Looking for some suggestion for a "Demonologist" Charater

Hey guys, I'm thinking about firing up a new character with a character concept floating around the concept of a "demonologist", or more specifically someone who willingly consorts and deal with Daedra. I'm already assuming I'll have her focus on Conjuration and Illusions, so mainly handle combat with summons and confusion. However, I'm wondering if there are any good Daedra-centric mods you all would recommend? Outside of Sanguine's Debauchery I'm really not sure of any.

Also, I think it would be cool to "lose" humanity via progression. I'm sure there's not mod for this, but I can do it artificially. If anyone also has any suggestions on some "demonic" appearance mods that might include bat-wings, barbed tail, horns, ect...that would also be pretty rad.

Thanks!

As race I'd suggest you to pick the succubus race (assuming you want to play as female). Alternatively and/or in addittion you should use the animated dragon wings mod with one of the two retextured versions:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57424/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58393/?

As for the daedric aspect, following might be interesting for you:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51596/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18292/?

But I just have to ask..why illusion?

For some reason I've never been able to get the Succubus Race to function properly in the past. I'll give it another whirl.

Thanks for the other links too, they look like what I'm interested in.

As for Illusion, it seems to me like the spells in the Illusion school would mess with the minds of enemies which is something I always associate with Demons. Stuff like Fury and Calm are a given, but also SkyRe's Illusion school has some Decoy abilities I haven't messed with yet that I could see working with the same theme of influencing the reality of others.

I personally use an older version of the race; you might want to take the lite version for less compactibility problems.

Demonology has nothing to do with illusion if you ask me. Even though there may be demons that focus in deception it doesn't mean that the person who summons them gets any benefit from that.

This is a simple solution for your lore-friendly horn needs.

As for playstyle. Conjuration is definitely a keeper, but other than that, there really isn't another school of magic that I would call necessary to fit the core theme. I think your peripheral schools, be they magic or non-magic, should be determined by whatever Daedra, singular or plural, you decide to make your character's patron. A demonologist (daedrologist?) serving Mehrunes Dagon first and foremost might use quite a bit of Destruction; Meridia-followers would likely use Restoration in the form of undead wards; Malacath followers would almost certainly use two-handed weapons before any kind of magic, Boethiah likewise sticking to melee.

The thing to keep in mind is the world of the Elder Scrolls has no one overarching demon realm. Oblivion is divided among many different Daedra with no real hierarchy. Some are radically different than others, so much so that an umbrella like "demonologist" could never really work.

As mentioned above, Sexlab Hormones is actually a pretty good mod for someone who cavorts with Daedra, and combined with Player Succubus Quest (they work together) you can be a true minion of the Daedra (that is to say, a Succubus) and spread your wicked ways around Skyrim.

Unless you're not doing a sexy type of play-through, because then the above mods would not do much for you. ^_^

As mentioned above, Sexlab Hormones is actually a pretty good mod for someone who cavorts with Daedra, and combined with Player Succubus Quest (they work together) you can be a true minion of the Daedra (that is to say, a Succubus) and spread your wicked ways around Skyrim.

Unless you're not doing a sexy type of play-through, because then the above mods would not do much for you. ^_^

true of cause and they go well together those two :) using them myself when I make a female breton but for a non-sexy. The succubus race seem to be the best one to take... atleast the transformation part of it works with animated wings. you will need to copy some items from the if you are using "The Joy of Perspective" as it is put in it own folder without it you will not seem much if you look down. there some redux mods for the Succubus race to fix soem of the bugs with it but I have not tried them .

@Jexsam yeah The followers of the god of Mercy you meet in the Dawnguard dlc seems to think all that have dealing with any daedra evil . My prefered Daedra lord I help is Meridia heh unless I am a vampire of cause.

I wouldn't ever tell someone what to use, but honestly I don't think there's any reason to use Joy of Perspective anymore, since there is Immersive First Person and Enhanced Camera... both of which require waaaaaay less fiddling to get going.

arh I did not know they have ben update last time I check them out was when there was still regular updates on Joy :) thanks I will check it out :)

Archived