Best looking NPC overhaul

A lurker here, I just confirmed that JH NPC (Elf, Bandits, Fornsworn, Vampire, NPC, Donyaakin) and SOGS NPC (v.6) works on Skyrim Special Edition. Unfortunately I can't recommend the KZ Style NPC for SE (Vampire Male will make your game freeze, Orc mesh stretch, And elves also freeze your game especially Anoriath) but the children is fine for KZ Style.

The simple trick for fixing the dark faced when using SOGS and JH, just pick your most favorite one and make it overwrote the other (It's great if you can use MO but unfortunately i can't use MO).

Then Remove the overwritten NPC from the overwritten esp using TESVEDIT and make sure nothing will overwrite them (In simple case if you use Skyforge Shield mod, it will overwrite Ria and make her face gone dark) and Save.

And make sure you installed ECE v1.2 or later (CME is not necessary since SE can't use it without SKSE) and this mod Vampire Skin Color FIX. Use LOOT and make sure your load order is correct (For safety measure)

Open TESVEDIT Once more and load all your active esp (Use Shift+click for faster load).

Find ECE esp and look for RACE.

Copy as Override all of the race Except for Elves, Khajit, and Orc to the last esp you use (In my case it's Alternate Start - Live Another Life)

Then Find VSCF esp and look for RACE.

Copy as override Elves race to the last esp you use.

And Save.

This is my Load Order.

SRX NPC as base

SOGS

TKAA

JH NPC (all of them except companion)

Improved Bards Skyrim

BIJIN AIO

Hope this simple tutorial will helps.

Edit : Using ECE Race for override will break male vampire texture and make them black. Change it back manually using SSEEdit for the 4 human race vampire (Nord, Imperial, Breton, and Redguard)

Did you convert the meshes for SSE, as well as save the .ESP's in the new CK? That could solve your issues with KZ.

Did you convert the meshes for SSE, as well as save the .ESP's in the new CK? That could solve your issues with KZ.

No. there is no need for converting the meshes with Optimizer. Just follow the step above carefully.

this is my newly updated NPC Mod.

Ethereal Elven Overhaul

Better Males

Men of Winter

Metalsaber NPC

SRX NPC

TKAA

The Ordinary Women

JH Mods (w/o companion)*

SBF

BIJIN AIO

It cover almost 90% NPC in skyrim. Oh also you can make a new .esp file instead of overwrite them on another mod .esp it will be increasing your .esp file though.

*On bandit female.esp you need to remove the new added guard NPC if you using Skyrim Special edition and remove them from leveled list or you will get CTD.

Is there a simple (haha simple) way to get the NPCs in one room to check for errors, the way some of you are displaying them?

there's only my txt

and i won't complete them

170904072114820763.jpg

think he forgot (there's a lot of useless heads in facegendata, it's huge with hairs mod)

170904072116205237.jpg

why bother for a npc you will only see once during his quest

170904072132644043.jpg

don't have to check them either, they can just use redguard bandits heads

170904072135940652.jpg

game pick head that load stuff from template -> game pick template that load a random head

bye bye the version with a shield, 2 hands or whatever

170904072136452508.jpg

there's 3 femalehair draugr, 3 malehair and 3 beards

so it's 9 npcs, for mele 1h 1,2,3,4,5,6, mele 2h 1,2,3,4,5,6, missile 1,2,3,4,5,6, ambush 1,2,3,4,5,6...

-> hundreds of useless npcs (you can't find the stuff that load them in your load order if you don't delete them)

• 2 weeks later...

There is a overhaul for Non-named NPC for SSE? maybe here is not the place to ask this but just trying :b

I tried with KZ/Bandit female, and both cause the game to get stuck at some specific .NIF faces, so i had to remove them :(

This could interest you: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9886/?, check the image section.

wow thanks for that, didn't know this existed

There is a overhaul for Non-named NPC for SSE? maybe here is not the place to ask this but just trying :b

I tried with KZ/Bandit female, and both cause the game to get stuck at some specific .NIF faces, so i had to remove them :(

This could interest you: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9886/?, check the image section.

Me neither and I tend to take a look at the what's new option a couple of times a day, there again I missed ece popping up for special edition as well.

Me neither and I tend to take a look at the what's new option a couple of times a day, there again I missed ece popping up for special edition as well.

Man i love SKSE64 now, it literally have no problems for me and ECE is so good, works perfectly, even you can use old presets of Oldrim and it will work there too

Man i love SKSE64 now, it literally have no problems for me and ECE is so good, works perfectly, even you can use old presets of Oldrim and it will work there too

True, but I have always found racemenu easier to use, but there again there was always something that kinda put me off ece, can not really explain what either it is just ermm, yeh.

Though with skse64, I think I may well wait till it at least hits beta before installing anything that requires it, though to be honest it does not really matter as I am building a huge merged weapons pack and till that is done only really playing around as when it is finished it will free up about 30-40 esps, including the vis patches for them, and should remove a crap load of world edits and scripts that the various weapons mods use to give to npc and to the various locations in game.

Is there an overhaul that ONLY does Generic NPCs appearances like Bandits, Guards, Witches, etc? Sorry if there was already an answer to this; my searching has only led me to finding overhauls that affect more than just generic NPCs and/or changed how they function.

Are you still looking for?

https://m.blog.naver.com/sidearmf93/90190941021

This mod replaces just these Bandits, Guards, Witches etc but bandits redgard.

It's Korean website but you just need download links at bottoms.

SGhair and SG Female Brows  are required.

And this replaces  female bandits only, but bandits redgard are included.
It's Japanese website, just download Bandit face fix. no mod required, but there hairs are vanilla. 
Google translation might be use of.

Just an info for anyone, if isn't posted already, SOGS v6 is on steam lol http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=863491899

I'm so happy i don't have to bother with those things on baidu

Hey, thanks for the heads up. I have a question though. Did you experience any brown face bug from this mod, and if so what did you do to fix it?

i didn't atm, anyways i use other overhauls too, so i deleted some Refs on SOGS.esp with TES5Edit

Just an info for anyone, if isn't posted already, SOGS v6 is on steam lol http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=863491899

I'm so happy i don't have to bother with those things on baidu

Hey, thanks for the heads up. I have a question though. Did you experience any brown face bug from this mod, and if so what did you do to fix it?

i didn't atm, anyways i use other overhauls too, so i deleted some Refs on SOGS.esp with TES5Edit

Ah okay. I'm still a little green with TES5Edit, so I'm avoiding SOGS at the moment and just using NPC Transfer Tools.

took some time to find how to get rid of the hairs in the head nifs

17093003223377508.jpg

170930032219274692.jpg

170930032221169863.jpg

same can be done to pubes instead of putting that in the head nif

170930032239110655.jpg

170930032247468105.jpg

170930032456770525.jpg

170930032509963628.jpg

170930032528719616.jpg

170930033822343525.jpg

170930033825998816.jpg

170930033825614829.jpg

170930033824235631.jpg

and the does it stay test

170930034513647924.jpg

170930032646191781.jpg

17093003264155516.jpg

170930032631585912.jpg

time to renumber sofiarace to nordrace and delete... only problems those custom races

170930032650666361.jpg

didn't revert back

170930035110408582.jpg

formlist property hairfemale auto
formlist property hairmale auto

function Onload()

headpart gnd
    int i = utility.randomint(0,4)
    actor actorref = self.GetCasterActor() as actor
    actorbase npc = actorref.getactorbase() as actorbase
    int sex = npc.getsex()
    if sex ==1
           gnd = hairfemale.getat(i) as headpart
    else
        gnd = hairmale.getat(i) as headpart
    endif
    actorref.changeheadpart(gnd)

endFunction

random hairs on npc? nothing complicated

170930113937878433.jpg

difference between elisif and erikur?

elisif have markhumanoidnohair, that have an hairline mesh, because it's small, just to get a mesh called "hair" in the nif

the hairs that are distribute to npc all have editorid "hair"

so if you replace "hair" with "hair", game now want "hair" instead of "hair" in the head nif, that is in the head nif, and there's no problem

170930114013453165.jpg

170930113941548869.jpg

don't know why the guards are fine (use trait?)

170930114647318065.jpg

170930114037854733.jpg

170930114105325465.jpg

170930113928334124.jpg

170930114204937336.jpg

170930114205599867.jpg

170930114232508749.jpg

17093011423341584.jpg

next step is to teach those npc how to wear something else from time to time

No. there is no need for converting the meshes with Optimizer. Just follow the step above carefully.

Ethereal Elven Overhaul

Better Males

Men of Winter

Metalsaber NPC

SRX NPC

TKAA

The Ordinary Women

JH Mods (w/o companion)*

SBF

BIJIN AIO

It cover almost 90% NPC in skyrim. Oh also you can make a new .esp file instead of overwrite them on another mod .esp it will be increasing your .esp file though.

*On bandit female.esp you need to remove the new added guard NPC if you using Skyrim Special edition and remove them from leveled list or you will get CTD.

So how did you get this to work? My understanding is that JH requires ECE but that conflicts with EEO. I'd like to use both but thought I'd have to either have better looking elves, or a few good looking elves and a bunch of ugly ones.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2017 at 8:50 AM, Xeraphim1 said:

So how did you get this to work? My understanding is that JH requires ECE but that conflicts with EEO. I'd like to use both but thought I'd have to either have better looking elves, or a few good looking elves and a bunch of ugly ones.

Actually it won't conflict with either EEO or JH IF you follow the steps that i post before this. Don't use ECE slider one since Script Extender not fully out of Alpha yet. Select the NPC that you want. Remove NPCs that conflict with another and manually sort the NPC as you see fit (LOOT messed up my order, so...)

So far i didn't met any grey faced NPC in my 50+ hrs playthrough. Try it first and see what happen.

Edit : Found a Grey faced elf in boethiah shrine will see what caused it.

• 1 month later...
On 9/4/2017 at 4:56 PM, cryingbanshee said:

Ethereal Elven Overhaul

Better Males

Men of Winter

Metalsaber NPC

SRX NPC

TKAA

The Ordinary Women

JH Mods (w/o companion)*

SBF

BIJIN AIO

Edit: Using ECE Race for override will break male vampire texture and make them black. Change it back manually using SSEEdit for the 4 human race vampire (Nord, Imperial, Breton, and Redguard)

So do I still need to copy the ECE race to the bottom of my load or is this problem only happen in SSE? can you let me know which race from ECE do I need to copy? also, do I need to replace the HDT file inside JH NPC (children)?

On 12/1/2017 at 11:07 AM, thomastm said:

Edit: Using ECE Race for override will break male vampire texture and make them black. Change it back manually using SSEEdit for the 4 human race vampire (Nord, Imperial, Breton, and Redguard)

So do I still need to copy the ECE race to the bottom of my load or is this problem only happen in SSE? can you let me know which race from ECE do I need to copy? also, do I need to replace the HDT file inside JH NPC (children)?

Since SKSE64 alpha is out you don't need to copy the 'race' from ECE (Use the original ECE from Special Edition). However you need to remove non elven and orc vampire race from Vampire face fix. Use XPMSE for HDT and yes you can copy the HDT file inside JH Children (but why you want a jiggly small children?)