Eowyn of Rohan CME Save for ECE - Importing textures to Racemenu

Findri

I Updated the ECE model to the 2nd version, you can download it in this post

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/40971-eowyn-of-rohan-cme-save-for-ece-importing-textures-to-racemenu/?p=1081907

For an Importing guide to RaceMenu last version read instructions below by guk and Dubhorizon .... making emphasys on this post:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/40971-eowyn-of-rohan-cme-save-for-ece-importing-textures-to-racemenu/#entry1028563 

Hi guys, I thought you would help me in this one, I found this mod on nexus that adds LOTR followers to skyrim, galadriel, arwen and eowyn

post-58324-0-68510500-1419602117_thumb.png

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30938/?

Since then I wanted to roleplay Eowyn in the game as main character.... I got the textures here.... but does anyone know how to import textures to ECE/CME?  mabye even Racemenu but I would preffer ECE ...

If anyone got a guide or method I would be so thankful if you post them... Thank you in advance guys!

post-58324-0-28610400-1419602346_thumb.jpg post-58324-0-20714400-1419602362_thumb.jpg

With Racemenu it's pretty easy. You can either find the facegeom of eowyn and import it in Racemenu with nif importer. If that doesn't work you can use the racemenu mimic plugin to copy the face to your character. I strongly suggest you make the leap to the racemenu side. The beta version (soon to be released) with sculpt mode is vastly superior to the outdated ECE.

With Racemenu it's pretty easy. You can either find the facegeom of eowyn and import it in Racemenu with nif importer. If that doesn't work you can use the racemenu mimic plugin to copy the face to your character. I strongly suggest you make the leap to the racemenu side. The beta version (soon to be released) with sculpt mode is vastly superior to the outdated ECE.

I've heard that, I been considering my self going back to use Racemenu ... what is face geom?? is there a guide to use racemenu mimic plugin 

First download Racemenu from here http://www.loverslab.com/topic/39343-racemenu-v3b/?p=1024712

go in-game and in racemenu go to sculpt mode. Check the folders it uses to import the heads from. Now exit game and for the facegeom download the mod and look at meshes/actors/character/facegendata/facegeom/whatever.esp/Eowins's.nif file. copy paste it in the folder Racemenu imports heads from and check in-game. If you do all that and you can't import the nif due to incompatibilities

go for the racemenu mimic plugin. If you look at the Racemenu nexus page it says to use console to spawn the face copy spell to your hand. so first type bring up the skyrim console and type help eowyn. It will give you a code for the npc. Then type player.placeatme

. Close console now and a clone of Eowin should appear next to you. bring up the console again and type help "face copy". it will give you another code. type player.equipspell [spellcode] left. now you will have the face copy spell on your left hand. use it on Eowin next to you to copy her face. If you want to make any more adjustments use sculpt mode to perfect it. 

First download Racemenu from here http://www.loverslab.com/topic/39343-racemenu-v3b/?p=1024712

go in-game and in racemenu go to sculpt mode. Check the folders it uses to import the heads from. Now exit game and for the facegeom download the mod and look at meshes/actors/character/facegendata/facegeom/whatever.esp/Eowins's.nif file. copy paste it in the folder Racemenu imports heads from and check in-game. If you do all that and you can't import the nif due to incompatibilities

go for the racemenu mimic plugin. If you look at the Racemenu nexus page it says to use console to spawn the face copy spell to your hand. so first type bring up the skyrim console and type help eowyn. It will give you a code for the npc. Then type player.placeatme

. Close console now and a clone of Eowin should appear next to you. bring up the console again and type help "face copy". it will give you another code. type player.equipspell [spellcode] left. now you will have the face copy spell on your left hand. use it on Eowin next to you to copy her face. If you want to make any more adjustments use sculpt mode to perfect it. 

I'll download it and give it a try for Eowyn textures then, Thank you a lot for repliying!

If you just want the RaceMenu part, skip to Step 2: RaceMenu.
But if you want an exact player version of this follower, we might need a bit more.

The cloning only works with RaceMenu Beta 3 or higher!

Cloning any custom NPC / Follower mod to the player:

Step 1: Windows Explorer & Mod Manager

First we need a vanilla race dummy: Custom Races. This will allow you to be recognized by the game as a vanilla race, while using the custom files from the follower.

Please refer to the mod page on details how to install and use it.

Unpack both the follower mod and the custom races mod in the same windows folder.
Copy all the requires files as described below:

Essentially you need to copy any body meshes and textures, makeup, complexion and so on from the follower to the correct folder of the Custom Races mod. Since you want Eowyn, i suggest using the High Elf custom race.
Make sure that ALL required files as in the Custom Races mod description are present. If anything of that is not provided in the follower mod just fill it up with dummy files from your vanilla races.

Most likely the follower mod has no textures for freckles, makeup and so on included because for NPCs only a combined "facetint" is saved.
So check the credits on the follower mod page which exact mods were used to create the face. You will have to adjust that manually later on.

If you use any complete overhauls like SkyRe or Requiem, you have to find a patch for Custom Races or a similar mod that is compatible.

Now rename the Custom Races archive you just edited (like Custom Races - Eowyn High Elf), then create an archive from it with 7-zip.
Install this as a mod with MO / NMM.

Step 2: RaceMenu 3

Before we launch the game, there is one last thing to do in Windows. Go to the unpacked follower mod's archive and navigate here:
 /meshes/actors/FaceGenData/FaceGeom/ <modname.esp>

If there is one file with a cryptic name like "0000067A.nif", copy it to this folder inside your Skyrim installation:
 .../Data/SKSE/plugins/CharGen

Rename it to Eowyn.nif.
In case there is more than one file, just copy the entire folder <modname.esp> into the CharGen folder.

Now start the game (hopefully with LaL).
Change Sex to Female.
Select the Custom High Elf race.
For the next steps, a few pictures will help to understand (note that the final result is just some fun i made in 2 minutes)
post-134589-0-24112800-1419615107_thumb.jpgpost-134589-0-95320600-1419615117_thumb.jpgpost-134589-0-28782200-1419615126_thumb.jpgpost-134589-0-79918000-1419615135_thumb.jpgpost-134589-0-95606800-1419615146_thumb.jpgpost-134589-0-51890700-1419615157_thumb.jpg

(Optional) If you want everything to look perfect, find out which exact WEIGHT the follower has and set that on your character.

1. Enter Sculpt mode, and disable Visibility of the Hair (bottom right)
  2. Scroll the brush tool to "Mask Add" (below character in the pic), increase brush radius to 1, then paint along the bottom row of the neck (left in dark blue)
  3. Click "Import Head" and find the .nif you want to import
  4. Confirm the selection - only "Hair" entries can be shown in RED, if something like "Eyes" don't have a green match the head mesh is corrupt
  5. If everything went right, you now have the exact head of the follower
  6. Crazy Hulk woman!

RaceMenu Mimic Plugin:

For sake of completeness, i'll write down how this works too.

The mimic plugin only works properly when your character has exactly the same race and gender like the target NPC. No exceptions, or the results will vary from glitches to catastrophic alien heads.
To use it, open the console with the key left to the "1" on your keyboard (~ or ^ depending on system language), then enter the following (with quotation marks):

help "face copy"

The console will answer something like this:

SPEL: (12345678) 'Face Copy'

So you take the number code the console told you, enter the following line and replace the 12345678 with that number code:

player.equipspell 12345678 left

Now target any NPC of your race+gender and cast the spell with the right mousebutton. Inspect your character in 3rd person to make sure everything is transferred, then enter /showracemenu and save the preset.

If you just want the RaceMenu part, skip to Step 2: RaceMenu.

But if you want an exact player version of this follower, we might need a bit more.

Cloning any custom NPC / Follower mod to the player:

Step 1: Windows Explorer & Mod Manager

First we need a vanilla race dummy: Custom Races. This will allow you to be recognized by the game as a vanilla race, while using the custom files from the follower.

Please refer to the mod page on details how to install and use it.

Unpack both the follower mod and the custom races mod in the same windows folder.

Copy all the requires files as described below:

Essentially you need to copy any body meshes and textures, makeup, complexion and so on from the follower to the correct folder of the Custom Races mod. Since you want Eowyn, i suggest using the High Elf custom race.

Make sure that ALL required files as in the Custom Races mod description are present. If anything of that is not provided in the follower mod just fill it up with dummy files from your vanilla races.

Most likely the follower mod has no textures for freckles, makeup and so on included because for NPCs only a combined "facetint" is saved.

So check the credits on the follower mod page which exact mods were used to create the face. You will have to adjust that manually later on.

If you use any complete overhauls like SkyRe or Requiem, you have to find a patch for Custom Races or a similar mod that is compatible.

Now rename the Custom Races archive you just edited (like Custom Races - Eowyn High Elf), then create an archive from it with 7-zip.

Install this as a mod with MO / NMM.

Step 2: RaceMenu

Before we launch the game, there is one last thing to do in Windows. Go to the unpacked follower mod's archive and navigate here:

/meshes/actors/FaceGenData/FaceGeom/ <modname.esp>

If there is one file with a cryptic name like "0000067A.nif", copy it to this folder inside your Skyrim installation:

.../Data/SKSE/plugins/CharGen

Rename it to Eowyn.nif.

In case there is more than one file, just copy the entire folder <modname.esp> into the CharGen folder.

Now start the game (hopefully with LaL).

Change Sex to Female.

Select the Custom High Elf race.

For the next steps, a few pictures will help to understand (note that the final result is just some fun i made in 2 minutes)

attachicon.gifenb 2014_12_26 18_13_58_08.jpgattachicon.gifenb 2014_12_26 18_14_34_92.jpgattachicon.gifenb 2014_12_26 18_15_15_00.jpgattachicon.gifenb 2014_12_26 18_15_27_98.jpgattachicon.gifenb 2014_12_26 18_15_34_96.jpgattachicon.gifenb 2014_12_26 18_23_51_02.jpg

(Optional) If you want everything to look perfect, find out which exact WEIGHT the follower has and set that on your character.

1. Enter Sculpt mode, and disable Visibility of the Hair (bottom right)
  2. Scroll the brush tool to "Mask Add" (below character in the pic), increase brush radius to 1, then paint along the bottom row of the neck (left in dark blue)
  3. Click "Import Head" and find the .nif you want to import
  4. Confirm the selection - only "Hair" entries can be shown in RED, if something like "Eyes" don't have a green match the head mesh is corrupt
  5. If everything went right, you now have the exact head of the follower
  6. Crazy Hulk woman!

RaceMenu Mimic Plugin:

For sake of completeness, i'll write down how this works too.

The mimic plugin only works properly when your character has exactly the same race and gender like the target NPC. No exceptions, or the results will vary from glitches to catastrophic alien heads.

To use it, open the console with the key left to the "1" on your keyboard (~ or ^ depending on system language), then enter the following (with quotation marks):

help "face copy"

The console will answer something like this:

SPEL: (12345678) 'Face Copy'

So you take the number code the console told you, enter the following line and replace the 12345678 with that number code:

player.equipspell 12345678 left

Now target any NPC of your race+gender and cast the spell with the right mousebutton. Inspect your character in 3rd person to make sure everything is transferred, then enter /showracemenu and save the preset.

Ty! I'm following your guide right now. Will post the results

Indeed... the face mimic on standard races just mess up, it needs to be on a custom race... facegeom/sculp nif import works better  IMO but I got to set the custom race first.... I am just catching up on Racemenu.... this custom race thing is a little complex to me yet so I got to get used to it first.... made some progress I'll try to finish tomorrow TY guys for help and advices gonna post results soon.... as well my Screenshot capture is messed up....  the photo viewer says file is corrupted or it is too large....  I took some shots in windowed screen

At the same time I tried to recreate Eowyn on ECE:  here are the results of that atempt

post-58324-0-26321000-1419648886_thumb.jpg

cya later guys

Haha - guess i'm an old ignorant fool for confusing Eowyn and Arwen.

I decided to load up Arwen in my game just for fun. Importing her head on an EEO High Elf turned out to be a bad idea, because none of the elven brows and hairstyles fit her head.

Nevertheless, this how i started out:

post-134589-0-51326800-1419656110_thumb.jpg

A few minutes later, rocking the Aether Suite:

post-134589-0-47171900-1419656436_thumb.jpgpost-134589-0-63641700-1419656269_thumb.jpgpost-134589-0-37986500-1419656375_thumb.jpg

NSFW:

post-134589-0-38808800-1419656519_thumb.jpgpost-134589-0-66661800-1419656570_thumb.jpgpost-134589-0-95707200-1419656664_thumb.jpg

Mind you that i am not using the custom races thing at all. This is Fair Skin Complexion with a pinch of FreckleMania on top.

Glitches and clipping in the images is just from importing a human head on an elven race.

You know what, thank you for giving this idea. I just found a perfect new "photo model" ;)

...and here we go with the actual Eowyn:

post-134589-0-27180100-1419667986_thumb.jpgpost-134589-0-42267500-1419668068_thumb.jpgpost-134589-0-30000500-1419668113_thumb.jpg

post-134589-0-58166500-1419668158_thumb.jpgpost-134589-0-86991100-1419668166_thumb.jpgpost-134589-0-13525200-1419668173_thumb.jpg

post-134589-0-92037000-1419668249_thumb.jpgpost-134589-0-09164200-1419668259_thumb.jpgpost-134589-0-85927800-1419668265_thumb.jpg

Gotta say that she looked totally crap when i first imported her, a bit like an older COTS child or something. Had to increase her nose width quite a bit, and with a little color and new KS 400 Hairs, i think this is quite... "okay" :)

Hi guk. I've followed all the steps up to the point where you enter sculpt mode, but all I get is a window with the head mesh that can be painted on. None of the options that appear in your screenshots appear for me so I'm pretty stuck now. Know any reason why this is happening? I have racemenu 2.9.6 which is the latest version.

Haha - guess i'm an old ignorant fool for confusing Eowyn and Arwen.

I decided to load up Arwen in my game just for fun. Importing her head on an EEO High Elf turned out to be a bad idea, because none of the elven brows and hairstyles fit her head.

Nevertheless, this how i started out:

Mind you that i am not using the custom races thing at all. This is Fair Skin Complexion with a pinch of FreckleMania on top.

Glitches and clipping in the images is just from importing a human head on an elven race.

You know what, thank you for giving this idea. I just found a perfect new "photo model" ;)

So if you didnt use custom races , then did u just import the .nif of the head meshes to a Skyrim human race with the Sculpt tool... then u just polished the model on race menu?? should I do the same as well? cuz the custom races moding is killing me... u actually got a very good result 

Hi guk. I've followed all the steps up to the point where you enter sculpt mode, but all I get is a window with the head mesh that can be painted on. None of the options that appear in your screenshots appear for me so I'm pretty stuck now. Know any reason why this is happening? I have racemenu 2.9.6 which is the latest version.

I am totally sorry, this only works with the RaceMenu BETA version you can only find here: click

Which probably also requires the XPMSE version 2.32, again here on the forum.

So if you didnt use custom races , then did u just import the .nif of the head meshes to a Skyrim human race with the Sculpt tool... then u just polished the model on race menu?? should I do the same as well? cuz the custom races moding is killing me... u actually got a very good result 

Of course yes, give it a try. Importing the head, applying makeup and such takes less than one minute.

Your result will vary depending on your installed vanilla texture replacers. In my case, i like my own result better than the original.

Only thing taking me forever is browsing through ~1000 hairstyles and ~200 eye types ;)

Just note - the ONLY thing i changed about the SHAPE of Eowyn, was to increase the Nose_Tip_Width slider so she looks like a human.

I haven't touched the actual vertex edit in sculpt mode, or any other morph sliders.

Strange story with KS Hairdos 400 v2.0. It was published about 10 hours ago on Nexus, now the file is not only hidden but deleted.

RaceMenu plugins, i only have what ships with XPMSE + RaceMenu 2.96 + RaceMenu beta3.

There are tons of overlay mods for tattoos, moles, pubic hair, bodypaints, tanlines and so on. One very important mod for lifelike characters is Freckle Mania by tetrodoxin (Only UNP but compatible for the most part). Technically these overlays are not RM plugins, they just don't do anything without RM.

Now for mods with celebrities, they usually come with a hand-painted face texture like Jessica Alba. I already tried to import her, but even the eyebrows are painted on the face instead of real eyebrows with a mesh.

Both my Arwen and Eowyn adaptions are made with FSC with all the options enabled except the subsurface maps (because CBBEv3.3 has excellent ones). It comes with an eye fix, complexions, standalone eyebrows (Eowyn) and makeup so this is the only face mod i really need.

Eyes: Eyes of Beauty (vanilla replacer and dozens of additional eyes).

Eyebrows: Brows (Arwen)

Now the makeup in FSC is very humble and realistic. If you want more options, you could try Better Makeup for SKSE but keep in mind that you can only have 1 makeup installed and these WILL drastically change the look of the character.

Also the lip textures have to match your face texture by 100% or it will look off.

For the ones who use ECE here is a save slot for CME I MADE THIS ON IMPERIAL RACE. YOU SHOULD DO IT AS WELL FOR BETTER RESULTS, tho you can shape her in any race u want to look similar, you will need to make a little slider work i think.. I think I did a good work on vertex and looks more like the actual Miranda Otto... at least I am contempt.... I use muscle and dirty/ wild textures for CBBE by navetsea 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6554/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D6554&pUp=1

post-58324-0-05196600-1419723369_thumb.jpgpost-58324-0-78387600-1419723384_thumb.jpg

Download:

Eowyn for ECE.rar

extract this on C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\skyrim\CME_save

Thanks to guk again... I'm still trying to get results like yours on RaceMenu, I liked yours the most... tho I use ECE the most and thats why I feel more confortable using it... 

Well i hardly ever made a character myself, even with the normal sliders. Usually i sit there for 2 hours, and in the end it either looks 99% like before, or like some kind of alien.

Only really good thing i ever finished is the guy in my avatar, and even that is based on one of the "Courier" NPCs from the vanilla game.

Right now i rather spend my time making screenshots, that's what presets are for :)

Archived