CTD at Logo

tim3flies

Affter re-installing Skyrim and installing mods I attempted to start Skyrim up via SKSE.  Crashed to desktop at the Bethesda logo - checked the papyrus log and found the following messages:

[11/07/2014 - 12:00:06AM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
[11/07/2014 - 12:00:06AM] error: Native function GetUseSound in empty state does not match existing signature on linked type Potion. Function will not be bound.
[11/07/2014 - 12:00:06AM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
[11/07/2014 - 12:00:06AM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)

This also occurred if starting via the Steam loader.  After uninstalling/reinstalling the same thing occurred.  I have since located the reason for the crashing!!!

In the sound folder are fx and voice directeries.  The voice structer is all good and has the following labels for the files:

Name    Date modified    Type    Size

The fx structer is faulty and has the following labels for the files:

Name    Title    Contributing artists    Album

I even deleted the fx folder and manually created a new one and installed a mod that had fx only files with the same results as the origionally game created fx folder.

Knowing the individual files in the fx folder should have the same labels as the voice files and this being a new install the question remains ( a virius scan was done the day before my last install )::

What is causing the labels in the two directories to be different?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

tim3flies

Found a mod ( Female Mannequins v3.1 ) that had a Dawngurard or Dragonborn requirement ( I don't think it shouldn have had it - removed it and put in a different version ).  The game now runs, but my question about the different Labels between the fx and voice files in their respective folder  still applies.   WHY?

Found a mod ( Female Mannequins v3.1 ) that had a Dawngurard or Dragonborn requirement ( I don't think it shouldn have had it - removed it and put in a different version ).  The game now runs, but my question about the different Labels between the fx and voice files in their respective folder  still applies.   WHY?

right click on one of the labels then select "more" then you can untick the options you don't want showing up, not really an issue though.

Archived