Ethereal Eleven Overhaul texture neck seam

ErroticFox

I don't know why, but I've tried tons of things to fix the neck seam while using EEO and I cannot find any solution. I've downloaded skins that include the body and face texture and do a overwrite through NMM and when I get back in game, it looks like the facial texture does not change at all. Texture blends never work either.

I just opened EEO to take a look at it and appears as though it should be an easy fix (as long as it's a color difference seam).

Extract EEO and look for /data/textures/actors/character/Ethereal/ and here you'll find Darkelf, Highelf, Tintmasks and WoodElf. Open each of those folders and find the femalehead_msn file (it's a .dds file of course) and replace it with the femalehead_msn layer from the textures used on the bodies of the elves (PC or NPCs).

This should provide the same color base layer, but haven't done it to EEO myself. But I've done this sort of thing before with textures, body meshes and skeletons before and it always works. You just zip it all back up and install that sucker afterward.

Yep. I can confirm that this works.  EEO uses its own normal maps which look good, but don't match the body normal maps.  So changing out the face normal map is the only real way to fix the seam.  If you really like the normal maps that Nuska made, then you can try blending them, but it may still have a slight seam.  

Yep. I can confirm that this works.  EEO uses its own normal maps which look good, but don't match the body normal maps.  So changing out the face normal map is the only real way to fix the seam.  If you really like the normal maps that Nuska made, then you can try blending them, but it may still have a slight seam.  

Ever the helpful one. :) You should be commended

• 1 month later...

Archived