View File

Hi!

This MOD adds a conversion of the popular Oblivion's Underworld armor created by zertual for 7B and should be compatible for UNP.

3 Part armor:

- Torso;
- Gauntlets;
- Boots.

The torso has a darker arms/pants variant, showcased in the screenshots. Craft under Ebony.

Showcase video kindly created by AbubuTV:

More screenshots and alternative steam installation at: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=372370506

Notes:
- This is not a port from the LadyBody version.
- If you found any bug, please report it so I can look at it.
- If you have any suggestion, please use the comments.

Credits and many thanks to:
zertual for the Oblivion Underworld armor;
Seveninty for 7B;
Dimon99 for UNP;
SMCO for texture optimization;
Nightasy for 3DSMax tutorials;
Abubu for the Showcase video;
Nifskope;
3DSMAX;
PAINT.Net;
Creation Kit;

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/19/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    Skyrim; XPMS;
  • Special Edition Compatible

The original is male only I believe, but adding it to this armor as female is no big deal. No my cup of tea, but 15 minutes should be enough to make it work in Skyrim so I'll take the task.

Let's make this way: I will port it, take a couple of screenshots, post here and if you like the final result it can be released as an alternative download.

new armor has some problem....

The name of bsa must be same as the name of esp

so esp could read the bsa.

That's the problem of working with two esps, I made a mistake with the esp name for the steam and tried to fix it for LL... thanks Xuniana, again I messed up, again you found the error :)

Proper file uploaded just now.

new armor has some problem....

The name of bsa must be same as the name of esp

so esp could read the bsa.

That's the problem of working with two esps, I made a mistake with the esp name for the steam and tried to fix it for LL... thanks Xuniana, again I messed up, again you found the error :)

Proper file uploaded just now.

http://xuniana.tumblr.com/post/108653399116/colette-follower-v1-0-by-mo-bear-with-shadow

:) I have some pics of your great armor

Glad it is now fixed. :)

The helmet should be done yet today in an alternative download.

P.S - Great screenshots as always Xuniana, thanks for the beautiful armor showcase! I'll link my blog to them as they are far better than mine. :)

The only issues I see in that is the back of the helm being rigged to some of the lower bones which creates this strange flexible metal at the back of the head and that the mesh isn't double sided. First one is easy to fix and second one used to be fixed by adding a property to the nif file with NifSkope or at least it used to be that way in Oblivion.

The only issues I see in that is the back of the helm being rigged to some of the lower bones which creates this strange flexible metal at the back of the head and that the mesh isn't double sided. First one is easy to fix and second one used to be fixed by adding a property to the nif file with NifSkope or at least it used to be that way in Oblivion.

The helm is rigged to the head bones only, not to the body. The alternative, removing the "neck" influence, would cause clipping. The mesh is double sided, but has an alpha property that cause some transparency depending on the light.

I'll upload anyway and you can check for yourself, no problem.

Ok I tried them out. Keep in mind that I'm not trying to be annoying here, I'm just giving you feedback, I'm not purposefully looking for small details to bitch about even though it may seem that way at times :D

-the inventory 3d previews (the models you can rotate while in your inventory) aren't centered correctly above the item card, some appear even bellow the item card

-there's some clipping between the top part of the short skirt and the and the bottom part of the armor.

-as is the case with most armors that have those skirt-cape things hanging from the waist in the back the skirt-cape looks a bit stiff when moving (HDT physics on it would look amazing though)

-specular levels seem to be the same for the arm chainmail and the more reflective chest armor/pauldrons, I'd reduce it on the chainmail a bit

-the helmet looks like it doesn't get properly lit in certain lighting conditions when inside, I think it has something to do with multiple light sources: http://i.imgur.com/oEZerSF.jpg

PS: really digging the overall armor though and apart from the lighting issue I mentioned the helms looks awesome. I'll open up the ESP tomorrow to make sure the keywords on the armor are the right ones and then run it through the ReProccer so it's on par with the other ebony-tier armors in the game. I'll report back with any oddities.

Ok I tried them out. Keep in mind that I'm not trying to be annoying here, I'm just giving you feedback, I'm not purposefully looking for small details to bitch about even though it may seem that way at times :D

-the inventory 3d previews (the models you can rotate while in your inventory) aren't centered correctly above the item card, some appear even bellow the item card

-there's some clipping between the top part of the short skirt and the and the bottom part of the armor.

-as is the case with most armors that have those skirt-cape things hanging from the waist in the back the skirt-cape looks a bit stiff when moving (HDT physics on it would look amazing though)

-specular levels seem to be the same for the arm chainmail and the more reflective chest armor/pauldrons, I'd reduce it on the chainmail a bit

-the helmet looks like it doesn't get properly lit in certain lighting conditions when inside, I think it has something to do with multiple light sources: http://i.imgur.com/oEZerSF.jpg

PS: really digging the overall armor though and apart from the lighting issue I mentioned the helms looks awesome. I'll open up the ESP tomorrow to make sure the keywords on the armor are the right ones and then run it through the ReProccer so it's on par with the other ebony-tier armors in the game. I'll report back with any oddities.

No problem, I appreciate constructive criticism and suggestions are always welcome! :D

- the Inventory displays: that is because the inventory models are the same models for wearing, not collision-ground models. In the first conversions I've made, I created ground models as well but eventually figure it out that users didn't care for that, and the created nifs usually double the meshes file size, so it is a choice, and a lazy disk space-saver one. The ground models are not hard to create, but my perception is that no one really cares about that.

- the clipping: I'm using custom animations, could you provide a screenshot of the issue?

- Skirt-cape: yep, HDT is the way to go for those kind of meshes: skirts, capes, loins... there were some advances to make the method more simple, so it could be near... ;)

- the lightning levels are the same for all the armor pieces, didn't tweak that yet. That's something I can adjust, of course.

- mask issues: yes, the front part helmet looks great in some interiors and totally dark on others. That's weird, but probably some problem with the way the mesh is processing the normal textures and something I'm aiming to fix.

If you have any suggestions regarding stats, value or anything else, I'm all ears.

Thanks again for the feedback. :)

Ok, you didn't add the VendorItemArmor (no idea what it does) to all the armors and the PerkFistsEbony to the gauntlets (for that hand to hand perk nobody ever uses in vanilla). I'll look into getting some screenshots showing the clipping.

The VendorItemArmor tag allows you to sell the armor to a merchant; without the tag, the armor is not displayed in the sell/buy window when you interact with a vendor. I don't use that tag to avoid selling by mistake. And because I don't know how to set prices... ;)

The fist perk is kinda useless too, the only time I have used it is in an unreleased claw wolverine-style. I can add it without much problem too.

The VendorItemArmor tag allows you to sell the armor to a merchant; without the tag, the armor is not displayed in the sell/buy window when you interact with a vendor. I don't use that tag to avoid selling by mistake. And because I don't know how to set prices... ;)

Failing to add this keyword will only prevent it from showing for sale at armor merchants (blacksmiths).  It will still show up at general goods merchants at whatever price it's set to.  And it can obviously be sold to any merchant if you have the Merchant Speech perk.

Also, the files appear to be damaged.  I can't open either archive with the latest non-beta version of 7zip.

Failing to add this keyword will only prevent it from showing for sale at armor merchants (blacksmiths).  It will still show up at general goods merchants at whatever price it's set to.  And it can obviously be sold to any merchant if you have the Merchant Speech perk.

Also, the files appear to be damaged.  I can't open either archive with the latest non-beta version of 7zip.

Thanks for the explanations, didn't notice as I usually craft and try to sell to the blacksmith - makes sense. I will research a way to avoid selling it anyway :D

About the damaged 7zip, I am unsure, others have downloaded and works. Could be what Mickster is stating, a LL problem.