LOOT Error - Cyclic Interaction

Hentai-chan

A few minutes ago, I ran Wyre Bash through MO. To create a bashed patch. See, I was having problem with the regular start in Skyrim. You know, you are on a carriage, being hauled off for execution. Except in this case, I was put in a rollercoaster instead. The carriage would twirl as though I was in a tornado. Until Skyrim, eventually, crashed. So I thought maybe Bash could fix that somehow. I created the patch without trouble. But when I ran LOOT, it said Cyclic Interaction detected. post-255095-0-60560100-1416417858_thumb.png

So I have to ask.

What is cyclic interaction?

Why does Skyrim put me in a rollercoaster?

What is the meaning of life?

You may not answer the last one if you've got no clue.

Are you using MO's built in local savegame option? If not then that's probably part of the issue with  the messed up carriage ride. When your saves are stored at documents/my game/Skryim there is a load of garbage in that folder than "bleeds" over into new games. You need to destroy the entire folder there then run the vanilla launcher once to make a fresh one (and use MO's local savegame option so they don't go in that "other" folder anymore).

This should at least help.

I'd suggest never doing the carriage ride again by using an alternate start mod.

Oddly enough, the cause of the carriage going crazy is being in third person mode when the "cut scene" loads. If you are using an alternate start mod, just make sure you are in first person before activating anything that would send you to that part of the game. No clue on the "Cyclic Interaction" though. Maybe copy in a blank Bash Patch, rebuild with that.

What is cyclic interaction?

Read me. Quote: If a cyclic interaction is detected (eg. A depends on B depends on A), then sorting will fail.

Disable the generated patches. Then decide if you want WyreBash or PerMa first. Then run the other.

Why does Skyrim put me in a rollercoaster?

I never found a solution. Now I use "Alternate Life", so I don't get the ride.

And maybe the game wants you to have fun?

What is the meaning of life?

42. Sadly no Towel as weapon mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, I won't be able to test anything until I am alone.

Long story short

I am staying at a dorm (of sorts) and I don't want him to think I am a weirdo. It's not how I see myself but that's how he'll see me. So...

Sorry for the late reply. I'll resurrect this thread if I find a solution. When I get the chance to test anything, that is.

Archived