imagespace?

Then again maybe I'm just overtired and inanely ranting. :)

Green overlay or the target box? The green overlay is easier you can do that with a imagespace modifier. Prolly the best example would be to look at project nevada since it does that already. As for the target box? Well that's tougher' date=' unless someone's figured a way around it. The targeting reticule is specified from the interfaceshared0.dds file. Though I don't know if you can specify your own reticle itself. Maybe you could do a second overlay with an alphamaped dds into the imagespace?

Then again maybe I'm just overtired and inanely ranting. :)[/quote']

I think Project Nevada has a custom reticule sight, maybe pull it apart to see how it works.

For weapons, the sight is found in the "scope model" entry of the weapon.

The sniper rifle for example uses:

interface\HUD\mildotscope.NIF

The 44 magnum revolver uses:

interface\HUD\duplexscope.NIF

The trail carbine uses:

interface\HUD\biggamescope.NIF

The textures are defined by the NIF and not set in the esp though you can use the scope alternate textures to do so if you wish.

For weapons' date=' the sight is found in the "scope model" entry of the weapon.

The sniper rifle for example uses:

interface\HUD\mildotscope.NIF

The 44 magnum revolver uses:

interface\HUD\duplexscope.NIF

The trail carbine uses:

interface\HUD\biggamescope.NIF

The textures are defined by the NIF and not set in the esp though you can use the scope alternate textures to do so if you wish.

[/quote']

Thanks for this info, it's what I see as being good news since I have been having difficulty in trying to set textures in a esp like I see others doing.

Archived