Dying Light.

Been trying this thing for more than 10 hours now, story at only 20%. 

So far, I'm starting to feel it's the best zombie game since Day Z (the mod version). I'm having an absolute blast, running on rooftops and dropping kicks on obese zombies, it's just amazing. The story is pretty unique too, the game takes place in what looks like an Arab country, I'm thinking Northern Africa or even Saudi Arabia, I think it's the first time a game of that level was made with that kind of environment. There's nothing that resembles Dead Island except for the cool light effects and some animations, and the awesome details in the texturing department. I've honestly looked everywhere for a defect or something I'd hate, to no avail. I'm not saying the game is perfect, but it sure as hell is the first time in a while I've ever played a game without immediately noticing something I absolutely hate in it, like an inconsistency in the story line, or more simply bugs, or annoying mechanics, but there's none here !

Anyone else playing it ? I want to see other opinions or I'll turn in a fanboy soon. 

I'm having a blast playing it. Course, I may not be the best person to judge a zombie game.....cause I'm a zombie nut. :)

Those nights are one of the most scariest playing moments I've had since a long time man ! I'm a huge zombie fan too, and I don't know where this ranks at on my zombie epicness scale but I bed it's too damn high. 

I was wondering about picking it up,  I have one question is there a character selection?

It's a first person, so there's really no need, plus the story's MC is named and there is only one story line, so you get Kyle Crane. I've only seen his hands and his feet so far  :D 

BUT, you can choose to play either as a human, or as a zombie boss. When you select the zombie boss character, you can "invade" other players worlds, and the PVP mode activates, they have to destroy zombie nests and you, as the big zombie Daddy, have to kill them before they do. 

You can also join in co-op other players on their worlds, but you always play Kyle Crane. Up to 5 players I believe. 

Ahaha, and of course for each person who finds a game good on this planet, there are three angry youtube reviews of it by PC players who are hating on the low fps and obvious console optimization of it. This one made me laugh a lot though, is that a Scottish accent ? I kept picturing a fat Scottish nerd spewing spit on his screen lol. I don't understand this "angry review trend" going on, it's like there is no other way to share your review and opinion on a game without going full meatballs nowadays... I guess it attracts viewer, hatred sells ! 

But no, really, youtube reviews have been, are, and always will be irrelevant to which games you enjoy playing or not. Watching twitch though, there we can see the usefulness, no "bug compilation" running while a fat dude is screaming low fps induced blind rage, forgetting his tastes are not everyone else's. 2015 and youtube reviewers are still forgetting the simple lesson of "to each his own taste"... Sigh. 

Idk if he is fat or not, but he has a wife and kid. But I don't really know why you're bringing this up, being fat or not has nothing to do if he has a point or not. The thing is, I personally think this guy often has a point (but on the other hand he is often miles away from the reality). He doesn't sell his personal opinion as a fact, it's just what he thinks about a game. This whole video was more or less a rant about how alike many games are nowadays - open world filled with meaningless side quests and collectibles, a linear progression and towers to climb. It's what makes Ubisoft's games so succesful and bland. He is okay with people disagreeing with him, though.

He says that if you enjoyed Dead Island (which I did) you will most likely have fun with the game. If you didn't like Dead Island, this game is most likely not for you. And fps is quite important in a fast game, imo. That's a valid point to criticize. If you ever played Dark Souls, Blight Town was a nightmare because of the fps drops. There is nothing more frustrating than choppy fps and the input lag that comes with it.

Idk if he is fat or not, but he has a wife and kid. But I don't really know why you're bringing this up, being fat or not has nothing to do if he has a point or not. The thing is, I personally think this guy often has a point (but on the other hand he is often miles away from the reality). He doesn't sell his personal opinion as a fact, it's just what he thinks about a game. This whole video was more or less a rant about how alike many games are nowadays - open world filled with meaningless side quests and collectibles, a linear progression and towers to climb. It's what makes Ubisoft's games so succesful and bland. He is okay with people disagreeing with him, though.

He says that if you enjoyed Dead Island (which I did) you will most likely have fun with the game. If you didn't like Dead Island, this game is most likely not for you. And fps is quite important in a fast game, imo. That's a valid point to criticize. If you ever played Dark Souls, Blight Town was a nightmare because of the fps drops. There is nothing more frustrating than choppy fps and the input lag that comes with it.

I'm telling you I pictured a fat nerd, because of the unnecessary ranting, it's just a game not your marriage, you don't have to get that angry over a game, to the point where everyone can hear you spit blood. And a fat nerd is the closest thing I have in my imagination to someone screaming that he hates a game, while having finished it completely.

Plus I don't know about his other videos, I only watched his other review of 7 days to die alpha and I quite enjoyed it, he didn't strike me as a guy who would impose his own opinion in a review. Then he goes and calls a game a "piece of shit", "absolutely not worth a buy", "stupid", "not fun at all", and even calls the people who are having fun with it or remotely disagreeing with him "fanboys". I understand he must've received some troll comments from actual fanboys who get as angry as him over a game, but that doesn't mean I, as someone who is having fun with the game, is a "stupid fanboy".

There has been a fix since Day One for DL. You just have to reduce your line of sight a bit and the fps skyrockets to 50 on a normal mid/high tier rig. The game is remarkably well optimized while comparing it to the most recent AAA titles, I feel like it's unjust to call it a piece of shit game just because of one single default. I haven't seen a single texture pop, no crash, no weird lags on multiplayer. 

I absolutely hated Dead Island, the whole thing felt ridiculous to me (zombies with health bar ? really ?), repetitive to the max and clunky as hell. However, I'm enjoying DL, so that statement may be true but I don't recognize myself in it. 

Clunky combat, more repetitive than Dynasty Warriors, no day and night cycle (it's locked through quests), small world, no character variety, same person in multiplayer, and of course it being TECHland it has many TECH issues. 3/10

DI2 will have to do....maybe.

Combat gets more precise and efficient once you get some perks.

I don't get the repetitive part, once a game has mechanics like parkour in it, you're bound to do parkour all game long, just like when a game has driving in it guess what, you're bound to be driving all game long.

There is actually a day and night cycle, there's even a clock in the menu, it's not locked through quests, have you really played it though ?

The world has different zones that are unlocked when you advance in the story, plus to run from one end to the other of the first zone, that'll take you at least 20 minutes. By comparison, it'd take you like 40 in Skyrim. Plus all the hidden caves, facilities, houses (almost all houses are open), hidden areas... I believe saying DL is small is like the most false thing to blame in this game, it's just incorrect. Just saying. 

It's a FPS again, I don't understand why people would want to play different characters. It's not like you can mod the game to add sex animations, it's a first person game. Have you played Mirror's Edge ? Would you want to have other characters than Faith ? Of course not, because the whole game's story is about her. Plus again, what's the point in having a different character in a FPS ? Do you want to see black hands instead of white ones ? 

The mutliplayer now, yeah you get Kyle Crane again ... But so what ? You can't even see the other players properly most of time since they're moving too fast, it's not like a house game where you all sit in a couch and stare at each other for ages. The point is to be running all over the place killing zombies, having a different character in multiplayer is simply redundant and unnecessary. 

I've yet to see any "tech issue" in this game, except for the fps problem for which a youtuber has already found a temporary fix. I repeat, I have not seen a single issue in this game, after now 30 hours of playing. If you can name some, I'll say I got lucky and got spared any issue so far, maybe it's not the same for other players, I don't know. 

I get you may not like the game, and that's fine,  but your info makes you look like you haven't actually played it yet  :-/ 

I'm telling you I pictured a fat nerd, because of the unnecessary ranting, it's just a game not your marriage, you don't have to get that angry over a game, to the point where everyone can hear you spit blood. And a fat nerd is the closest thing I have in my imagination to someone screaming that he hates a game, while having finished it completely.

Plus I don't know about his other videos, I only watched his other review of 7 days to die alpha and I quite enjoyed it, he didn't strike me as a guy who would impose his own opinion in a review. Then he goes and calls a game a "piece of shit", "absolutely not worth a buy", "stupid", "not fun at all", and even calls the people who are having fun with it or remotely disagreeing with him "fanboys". I understand he must've received some troll comments from actual fanboys who get as angry as him over a game, but that doesn't mean I, as someone who is having fun with the game, is a "stupid fanboy".

There has been a fix since Day One for DL. You just have to reduce your line of sight a bit and the fps skyrockets to 50 on a normal mid/high tier rig. The game is remarkably well optimized while comparing it to the most recent AAA titles, I feel like it's unjust to call it a piece of shit game just because of one single default. I haven't seen a single texture pop, no crash, no weird lags on multiplayer. 

I absolutely hated Dead Island, the whole thing felt ridiculous to me (zombies with health bar ? really ?), repetitive to the max and clunky as hell. However, I'm enjoying DL, so that statement may be true but I don't recognize myself in it. 

That's fat-shaming dude, I'm calling the SJW police now.

Anyway, I think he went overboard with this video. It seemed more like a general rant towards the gaming industry and 'fanboys' than a review on Dying Light. The actual review was at the end where he said that if you liked Dead Island, this game is for you and if you don't, it probably isn't and everyone else should pick it up in a sale. That's a pretty reasonable statement imo, shame that the rest of the 'review' was what it was. That being said though, the steam forums are full of technical issues.

It's fine if you don't have any, but that doesn't mean that the game runs generally good. I personally had zero problems with the Dead Rising 3 port, but many others couldn't even play the game because it crashed every 5 minutes or refused to start.

Played it yesterday and today with my brother. The first hours was " yay parkour and killing zombies, woohoo " a couple of hours later " meh i'm bored ".

For me it has the same problem with Dead Rising / Dead Island games. It is too repetitive, got bored very fast.

Same old missions of going somewhere, pick something up or activating something, kill a bunch of zombies on the way, go back.

Same old missions of going somewhere, pick something up or activating something, kill a bunch of zombies on the way, go back.

Ummmmmmm..........?

You just described every game out there. LOL!!!   :P 

Your first sentence however is the key and what reviewers have all been saying all along, if you like DI, then you will like this game, if you don't like DI, then you won't. It all boils down to that.   ;)

lol Grega i know :P

But for example i can spend hundreds of hours on Skyrim, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Witcher, any Final Fantasy doing the same quests over and over again and i don't get bored.

On these games it's like mmo quests, go from A to B, kill stuff, go back, reward, repeat.

Played it yesterday and today with my brother. The first hours was " yay parkour and killing zombies, woohoo " a couple of hours later " meh i'm bored ".

For me it has the same problem with Dead Rising / Dead Island games. It is too repetitive, got bored very fast.

Ah I see what you mean, but speaking as a zombie game fanatic I can see the reason why it looks repetitive. I mean, your whole town is in a quarantine zone, you can't get out no matter what you do. People outside are infected with a variant of rabies. Meanwhile, you have a safe zone somewhere where the infected can't get in. From there, what's gonna happen is that you're going to get out of there from time to time, do small "missions" to get weapons and food, then get the fuck back to a safe zone before you get owned and it gets dark. Dying Light does just that, it's a zombie game so the repetitiveness is kind of the fabric brand. Yet in DL, I found the missions quite well done and interesting. You get to meet numerous colorful people, they do always ask you to "go pick stuff" or "kill something", but it's always done in a manner of which you get to see different places and complete the missions in different manners. I found it really realistic in that aspect. 

Doesn't look like North Africa or the Middle East to me. Looks more like Central America or Rio de Janeiro.

Syria now:

http://america.aljazeera.com/content/dam/ajam/images/articles_2014/07/syria_barrel_bomb_073114.jpg

http://dippost.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/syria.jpg

http://blogs.reuters.com/david-rohde/files/2013/06/syria-top.jpg

Syria before the current shitstorm:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/36/Aleppo_Panorama.jpg

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/148647790-souk-al-silah-shopping-centre-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=ttHUhK4fAY8CUSLdYuL1YtYQ%2BRkGhKktXILzWf5Fu5g%3D

Iran now:

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag332/DiscoverPersia18Nov2014/PA291273Abyanehvalley_zps945104c3.jpg

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag332/DiscoverPersia18Nov2014/PA291250sunriseoverAbyaneh_zps41cddbf1.jpg

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag332/DiscoverPersia18Nov2014/PA271047justanothermosque_zps85d4aa28.jpg

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag332/DiscoverPersia18Nov2014/PA240615Shapourigarden_zps4746e671.jpg

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag332/DiscoverPersia18Nov2014/PA200174Zoroastrianburialsite_zps77d1d262.jpg

Tunisia:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/15/Tunis_Bab_Souika_1899.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Tunisia_view_1890s2.jpg

http://travelandstories.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/tunisia-1.jpg

http://www.travelvivi.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Tunisia1.jpg

Rio de Janeiro:

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/03/9b/2e/03/rio-de-janeiro.jpg

https://realriodejaneiro.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/favela-2.jpg

Porto Alegre:

http://citiesprogramme.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Porto-Alegre_20100317_061.jpg

Maybe Sierra Leone?

Mostly, though, the place looks too damn nice to be most of Africa.

I don't get the repetitive part, once a game has mechanics like parkour in it, you're bound to do parkour all game long, just like when a game has driving in it guess what, you're bound to be driving all game long.

You mean like in HALO, where once you find a Warthog you never stop zooming around in Warthogs ...

... until about 15 seconds later when you hit an unusually large millipede and flip the thing over, or get it wedged between two trees ...

... and once you find a Scorpion it's tank warfare all the way ...

... to the broken door on the far side of the bridge, about 200m from where you started driving?

Hell, Plants vs Zombies has gameplay elements that come and go, like fog, the backyard pool and the angle of the roof.

That reviewer's accent? I think that's more Tyneside that Scotland. Hard to be sure these days, with people moving around so much and TV beaming Sydney, London, Manchester, Dallas, New York, Oslo, Los Angeles and Sudifricker accents into so many homes.

I found a mistake already just in the prologue. What I saw at the start was the MC performing what appears to be a H.A.L.O jump [high altitude, low open] which they screwed up as he opened his chute way to early for it to be a believable halo jump as the whole point of Halos is for stealth insertions. You open your chute as close to the ground as possible to avoid hostile forces seeing your chute.

I found a mistake already just in the prologue. What I saw at the start was the MC performing what appears to be a H.A.L.O jump [high altitude, low open] which they screwed up as he opened his chute way to early for it to be a believable halo jump as the whole point of Halos is for stealth insertions. You open your chute as close to the ground as possible to avoid hostile forces seeing your chute.

It's a matter of interpretation, I like to thing it was done on purpose as the jump was done in broad day light on a sunny day and all, and his mission was to, as you say, infiltrate. Making himself seen by everyone is a good way to find information and learn about what he's looking for quickly. Shit went down though as he fell right on a mob of angry mafia dudes. Him being seen from far away is actually mentioned by those mafia guys. There are more obvious inconsistencies in the story except for that though, like how well everyone is treating you even though you're a new guy (american on top of that), how everyone asks you to help them with their most intimate problems even if it's the first time they meet you, or why in the fuck would the richest man in town, or the governor candidate, could be present right there, just when the apocalypse happened, in the Slums of the city. That's not logical, why in the hell would the richest man in town have a house in the slums to begin with ? With that said it's just minor plot holes compared to how low grade bandits attack the Dragonborn daily even after everyone learns he has killed tons of dragons and even the World Eater... 

You mean like in HALO, where once you find a Warthog you never stop zooming around in Warthogs ...

... until about 15 seconds later when you hit an unusually large millipede and flip the thing over, or get it wedged between two trees ...

... and once you find a Scorpion it's tank warfare all the way ...

... to the broken door on the far side of the bridge, about 200m from where you started driving?

Hell, Plants vs Zombies has gameplay elements that come and go, like fog, the backyard pool and the angle of the roof.

That reviewer's accent? I think that's more Tyneside that Scotland. Hard to be sure these days, with people moving around so much and TV beaming Sydney, London, Manchester, Dallas, New York, Oslo, Los Angeles and Sudifricker accents into so many homes.

Halo is not an open world game. In gta your main method of transportation is driving ( there is flying and boating).

Two worlds 2, skyrim, fallout, oblivion it's walking.

I like the game. It's fun to play.