Trying to make troll faction friendly

SimpleLife

I cant seem to get the troll faction to work as being friendly.

Im testing against the trolls in Graywinter Watcher.

I tried using "One with Nature" mod with no luck. Tried using Creatin Kit to edit the troll faction. Made it friendly to the player, and removed all the trolls I could find from the CreatureFaction.

All with no luck. Any thoughts?

You can use the console to make trolls friendly. Just type Help Troll in the console, and look for an entry under FACT, which should give you some letters and numbers followed by 'Troll Faction'.

Using those letters and numbers, type Player.addtofaction 00039baashf ( just an example, not actual code ) 0

I cant seem to get the troll faction to work as being friendly.

Im testing against the trolls in Graywinter Watcher.

I tried using "One with Nature" mod with no luck. Tried using Creatin Kit to edit the troll faction. Made it friendly to the player, and removed all the trolls I could find from the CreatureFaction.

All with no luck. Any thoughts?

If you are testing the mod in an existing save then the changes may not be taking effect for currently spawned creatures.

When testing mods that make permanent changes to the properties of actors it's usually best to test in a new game after each edit. The problem is that a lot of the properties are stored in the save and will persist despite changes in loaded mods until the actor is despawned or otherwise reset.

For instance, if your game has seen Lydia use the male animations then no mod can change her back to using female animations.

There is a way to Hot Load Plugins to force changes but the feature was never more than experimental and the actual effect in-game may not be an accurate representation of what will happen in a new or clean game. I've never tried it with race factions so I don't know if it would remove an existing creature from a faction.

OWN appears to make dynamic changes to creature behaviour. If this is not working then there may be something else going on the game that is interfering (assuming the OWN installation was not faulty). Might be worth checking the OWN support thread for similar experiences.

Archived