Adding HDT to my skirts and waistcapes.

flipdarkfuture

I've been working on a mod that adds in clothing from RWBY to the game, mainly to test my model-making abilities. So, quite a few of these outfits have skirts, which I will be using as a base to add in lore-friendly waistcapes similar to Cloaks in Skyrim for a later mod. How do I enable HDT on them?

Is it just as simple as following the tutorial on their google code page about enabling HDT on a existing mesh?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been working on a mod that adds in clothing from RWBY to the game, mainly to test my model-making abilities. So, quite a few of these outfits have skirts, which I will be using as a base to add in lore-friendly waistcapes similar to Cloaks in Skyrim for a later mod. How do I enable HDT on them?

Is it just as simple as following the tutorial on their google code page about enabling HDT on a existing mesh?

That is an excellent place to start. Yes.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to pursue how to do this myself, but haven't really been able to wrap my head around the stuff and haven't really found much that sounds like what I'm going for. On the Google code page's tutorial to enabling HDT, does that actually work for enabling clothing physics? All the specifications about using a TBBP weighted mesh sounds to me like that's outdated information regarding enabling jiggle physics only.

And from romeozero's response, is it truly as simple as using JFF to create weighted skirts and the like?

And from romeozero's response, is it truly as simple as using JFF to create weighted skirts and the like?

Define "simple".

After some messing around in Nifskope and JFF, I managed to get it to do something. Unfortunately that something is "flail around wildly". It would help if I had any idea what I was doing.

post-449818-0-61819500-1415680001_thumb.jpg

If I can figure out what does what, I'm sure adding physics to equipment will be easy. At least, adding physics to objects that already have bones.

Define "simple".

After some messing around in Nifskope and JFF, I managed to get it to do something. Unfortunately that something is "flail around wildly". It would help if I had any idea what I was doing.

If I can figure out what does what, I'm sure adding physics to equipment will be easy. At least, adding physics to objects that already have bones.

If it's flailing about, that means you have the model set up correctly. Now you need to add some parameters to control it.

First, read this for some setup. Step by Step Guide: How to Customize Bounce Kits

It will get you ready (game as well as mentally) to tweak values quickly.

Open your .xml in JFF.

Here's a bunch of individual thoughts. This is not a series of steps, but things you can try. 

• If your piece is flailing out of control, it sounds like it needs Mass and Constraint.
  • Whatever your mass is, multiply it by 10 just to see what happens.
  • Go to Contraints tab (if you have to ask me where it is READ THAT LINK). If you don't have any Constraints you need to add one. There's a bunch of choices, and you'll need to figure out the one you want. There's a video on youtube (no link sorry) that gives a brief display of the differences. 
  • Damping on the Constraints tab dampens the extremeties of movement. Higher numbers do not necessarily affect speed, but will make an object slow down quicker. Linear/Angular Damping fields on the RigidBodies tab is more like friction at the socket and will cause the movement to be slow. If you think of it like a clock pendulum, Constraints tab Damping is like a rubber band tied to the bottom of the pendulum. RigidBodies tab Constraints is like someone tightened down the pendulums hinge. 

Archived