DLC dependency?

I was having a problem with the game crashing (basically never loading) if SexLab was checked. Another user suggested I run TES5EDIT and it got stuck on the Dragonborn.esm file. Essentially, it couldn't find it and so it stopped working. I only have the Dawnguard DLC, not Hearthstone or Dragonborn. So, now I'm wondering if SexLab has some kind of dependency on the DLCs being present. The error log reads:

[00:09] Background Loader: [sexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp] Adding master "Dragonborn.esm"
[00:09] Background Loader: [Dragonborn.esm] Loading file
[00:09] Background Loader: Fatal: <EOSError: System Error.  Code: 2.
The system cannot find the file specified>
[00:15] Background Loader: finished

Could this be the issue?

I'd be happy to post another error log from Papyrus as requested by forum stickies, but the game won't even load... so I can't create a log. 

Yeap that is correct SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp has Dragonborn.esm set as a master if that one is turned off in your load order the CTD should end and you should be able to load the game up and play because SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp uses monsters/animals from the dragonborn DLC and without the dragonborn DLC you will get CTD's till you either turn it off or get and install the dragonborn DLC.

Nope. I removed that file and the game is still crashing. There does seem to be a dependency on having the Dragonborn DLC because now HentaiCreatures.esp is also looking for it. Could the author fix this please? Pretty please? With sugar on top?

Well anything that is asking for something that you do not have needs to be turned off. Hentiacreatures also needs the dragonborn DLC as it is also set as a master. Though I'm not sure how more nasty creatures will look with it off so you might have to turn those ones off or try it and see how it looks without the 2 that need the dragonborn DLC.  Once you turn both of those off run TES5EDIT again and make sure there is nothing else that is missing masters or needs a master that you do not have. Once it loads everything up without hitting a error and stopping then you should be good to go.

For anyone else in the same situation... not having DG and DB DLCs causes issues. Ya, things will work but not well. Download them and everything works fine. Mildly annoying (in the great scheme of things) if you don't want to buy the DLCs to make this work but... the author(s) put a lot of work into this so it's not worth me complaining about it. A mention that the mod is DLC dependent might save other people the time of figuring that out. 

Cheers guys.

You just have to read more carefully so you don't miss anything. Under FAQ for more nasty critters.

Q: **Does this work without Dawnguard or Dragonborn**

A:**Partially.** Enable MoreNastyCritters.esp and SexlabNudeCreatures.esp if you only have the base game.

Additionally enable SexlabNudeCreaturesDB.esp if you have Dragonborn. Enable SexlabNudeCreaturesDG.esp if you have Dawnguard.

If you have both you can also enable HentaiCreatures.esp

The HentaiCreatures mod needs Sexlab, Dawnguard only the one that comes with the more nasty critters one is a modified version of the hentaicreatures one and that is why it is included in the more nasty critters mod. http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22449-hentai-creatures/

Archived