NWN1: The Wink and Kiss Part 2 ALPHA

Cool...what a nice Christmas present for us all!   :)

Even if it isn't a finished product, it's great to be able to play through some of the sequel.  Great to hear you're still working on it!  Hopefully will get a chance to play around with it sometime today. 

Thanks for releasing it and continuing to update us on it!

Thanks for working on the sequel.

I remember playing a little bit of an online continuation of that series that you were working on for a brief while a few years ago. It looked pretty good but needed a fair amount of content. I think I recall you being concerned with the number of conversations you were looking at creating. (Much of a city's worth.) Ouch.

I'll look into giving you some  feedback after I get a chance to play this part 2.

Yes that seems to be the thing that stimies my progress the most is writing the conversations. There are currently dialogues that aren't even finished in this version. I tend to get bored and jump around a lot, and it probably shows in this version. I was excited to have a finish able mod ready.

I also enjoyed it.  Minor spoilers lurketh below:

I'd say you made quite a bit of progress with it!   I played with a character that I didn't play the first part with.  I tried to remember which one I played with last, but my failing memory, well, failed.  So I just started with another PC.  Appreciated the starting zone area so one can leap in and play effectively without having played the first W&K before. 

I did have some of those expected bugs form an alpha verstion.  Sometimes I would get an "Insert Text Here" as one of my responses. And sometimes dialog trees would break if I chose the wrong convo option.  But often if I started the conversation again, and choose another dialog option, the dialog exchanges would complete just fine.  And sometimes when I chose either "start a romantic scene" or something such as that as one of my options, nothing would happen.  Sometimes when I chose "Fade to Black", it would fade, but nothing else would happen (annimations or descriptions).   

I went to that Drow house in the Underdark.  Perhaps I didn't explore the area in the order I should have, but when I went to the (bathroom?) it looked like some sort of script should have fired but didn't.  Went to the bedroom there, and it kept telling me I shoud secure the area.  Even though I had already been to every place in that house. 

Also I went outside and encountered that smelly beggar and his friends.  He took me to his "house" and started the conversation tree and it would break for some reason, with nothing happening afterwards.  Though maybe this was some sort of setup.  Like the beggar (or one of his friends) was really a high level perverted mage who wanted to take advantage of me..either with charming me or putting me to sleep and then having his way with me.  But nothing really happened from the encounter.

And was that dragon (Father) fight at the end the, well, end of the module to this point?

That's about al I remember off the top of me pointy head.  You said there would probably be bugs since it was in it's alpha state, so I expected 'em and really didn't hinder my enjoyment of the mod.  There was a lot of great new content.  Lots of of new stuff to do and explore.  Really appreciate all the hard work you have put into it.

And of course, look forward to more!  Thanks for posting the alpha version for us to play around with. 

I played the module the other day and enjoyed most of it.

Spoilerish Below:

In the introduction dialogue "heidi" I noticed a handful of mistakes. The bottom structure of dialogue has "cLeric", "rediculous" (this is present many places throughout the module's conversation files - ought to be ridiculous) and a clunky bit of diaogue "brothel twenty four hours.

Much like menatv I had problems with dialogues breaking, sex scenes being in name only but for darkness, and although I know they tend to happen due to there not being complete dialogues (checked in the Toolset).

Pisces has a number of problems along the lines written above. The darkness effect also wouldn't go away until I slept once. (Visual effect sticking around.) I also couldn't get him to go with my character to kill slimes.

It was a bit of a pain to kill all of those critters (huge complex down there) and have to sale each slime bit in single shots to the barkeep. You can repeat the dialogue of getting the quest from the barkeep.

The rickshaw dialogues wouldn't work for me. They were always "off work" so I had to use the debug jumptoarea command key, ">". That created a ton of problems as I found myself jumping into action and quests that didn't always have continuity.

I often saved and went back on different dialogue options when possible but due to jumping around using the command key I didn't always have as great options for this.

Once I spoke with the Association Gang in an ambush. I took two routes including the NC option. The NC seemed to break as the gang members started acting like there was a group of guards nearby, after some dialogue, they wanted to fight but no one was present. All of the gang members were facing the building nearby.

Dealing with Vrigor I had to reload once due to four hostiles (dogs and guards) breaking up their directions to the point where I couldn't not avoid them. Vrigor was hostile of course and actually got up and attacked. I reloaded and he just kept sleeping the on the second reload.

I noticed a chair up in the air in Vrigor's hideout dinning room.

(Edit)

Another issue that I am remembering. Melanie and the Dwarf Land Lord. That scene doesn't play out at the moment. Just the agreement to pay off the Dwarf. That is fine as it is incomplete but both characters just stand there afterward, you can restart the dialogue though. They are always there though, even toward the end of the module.

(End Edit)

Many of my companions kept running away from "Father" during their battle. (My character was way too weak to contribute, normally.) Eventually I had to make my character godlike so everyone would actually fight Father. Except for Melanie as she was also too weak, so I parked her away from the fight.

(I'd like there to be a way to avoid being captured for the "Father" but that is up to you and what you want done with the module.)

Let me know if you need some help with getting some conversations written, even if just ideas and or some basis for sex dialogues. I've got some you can probably use. Just PM me.

Thanks again for the upload.

Thanks you who played so far. I'm pretty aware of all the issues you guys mentioned except for: The Rickshaw puller should be on duty immediately after you report to Heidi after the Pisces quest. Also the "group of guards" you mentioned not showing up, that's new to me. I've never seen these things not fire, and will look into those. I'll add all these things mentioned to my to do list.

edit: Have to correct myself, once Heidi gives you permission to go to the University, the Rickshaw puller is on duty. Not after spending the night with Pisces.

You're welcome.

I'll add another comment that might help get to the bottom of why the rickshaw's wouldn't work. I completed the Pisces' mission. Went to visit him. He didnt talk to me, really. I then talked to the barkeep and did his mission. I walked around and tried to do the burning coal walker quest but couldn't complete it as I didn't have enough skill points. Eventually I ended up at the theater, "acted" and ended up in the trash. Then it was off to the temple. Spoke with a LI. I tried several different talks but none of them ended properly. I left the temple, wandered the district and eventually had to use the command key to get back to the Boss.

Each time I had a collection of "payment" I gave it to the Boss.

I can't recall the Boss telling me that it is okay to go to the University but I do recall her mentioning that she'd give me permission after a job or two.

played through it last night.

its pretty good so far. though i never really got to like the main protagonist.

to me, she seems too frail and innocent for someone who, ran from a home of luxury, got turned into a nymfo, got shipwrecked, and ended up in a brothel.

there's much to be expanded upon in this module, and i hope you find the time and the enthusiasm to do so.

I hope NC content will be included quite often :P

Yeah, best part of the module so far IMO was the alley scene in the slums. Will keep an eye out for further updates, there's a great deal of potential in this.

I also love how skillchecks are used, I've never gotten so much use for appraise before.

Yeah, best part of the module so far IMO was the alley scene in the slums. Will keep an eye out for further updates, there's a great deal of potential in this.

I also love how skillchecks are used, I've never gotten so much use for appraise before.

So that scene is described or is just another fade to black?

So that scene is described or is just another fade to black?

It's both animated and described. If there's more of that in the finished version I'm pretty sure this will replace ADwR as my favourite NWN module. :heart:

IIRC there's somewhat finished scenes in the university, with the firewalker in the starting area, in the docks with the administrator guy and a blacksmith, with the rickshaw boy, a couple of scenes with Tylr and towards the end of the module with a dragon. Then there's the alley scene. I think those are all that are fully implemented as of now but I could have forgotten or missed a couple.

I liked it! Good work and nice ideas and plot :)

As you already may know, the most important issue is the scenes not finished; breaks a bit the immersion.

Due that it´s an alpha, I´m not sure of some things being bugs or unfinished work, but using the Boss armoire i ended up with 3 working outfits and stockings, and i cannot drop those items.

Looking the mod with the toolset, you can avoid this issue adding this line in "give_onduty" script:

void main()
{
    // Give the speaker the items

if (!GetIsObjectValid(GetItemPossessedBy (GetPCSpeaker(), "onduty")))

{
     CreateItemOnObject("onduty", GetPCSpeaker(), 1);
     CreateItemOnObject("stockings", GetPCSpeaker(), 1);
    }

}

Or you can avoid the use of the armoire again adding:

object oArmoire = GetNearestObjectByTag("getclothes");

SetUseableFlag(oArmoire,FALSE);

Well, not a very keen help but yeah.... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Updated the module today.

Change Log: ~MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!~
Version Date: 01-18-15
What's new in this version?:

-Players shouldn't get stuck in the Temple District anymore
-Spellchecked conversations and journal entries
-Clothed the naked Barkeep (lol)
-More options for clearing the Dock Ward. Try enlisting the help of Rutting Doe from the Come and Go.
-Got that floaty chair down in the Associate's HQ
-Fleshed out the first Pisces encounter
-Minor cosmetic tweaks not worth mentioning
-More journal entries, especially after meeting the Don, so players won't get lost.

http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/wink-and-kiss-part-2-alpha#comment-8191

• 1 month later...

New update today. I added quite a lot this month if I do say, including a lot more of what everybody wants.  ;)

Newest changes:

-Making the Hak Packs a separate file from the .Mod and readme files, so I don't have to keep re-uploading them.
-Fixed journal... again.
-Fixed the working outfit dupe bug.
-Added fade to black option in The Father's scene.
-Changed name of Area "Slum Sewers" to just "Sewers" To avoid confusion.
-Added a ladder in the Sewer that leads out to the Entertainment District for faster travel.
-Fleshed out paying the rent scene
-Fixed bad link in Firewalker conversation, and took the numbers out of the dialogue.
-Finished Cobbler (hint: talk to him again after playing with him)
-Fleshed out Boris scene
-New scene in the LBM Guild Hall. Talk to the businessman in red.
-Added some nodes to The Don's conversation. Talk to him after you've finished his job.
-Started to expand on Kate's story, namely in the Businessmen's Guild, but not finished yet.
-Made it so you can turn in bootys to Heidi while she's in the Don's room.

http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/wink-and-kiss-part-2-alpha

By the way, for any of you who follow my Blogger... rather than try to explain things I'll just copy the link from the e-mail I just got.

Not sure if my Blog will be affected, if I just remove any screenshots with nudity, or questionable content. We will just have to wait and see. If push came to shove, I would be OK just letting it die, as most of my correspondence has come from the neverwinter vault page, and here. Time will tell I guess, and if it has to be so R.I.P Blogger.

By the way, for any of you who follow my Blogger... rather than try to explain things I'll just copy the link from the e-mail I just got.

Not sure if my Blog will be affected, if I just remove any screenshots with nudity, or questionable content. We will just have to wait and see. If push came to shove, I would be OK just letting it die, as most of my correspondence has come from the neverwinter vault page, and here. Time will tell I guess, and if it has to be so R.I.P Blogger.

Good to know, thanks.

And thank you for the time and effort you put into this module.

I've played an earlier build and checked a little of it, figured I shouldn't spoil it for myself so I'll be waiting for the final or near-final iteration. =)