SexLab .json file (w/ MO)

I was testing out some animations through SexLab, and made some alignment adjustments via the hotkeys because I'm completely OCD. After I quit out of Skyrim, I found a SexLab .json file in my Overwrite. I presume this is a save of the adjustments I made (even though I wasn't holding Right Control down, which I thought was the only thing that made them permanent, saved adjustments). Is there some place I should store this? I don't assume I should turn it into a patch (or should I?).

I was testing out some animations through SexLab, and made some alignment adjustments via the hotkeys because I'm completely OCD. After I quit out of Skyrim, I found a SexLab .json file in my Overwrite. I presume this is a save of the adjustments I made (even though I wasn't holding Right Control down, which I thought was the only thing that made them permanent, saved adjustments). Is there some place I should store this? I don't assume I should turn it into a patch (or should I?).

With current state of the things you should leave it in the overwrite folder or create a mod with this file. That's how I did it (RM presets are there too).

Actually would be much better if mod authors started to use Docs/My Games/Skyrim as a place for a presets and user's data. (The same way Skyrim devs could put your saves into the Data folder..)

With current state of the things you should leave it in the overwrite folder or create a mod with this file. That's how I did it (RM presets are there too).

Actually would be much better if mod authors started to use Docs/My Games/Skyrim as a place for a presets and user's data. (The same way Skyrim devs could put yours saves into the Data folder..)

Funny you mention RM presets - I found a thread here saying to create mods, and that's working fine, but you're giving me the impression I might combine them all into one? Am I understanding that correctly?

Actually would be much better if mod authors started to use Docs/My Games/Skyrim as a place for a presets and user's data. (The same way Skyrim devs could put yours saves into the Data folder..)

Funny you mention RM presets - I found a thread here saying to create mods, and that's working fine, but you're giving me the impression I might combine them all into one? Am I understanding that correctly?

Yep, you might combine them

Yep, you might combine them

Thanks very much for the answer, and the extra bonus answer!

I do much the same.

In MO i started with no overwrite (fresh install)

I then ran fnis, SUM (ASIS and dual sheath redux)

these all left stuff in overwrite.

Right clicked and made a mod. (named it "Overwrite made mod")

left it active at bottom of mod install list.

Anything throughout play that leaves something in overwrite gets moved to that made mod.

as well as any MO executables that leave something in overwrite (like fnis and sum do, example new preset made and saved in bodyslide)

when i run SUM both asis and dual sheaths created esp's get left in that made mod, along with any merged mods esp's I have made.

Also any TES5Edit cleaned esp's and TES5Edit backups all go there as well.

If using the TES5Edit merge plugin 1.65 or xEdit merge plugin 1.75 to combine mod esp's make sure you deactivate the originals and ideally move those originals to their respective mods optional esp folder.

Archived