EXTREME lag during burning of King Olaf's effigy

Rabblerouser

So I wanted to put my mage through college (Bard's College) but it seems all its done is turn that area of Solitude into a slideshow.

It was fine before, but now with the game is HORRIBLY slow, and I have a feeling it has to do the particle effects on the effigy.

Is there a mod that fixes this? Does the effigy disappear after a while? Maybe it's the crowd? Is there a way to simply disable HDT temporarily? Or should I just revert to a WAY earlier save and give a middle finger to the Bard's College?

So I wanted to put my mage through college (Bard's College) but it seems all its done is turn that area of Solitude into a slideshow.

It was fine before, but now with the game is HORRIBLY slow, and I have a feeling it has to do the particle effects on the effigy.

Is there a mod that fixes this? Does the effigy disappear after a while? Maybe it's the crowd? Is there a way to simply disable HDT temporarily? Or should I just revert to a WAY earlier save and give a middle finger to the Bard's College?

Well if it is lagging it has to be something you've added like a high res texture. Do you have a mod that makes any edit to the college? Try disabling mods until it works if you're not using MO you're going to have a bad time.

If you think it is your save that is corrupt start a new game then coc to the college if you're still getting lag then its not your save its a mod. Now when you ask for help on these forums you need to read teh sticky because it would have told you to post your load order.

I've done the quest line I don't' see any frames dropped  and I use HDT physics and from the looks of it why even come here asking for answers to questions that you don't care to hear the answer to? If you don't want anyone to answer your fucking question why the fuck you even post here?

Pardon? At what point did I deserve such a vitriolic reply?

Granted, I was tired and did neglect passing on important details such as mods which may cause this lag, but that was uncalled for.

I intended to have a few people helping me along the way while I troubleshooted since I'm not stranger to mods, disabling mods one by one (and yes, I use MO, you'd have to be a fool not to nowadays). You still didn't answer the questions I stated in the first post which I will not be repeating.

1. There are no mods that edit the College, this isn't a college issue, it's an EXTREME lag when I'm near the area where the effigy of Kng Olaf is burned.

2. I have no high-res texture packs. My monitor is 1366x768. I play in windowed 1280x720.

Now for mods that could be causing the issue:

HDT

HDT weighted armors (quite possibly a big culprit)

RS Children overhaul (?)

Space Core mod from Valve (?) since I hear it affects some packages, namely the giant's.

Footprints (?) http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22745/?

HDT hairs and capes (though these are only able to be applied to the PC)

It might be the HDT weighted armors since suddenly it's rendering HDT for an entire festival.

Which brings me back to a question I didn't want to repeat.. does the festival break up forever after the initial one? The "making the burning a weekly event" troubles me, making me think they'll set it up again and lag me to hell and back.

I'd rather forego the questline if I have to disable and re-enable mods around Solitude if the burning is a recurring event.

Have you tried this?

Skyrimprefs ini in my document

modify this line:

[Particles]

iMaxDesired=10 (or anything lower than default)

or just console command disable the effigy,

or SAA 0 the NPCs around the effigy(edit). If you are sure the effigy is the culprit.

If too many npc is the culprit, try "temo" console command (toggleemotions)

or increase the memory heap size in skse ini (do it at your own risk)

I have a weak laptop (with celeron processor 1.5ghz dual core lol ) and the slideshow begins when there are around 50 npcs (with HDT clothes) fighting around me.

You wanted help so I ask you to post your load order and what do you do? Ignore me of course, then you decide to say:

"Shame. Never played the Bards college questline because I felt it was useless before.. and now I think I'll avoid it because I am NOT disabling HDT."

You asked for help because YOU don't know the problem yet from the above comment it sounds like you have already figured it out, well good on you champ but you haven't really figured anything out have you? To figure this out for people that want to help you instead of shooting in the dark, we need a LOAD ORDER so please read the sticky to the forum; also again from the above statement it sounds like you're giving up like you already solved the problem by sticking your head in the sand.

Now the reasons I didn't answer your questions:  

"Is there a mod that fixes this? Does the effigy disappear after a while? Maybe it's the crowd? Is there a way to simply disable HDT temporarily? Or should I just revert to a WAY earlier save and give a middle finger to the Bard's College?"

I don't think that you have necessarily found the problem and in order to know for sure I needed more information before I could answer correctly.

or just console command disable the effigy,

or SAA 0 the effigy. If you are sure the effigy is the culprit.

If too many npc is the culprit, try "temo" console command (toggleemotions)

or increase the memory heap size in skse ini (do it at your own risk)

I have a weak laptop (with celeron processor 1.5ghz dual core lol ) and the slideshow begins when there are around 50 npcs (with HDT clothes) fighting around me.

We wanna solve the problem not kill it.

Well, with those methods we could at least narrow down the problems right?

Lol yeah you're right just to test if of course that is the issue, but yeah even on a GTX 780 ti if I have inconsequential npcs and interesting npcs on its just too much and it will lag me from 60 to 45

Archived