View File

Currently still WIP but updated with a few cosmetic changes still have not found a suitable place to put it but might be looking at the area around Dark Water Mine and in through there but nto really at the mine itself. Though there are so few mods for a place like that might place it there.

I did setup a cell where you an go to it and visually look at it:

coc mytestcell

I will add benches in the water later so you can sit and be merry. Looking for help adding an NPC with basic dialogue merchant preferably with items since npcs are so beyond me. Some scripted effects when bathing in the water to get some buffs and perks per bath.

If there is anyone willing to help please drop me a message.

!Due to the creation kit derping on me and giving me a mess of problems this mod cant be finished by me. I have selected that farm house near the ruined watch tower from the start of the main quest i had a nice place built up but creation kit kept crashing on me when trying to save it. If there is anyone using this resource as a full mod please post a link to it as i would like to see how it is being used.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/26/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    Skyrim of course the update and Hearthfire
  • Special Edition Compatible

This sounds like it could be interesting do you plan on making this into something big or is this just a small project you're doing for fun? (Secretly I always hope that when I see something small like this it will turn into something huge like captured dreams did)

Also you'll have to forgive me for my ignorance on the artist and the picture you're talking about.

In terms of location, this is something I commented on the "Open-air Bath in Cities" mod on Nexus.  I hope you will find it not annoying and useful.  Skyrim clearly would have geothermal activities, i.e. hot springs, but no one has really built anything fancy outdoor since someone put a few unfinished NPC in the unmarked vanilla hunter's camp 3 years ago. 

>>>

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58865/?

I really like the idea but wouldn't it make more sense to build the mod around the actual environment? The cost of artificial heating is really expensive and hot baths almost certainly would be indoors if hot springs are not available. Location matters. For example, Whiterun seems like it was built on top of geothermal resources even if vanilla does not show it but hot springs would not make sense in Soltitude. More plausible hot spring camps or facilities would add much more to Skyrim than having out of place open-air baths in populated areas. This will appeal to players looking for more lore as well as realism. Just my 0.02.

>>>

Keeping on the hot springs path. There is a lot of thermal activity between Kynesgrove and Darkwater Crossing. And as far as I can remember, the only other mod that is in that area is the Skyrim Trading Post mod  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40302/?  The only down side of that area is a Dragons lair in the area. Immersive Skyrim http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33162/? makes some changes to the Kynesgrove and Darkwater Crossing cells.

Personally, I would love to see something down there as almost everyone places their homes, etc in Whiterun or the surrounding area.

Just finished adding a merchant and bard to a mod I am working on by Broken Oar Grotto. They are a lot easier to do than you would think (or at least than I initially thought).

Maybe up near Dawnstar? It's pretty cold up there and if you use Frostfall.... without a warm location it's easy to freeze.

Sure is!! I made a house mod there FF friendly just for that reason. Besides the Dark Brotherhood hideout, that is all there is there that I am aware of. One could use the ruined tower at the South entrance to town there for a "secret" entrance to an underground paradise. There is also a nice rock face large enough for a nice facade & entrance just South of town at the crossroads. either place does (should) not interfere with the civil war quests.

• 1 month later...

hmmm.. that looks like something i'd like to wrap my head around. I still got two other housemods to finish, but i guess by the end of 2015 i'm done ;) .

Can't see the need of a Hearthfires dependency, so i'd like to get rid of that to make it more compatible. The idea of having some spots over there in the east to get Frostfall Users safely south to north and back sounds great !

I did this little home (with a SexLabCave ;-) on the Nexus.... so you might get a look at my "style"....

hmmm.. that looks like something i'd like to wrap my head around. I still got two other housemods to finish, but i guess by the end of 2015 i'm done  ;) .

Can't see the need of a Hearthfires dependency, so i'd like to get rid of that to make it more compatible. The idea of having some spots over there in the east to get Frostfall Users safely south to north and back sounds great !

I did this little home (with a SexLabCave ;-) on the Nexus.... so you might get a look at my "style"....

The house is good but for some reason I had with him was terrible lag, and I deleted it.