Help me pick a house (please)

speckledsnake

As title suggests, I'm trying to decide on a home. The last time I was playing Skyrim, I used Whiterun Mansion, which I generally liked a lot. Now that I've returned, I've tried a few, but have had issues with each. Maybe some of you could give me suggestions based on my grocery list?

Can someone tell me if a housing mod exists with:

-All crafting stations - forge, tanning rack, alchemy table, etc. (Specialty stations (Skyforge, eg) are a bonus, but not necessary).

-Multiple beds - At least 2+ in addition to my own bed (I have a growing collection of followers).

-Unique guards/vendors (like Whiterun Mansion and Underground Bathhouse have) (bonus points for the option to control what they wear - I noticed this feature in Underground Bathhouse, but I'm not sure if that was from the mod itself or from Amazing Follower Tweaks).

-Auto-sort storage.

-Hot tub or sauna area (Whiterun Mansion was a bummer in this regard - I think it was because the hot tub there is outside of the house (cell?) itself, my followers would never use it unless I made them follow me outside) (bonus points if it also includes an auto disrobe/redress function (I don't think there's any kind of mod/script for system-wide enforcement of making NPCs take off their 50 lb chain mail before swimming, though if there is, please let me know)).

-Well-rested bonus on my bed.

-Training dummies/archery range/etc.

-Lighting from outside (sunlight/moonlight coming in through windows/holes/crevices/etc).

-Indoor greenhouse, outdoor farming area, or both (for planting/harvesting).

-Not exorbitantly huge (not a deal-breaker, but Underground Bathhouse eg was suuuuuper huge and not really my thing). Big is fine, just rather not use something insanely large.

Underground Bathhouse was pretty close to ideal, except 1. I gave up on trying to find the alleged control room that let me adjust interior brightness (it was super dark with RealVision ENB), and, 2. its so huge that it was sort of unwieldy. Whiterun Mansion was pretty close to ideal, except nobody ever used the indoor bathing area, or the outside hot tub, no planting options, and a few other things that I can't recall off the top of my head.

In addition - I have searched, but can't find, a mod that would allow my followers to stay within the general area of my home. It would be pretty sweet to come back after a day of killing crap to find one of my followers outside picking stuff from a garden or catching bugs or whatever. This is irrelevant for homes that are placed within their own area, like Underground Bathhouse, but would be awesome for a place like Whiterun Mansion. Is there such a thing?

I'm grateful for any suggestions for a house that meets most or all of these desires, and/or a house that can be tuned to meet most or all of these features with the addition of an additional mod or patch. Thanks ahead of time.

Leaf Rest, give it a try. It's beautiful, it's in Riverwood and it has most of the features you want. 

Holy hell. I skipped right past this, clicking around on different mods, trying to find a good one. This looks fantastic.

I'm installing this to try out right now, regardless of your reply, but - do you happen to know the maximum number of additional (aka follower) beds possible?

Thank you so much for the response!

Edit: This is absolutely perfect. Thanks again.

Elysium Estate is one you might want to check out.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33939/?

Checked this one out, actually. I can't remember why I decided against it - there were certain features I was looking for that it didn't have. It does look good though.

There's a lot of good house mods, Shizuka and tarl7 already suggested two good ones, so here's my suggestions...

Elianora's House Mods (Any of them)

Morskom Estate

Riverside Lodge

Mammoth Manor

Seapoint Settlement (It adds a nice little village near Solitude with a cozy player home)

Seapoint Settlement looks pretty interesting, even if just to add the settlement. Have you used it? If so, have you found it to be pretty stable?

Elysium Estate is one you might want to check out.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33939/?

Checked this one out, actually. I can't remember why I decided against it - there were certain features I was looking for that it didn't have. It does look good though.

There's a lot of good house mods, Shizuka and tarl7 already suggested two good ones, so here's my suggestions...

Elianora's House Mods (Any of them)

Morskom Estate

Riverside Lodge

Mammoth Manor

Seapoint Settlement (It adds a nice little village near Solitude with a cozy player home)

Seapoint Settlement looks pretty interesting, even if just to add the settlement. Have you used it? If so, have you found it to be pretty stable?

Yes, I'm using Seapoint Settlement, and it works pretty good for me, no issues whatsoever !!!

Guest Vendayn

Seapoint Settlement looks awesome.

Leaf Rest looks good, but I am going to definitely avoid that one. I dunno if Seapoint is script heavy (probably is, but at least its in a BSA file)...but Leaf Rest has a TON of scripts. I don't like that. I'm not interested in breaking my Skyrim since it is completely working as is. :P

On top of that, I would have at least given it consideration...except its based in Riverwood. The issue with that...Riverwood is already in a HUGE scripted area with the main quest, and a lot of other mods being based around there already. Heck, even in a completely vanilla game on the console...Riverwood is already really script heavy as it is.

At least seapoint is in an area with few scripts, and very few mods are based in that area.

Seapoint Settlement looks awesome.

Leaf Rest looks good, but I am going to definitely avoid that one. I dunno if Seapoint is script heavy (probably is, but at least its in a BSA file)...but Leaf Rest has a TON of scripts. I don't like that. I'm not interested in breaking my Skyrim since it is completely working as is. :P

On top of that, I would have at least given it consideration...except its based in Riverwood. The issue with that...Riverwood is already in a HUGE scripted area with the main quest, and a lot of other mods being based around there already. Heck, even in a completely vanilla game on the console...Riverwood is already really script heavy as it is.

At least seapoint is in an area with few scripts, and very few mods are based in that area.

Yes...Leaf Rest is a very script heavy mod, that's why I've stopped using and changed to Riverside Lodge, it's a lot less intensive and is a very nice player home as well !!!

While it lacks a large greenhouse area, and has no training dummies I've found that the safe house from Dragonborn Gallery is the house mod that I seem to like the best.  This is a huge mod that adds tons of features including a ton of new weapons/armor & quests. Getting access to the house requires some front end work, it isn't just there for your use without effort. You have to get 50 items in the gallery before you get the key. This isn't as hard as it sounds as you can get 9 just by running to the temple and activating each of the shrines once, and then going to the Shrine of Talos in Whiterun gets the tenth. Simple things like the Guardian Stones are three more, the dragon stone, just about any unique item will be added. The Oath Blade, Red Eagle's Bane, Valdr's Lucky Dagger, any simple to get unique item will work, also there are now large sections for books, and the books count as displays. 

Alternately, if you want something to complement this or that simply has a larger section for plants Heljarchen Farm is nice, and it works well with the Hearthfire Heljarchen house.

Archived