New Game +

Mewwt

So, I was thinking about making a new character, but keeping the actual inventory/level, since I finished all the quests (and it was a really, REALLY long journey to just abandon it and go make another character) and spent a long time finishing tons of radiant ones to remove them from my journal.

Is there a mod or an easy way to do it? I don't want to spend several hours typing commands and such only for a few items.

Just use the console to open the racemenu ("showracemenu") and change the character's appearance. Don't change the race or name, though, so all your stuff stays put.

You don't need to start a new game.

You can change the name as well without any problem, I have done so quite a few times without problems, though if your not using a character manager it might be worth looking at one.

I think what the OP wants is to basically start over and reset the world while preserving his character's appearance, stats, and inventory.

OP: I don't think there's a mod for that. The closest you can get is to just start a new game and remake your character, then edit your stats and give yourself all your perks and items. All of that can be done with console, but it's tedious like you said.

Just an idea, you could get one of them all-skill bat files at least, then edit it to the stats you want every time. That doesn't solve the item problem, but it makes stats much easier to do. If you don't know, a bat file is basically where you type out console commands in a text document, and then place it in data, then type 'bat filename' and all the console commands activate at once. 

I just so happened to have stumbled upon something I think you would find useful. This program is old but it basically allows you to set stats and perks in a GUI and create a bat file to execute ingame to instantly modify your character's stats. I tested it and it works fine.

That seems like the best thing for stats, easily. For items, the only way to really do that is console commands.

Just use the console to open the racemenu ("showracemenu") and change the character's appearance. Don't change the race or name, though, so all your stuff stays put.

You don't need to start a new game.

You can change the name as well without any problem, I have done so quite a few times without problems, though if your not using a character manager it might be worth looking at one.

I think what the OP wants is to basically start over and reset the world while preserving his character's appearance, stats, and inventory.

OP: I don't think there's a mod for that. The closest you can get is to just start a new game and remake your character, then edit your stats and give yourself all your perks and items. All of that can be done with console, but it's tedious like you said.

Exactly that. Since I finished everything, and now I only have radiant quests (kill X guy in Z place mostly), I'd like to reset everything except quests (and probably the level).

I finally managed to do something similar, like keeping a few items (decided to choose one for each faction, like a daedric artifact, a dragon priest mask, a nightingale bow...). I exported my character's appearance (changed my character a little) and thanks to the mods and programs you suggested, I tweaked the game a little to make it feel more like a new game +.

The main problem with perks was that I use t3nd0s skyrim redone, so I just increased the skill's levels instead of giving myself the perks and everything was fine. As an extra, I used familiar faces to see my character again, as if she retired from the business.

Thank you very much for the help and ideas (didn't think about making bat files)!

Archived