Papyrus logs not showing up?

windu190

For some reason Papyrus logs don't show up no matter what I do. I edited the Skyrim.ini file, located at Documents/My Games/Skyrim to include:

[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

The logs should appear at Documents/My Games/Skyrim/Logs/Script but there are none. The folders Logs and Script weren't even there to begin with so I had to make them myself. 

Anyone have any clue as to how this is possible? I've used Papyrus logs before and never had any problems like this. This is however the first time I am using Mod Organizer so could that be causing it?

Make sure Documents/My Games/Skyrim folders have permission to write and/or try turning off UCA. Honestly if your mod setup runs okay and you don't encounter any crashes, stutters, bugs or instabilities there is no logic to leaving papyrus logging on.

Leaving papyrus logging on can even screw your mod step up and load order if you leave it on for too long. It happened to me. I couldn't pass main logo on start up if I had papyrus logging turned off. With papyrus on I could run and play without CTDs.

Also many mods such as Fire & Ice Overhaul by Appollo (he recommends not to enabling papyrus) cause papyrus spam logging which is why it is recommended to turn off papyrus logging so there are no additional strains on system.

Ok what? I removed 'read only' from the folder but it comes back by itself. When I open the attributes window of the folder again 'read only' is checked again. 

For some reason I cannot remove the 'read only' attribute from my folder, even though I'm the admin.

I'm not sure about the read only flag... but I had a similar problem with my logs not showing up.

Eventually, I figured out that I had not one, but two sections in my INI file:

STUFF

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

STUFF

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

And somehow the first was overriding the second. Cut out the redundant section, and it worked.
Try that?

hmm it appears the ´read only´ brackets are not checked, but highlighted. So the problem is not there after all. 

I'm not sure about the read only flag... but I had a similar problem with my logs not showing up.

Eventually, I figured out that I had not one, but two sections in my INI file:

STUFF

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

STUFF

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

And somehow the first was overriding the second. Cut out the redundant section, and it worked.
Try that?

I only have one section, so I´m afraid it´s not that either. 

Ok what? I removed 'read only' from the folder but it comes back by itself. When I open the attributes window of the folder again 'read only' is checked again. 

For some reason I cannot remove the 'read only' attribute from my folder, even though I'm the admin.

Edit the ownership of the folder.

https://www.google.com/#q=windows+8.1+take+ownership+of+folder

http://tipsandtricksforum.com/thread-223.html

Dunno what windows you're using.

Also it can't hurt to check Skyrim_default.ini setting for papyrus in the main Skyrim folder. I would also auto-generate the inis with Skyrim Launcher. Maybe it will help maybe not :P

Archived