The quest for a "puffy nipples" body, part 2

So i fired up 3ds, and have been messing about with different things i hadn't a clue what they do (only knew things needed for armor converts).

Still need to mess around with the mesh to make it more 'rounded' and 'puffy', also adjust the breast's abit.

Puffy1.png

Puffy2.png

Puffy3.png

Speaking as one who wouldn't know where to begin with this, I find it amazing work already.

I will note that you're running into the difficulty I outlined recently, that with only two vertex rings available for the areola, it's really not possible to have a good hill with a good angle differentiating it from the rest of the breast.  It does look like you found a way to increase the vertex density in the nipples themselves.  If you find a way to make that density match what we get with the Manga Body nipples, maybe their positional data can just be copied over verbatim, and then you'd have really good eraser-heads complete with their characteristic pits in the middle.  So far, I haven't found any better nipples in any mesh.

(The areolae and nipples are both a bit on the small side, I will note.  Compare to the images in the OP - for example compare your top-down view to theirs.  Maybe use it as a guide?)

The nipples are pointing up at a very appealing angle.  Much more attractive, for example, than the likes of Manga Body v3 which has them pointing straight ahead.

Edit: A late edit but I have been looking into the reasons why the old Manga Body v2 is, in my opinion, superior to the likes of 7B Cleavage / Bombshell.  The subtle point is that the breasts have a more believable profile from every angle, even considering it's a haphazard morph of CBBE (obviously Oblivion Manga Body doesn't have this problem).  More obvious is the fact that the 7B models are all on the "fleshy" side - the waist has extra contours which imply spare fat, the legs are bigger around in similar ways, etc.  Bombshell is the extreme example of this, with Cleavage being somewhat less so.  Manga Body's waist is a perfect hourglass - perhaps not strictly 100% realistic but very appealing.  Finally we have the arms.  Almost every Skyrim body has thick arms.  Manga Body v2 is an exception, probably as it is specifically a morph from the Oblivion original.  Thinner arms are more feminine and easier on the eyes.  It's rare to find such a body in Skyrim but I always prefer them.  Dream Girl is another example.

well, indeed is a very interesting topic, but isn't Skyrim a little 'picky' with the body poligons count??

If you mean insofar as there being too many polygons, that can't be the case, because for example the "high poly" versions of the Manga Body meshes had up to literally 40k triangles.

and by the way, is there any way to get that cute head that you're speaking of as your ideal face?? is just wat i was seeking for my elf...

I would pay that guy real cash for that face if I could track him down.  It's not from Black Desert.  It's a really good ECE tweak.  Possibly the best.  He posts images of it regularly but they're not for the sake of any blog I know of.

Your being too picky with poly's

Simply just blatantly throwing more poly's at something isn't always the right answer.

I agree you need a decent amount of poly's, but the great thing about skyrim is the use of normal maps which is really supposed to be used for tiny details like this.

Ideally you'd use a high poly model and sculpt the shape you want and project that onto a more manageable lower poly model that won't absolutely kill your fps.

I agree with the philosophy of doing what it takes to maximize performance, but I also have to disagree about being too picky.  For example, I've detailed the specific reasons why the extant Manga Body nipple cannot be achieved through a tweak of any other Skyrim body (that doesn't already have it).  There's nothing further to submit in evidence; one either has the requisite number of polygon rings at their disposal or one doesn't.

Citrus body is a good example of getting things right because the design generally takes into account the desirability of having high vertex density at critical areas of the body.  I compare this observation specifically with the top three body types in Skyrim, which almost entirely lack enough vertices for puffy areolae.  I don't think anyone can really be blamed for not enabling the likes of a doorknob-esque nipple, but if you want that kind of look - and you want it to look good in a nice closeup - you need the vertices.  This isn't a matter of arbitrarily throwing vertices at the problem.

Normal maps make things look better as long as they are not in profile.  Take a look at the Oblivion Manga Body NifSkope shot.  This is a mesh that was used in Oblivion, mind.  Even close up like this, it looks dang good for what it is.  The artist knew that he would not be able to fake the desired look by hoping a play on shadows would help him out, so he did what needed to be done and gave it the vertices it mandated.