Finally Saving up for Gaming Pc

tyuijhgf

So i Finally am able to save up for a Home Built PC :3 my lowest amount of money i'm going to save up is 1k and work with that so im asking YOU the LoversLab community what parts would be good for the best enjoyment of game! 

(i work at a grocery store probs be like 11 weeks of saving up *maximum* for the base line ) (im going to purchase the parts in BitCoin cause i can get a 10% discount basically for the parts) 

Just fer gaming, or will you be doing other stuff like 3D Rendering?

If you'll be doing more than current generation gaming, I'd go for the 8370e and either undervolt it, or get a Hyper 212 Evo to go ontop of it and then overclock it.

Nab an R9 285 as well. You could go the NVidia route, but NVidia cards don't support RadeonPro. RadeonPro is chicken an' gravey, dawg.

Just fer gaming, or will you be doing other stuff like 3D Rendering?

If you'll be doing more than current generation gaming, I'd go for the 8370e and either undervolt it, or get a Hyper 212 Evo to go ontop of it and then overclock it.

Nab an R9 285 as well. You could go the NVidia route, but NVidia cards don't support RadeonPro. RadeonPro is chicken an' gravey, dawg.

I have a Radeon card and I wouldn't recommend it. Too many tabs open running Flash video crashes my GPU and often makes me BSOD. Plus Catalyst is a nightmare. That shit is so easy to break, and it stays broken unless you're a tech genius.

ATI/AMD cards are just shitty. And most games have better NVidia support anyway.

I have a Radeon card and I wouldn't recommend it. Too many tabs open running Flash video crashes my GPU and often makes me BSOD. Plus Catalyst is a nightmare. That shit is so easy to break, and it stays broken unless you're a tech genius.

ATI/AMD cards are just shitty. And most games have better NVidia support anyway.

It depends on the manufacturer who makes the cards around the GPUs -- I'm generally happy about Sapphire and Powercolor's build quality and I am using a PC HD7750 that doesn't break down even with ENB on -- more than a year after I bought it.

I pray that you're not using some dinosaur video card -- made by a third-rate maker from Guandong -- right in your machine. And other factors can also cause CTDs/BSODs -- go check your PC's memory with Memtest86 to see if one of the modules are faulty.

OP: make sure you get your build right and it shouldn't bottleneck on you.

Also going to chime in; I've got an AMD Radeon HD 7850. Before that, had a 6670. Before that...An x300. In my T43 laptop.

Got bunch of tabs 'n' youtube 'n' all that shizzle going. No crashes.

I've also not had a single GPU-related BSOD in the four years I've had AMD's GPUs. They've either been because I forgot to change the sata controller to IDE when loading up XP on my triple boot, or because I've not nailed down my northbridge's overclock.

You should RMA your card.

Or learn to overclock it properly.

Or get the drivers off AMD's website rather than the DVD that came with the card.

Or make sure you've inserted it fully into the PCI-E slot.

Or make sure that it's not being pulled out of the slot by over-zealous screws.

Or make sure that you're not running some ancient bios on the GPU.

Or make sure not to buy used mining cards. Etc.

But I digress.

@OP I'll also add that the AMD GPUs that support Freesync are the R7/R9 series; the 7000 series or older won't be able to. Display Port version differences and whatnot.

So i Finally am able to save up for a Home Built PC :3 my lowest amount of money i'm going to save up is 1k and work with that so im asking YOU the LoversLab community what parts would be good for the best enjoyment of game!

How long until you are done saving? Everything will have changed by then unless you have the money tomorrow.

How to build a cheap gaming pc: put 50% of the budget into gpu and monitor, build around that.

With gaming 80% of the time the bottleneck will be your gpu, so invest heavily in that. $1000 should be enough to get a decent rig set up.

What you should be expecting:

PSU: 50-100$, make sure to get a high enough power output (probably best to go 750W in case you want to sli/crossfire one day)
GPU: varies heavily, don't cheap out here, you should invest about 200-400$ depending on budget
CPU: varies heavily, DO NOT BUY TOO EXPENSIVE IF YOU'RE BUILDING A BUDGET RIG (a decent i5 will only be about $200-250)
RAM: 60-80$ cheap out here, probably wont need more than 8GB
MOBO: 100-150$

Monitor: 1080p + 60hz = 150-200$ at the least
Case: 50-70$

HDD: small WD black or blue should be about 50-70$, SSD will break your balls
accessories: up to you

How to build a cheap gaming pc: put 50% of the budget into gpu and monitor, build around that.

With gaming 80% of the time the bottleneck will be your gpu, so invest heavily in that. $1000 should be enough to get a decent rig set up.

What you should be expecting:

PSU: 50-100$, make sure to get a high enough power output (probably best to go 750W in case you want to sli/crossfire one day)

GPU: varies heavily, don't cheap out here, you should invest about 200-400$ depending on budget

CPU: varies heavily, DO NOT BUY TOO EXPENSIVE IF YOU'RE BUILDING A BUDGET RIG (a decent i5 will only be about $200-250)

RAM: 60-80$ cheap out here, probably wont need more than 8GB

MOBO: 100-150$

Monitor: 1080p + 60hz = 150-200$ at the least

Case: 50-70$

HDD: small WD black or blue should be about 50-70$, SSD will break your balls

accessories: up to you

With PSU the most important thing is the amperage on the 12v rail. Even a pricey psu could have dodgy rails or have multiple rails with low amperage. My rule of thumb is to buy a psu with a good single 12v rail. My EVGA 750w G2 has a fantastic 62.4a rail, stable enough for even the biggest monster of gpus. I'd get a higher power output for multiple gpus obviously. 

Also, I don't know what you've been smoking but SSDs are cheaper than a HDD on average now. Unless you need mass storage, buy an SSD. Nobody should be building a PC without one now. They just make life much more pleasant. A 120Gb SSD can be had for about £40. I don't know in dollars, it isn't expensive and worth the such a small investment. 

Buy a cheap Quad core or the new Pentium anniversary K unlocked CPU, it can overclock to about 4.5Ghz out of the box, for a £50 chip no less. If you don't overclock it, there's no point in buying it, as stock clocks rate it worse than an APU. Overclocked it can stand toe to toe with a 4690k in most games. However, it is only dual core, so it's worth a good thinking of. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived