(WIP) FallsView Lodge

Trykz

The first day I played Skyrim, I spent the entire day and evening just exploring. During my venture, I wandered across the most beautiful location in all of Tamriel:

FallsView.jpg

Having heard all about the player housing previously, I imagined how awesome it would be to have a player house at this location, overlooking this majestic piece of landscape.

Well imagine no more!

I give you FallsView Lodge...

FallsView1.jpg

FallsView2.jpg

FallsView3.jpg

And yes, that IS a cozy little stable in the back to protect your favorite mount from the harsh elements:

FallsView4.jpg

As stated in the title, It's still very much a work in progress. I plan on full amenities for every contingency: smithing, enchanting, alchemy, etc..

This was built with all Skyrim assets. No special mods required. Just drop the esp into your data folder, make sure its enabled in the launcher, and thats it. For now, typing "coc Fallsview" (without quotes, and only for the original file) in the console will put you right inside the front door (I'll be dealing with the markers tomorrow). Once outside, Hillgrunds Tomb is right across the log bridge. Beware the bandit sitting midway accross :P

The landscaping was hell. I pretty much had to rebuild the entire cliffside to fit the house LOL

Update V1.01:

Crafting: added a workbench in the stable, and raised the forge to ground level

Map markers: Are in place and working! (you are still required to discover the location though :P )

Here you go:

<--- with improved first floor lighting, some minor updates to the smithing area in the stable, and now, clothed slaves! (I forgot about the bugged hay, but I'll get to it soon :P

Enjoy!

edit: please report any additional issues for this file in this thread, and I'll get to them as soon as I can. However, I'm fully involved with the adult version, so won't be taking any suggestions/requests for this version. I'll be updating the adult file soon, which I'll be posting to this thread, and keeping it to the adult section of the forum, with all future updates posted there.

That is a good view indeed' date=' but I think one can't sleep well near a great water fall, lol.

Anyway, looking forward to the lodge.:)

[/quote']

I packed extra soundproof insulation into the walls :P

In image #2 it looks like you added a path

The path was always there. It's the one that goes up the mountain across from Fort Amol, next to the cave. It ends further up the river just below Ivarstead, across from the troll cave.

Although, you've given me a few ideas for future additions. Like an extensive, populated cave system with multiple exits all over Tamriel, with branches themed in the style of their exit regions. Perhaps even a grand cavern at the center of it all :D

Dang. You found one of my spots for a dwemer-style abode I've been planning for weeks...lol.

But TY for the homestead. Cannot wait for your additions to this mod.

Guess I'll pick out another spot when I start my project (translation: when I get any rest from massive amounts of overtime at work), since I hate conflicting with others creations.

One idea: Instead of the fallen tree, make a covered wooden bridge that crosses over the falls, with a viewing platform in the middle. A small deck added with benches, for enjoying the view above the falls.

One idea: Instead of the fallen tree' date=' make a covered wooden bridge that crosses over the falls, with a viewing platform in the middle. A small deck added with benches, for enjoying the view above the falls.[/quote']

I like it! But I really like that felled tree :P

However, that doesn't mean there are no other options. I look into what I can use just above or below it, that won't detract from the view at all. It all depends on what the kit includes for parts. There's a ton of stuff in there, and wading through it all is quite a task ;)

If I'm not mistaken, I should be able to build what you're describing from parts, if whole kit pieces aren't available. I'll have a look :)

edit:

Prepare yourselves for what the future has in store! ;)

A nice mod so far....

One quibble - the navmesh is a bit bugged, one of the residents insists on standing in the middle of the table, also the front porch is not companion friendly (companion will not step onto porch, and will not enter house)

Exiting via the front door dumps me on the ground just past the porch, instead of landing me on the porch in front of the door.

(you may just have to play with the elevations of the landing zone?)

There is already a hint in post 6' date=' try it first.

[/quote']

lol finally found it after 30 minutes

there were like 5 different waterfalls near fort amol...

bug reports:

1. the slaves have mixed skin colors (body color doesn't match with face color)

2. straw under the cages bugs out. might want to move the straw up a couple of pixels.

3. was wondering if you could add more lights to the first floor/

thanks

There is already a hint in post 6' date=' try it first.

[/quote']

lol finally found it after 30 minutes

there were like 5 different waterfalls near fort amol...

bug reports:

1. the slaves have mixed skin colors (body color doesn't match with face color)

2. straw under the cages bugs out. might want to move the straw up a couple of pixels.

3. was wondering if you could add more lights to the first floor/

thanks

Thanks for the report. I'll address the straw issue before the next update.

For the skin mismatch, using the setnpcweight console command should fix it (it did for me). For the lighting, I'll add more to the non-adult house, but the adult file will remain just candlelit, as it's low lighting sets the stage for the labyrinth expansion ;)

However, if you would like to add a bit more on your own, there's a console batch file with instructions available on Nexus that you can use to brighten things up yourself. It was also posted here a while back. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll dig up the one I have, and add an attachment to my first post.

had an idea for you since the building into the mountain post, you go back in there, why not make it open up a little behind the waterfall to look out through it? kind of like a batcave effect..can see out to the back of the falls but nothin else really, make for a nice ambient effect and feel in my opinion. food for thought :)

Nice update!

Bug reports

1. duplicate lightposts side by side behind the house

2. duplicate workbenches beside the smelter

3. the guard who stands beside the stable has half his skull in the rock wall. collision problem.

4. for some reason a bunch of bandits spawn ever 5 minutes. Probably not because of this mod. I have another mod installed that increases the chances of meeting hostile NPCs.

suggestions

1. can you make the guards attack hostile things instead of running away?

p.s. this mod is amazing! You should put it on nexus, curse, or steam workshop to gain more popularity. I'm pretty sure this mod will make it on the front page in a minute lol!

Nice update!

Bug reports

1. duplicate lightposts side by side behind the house

2. duplicate workbenches beside the smelter

3. the guard who stands beside the stable has half his skull in the rock wall. collision problem.

4. for some reason a bunch of bandits spawn ever 5 minutes. Probably not because of this mod. I have another mod installed that increases the chances of meeting hostile NPCs.

suggestions

1. can you make the guards attack hostile things instead of running away?

p.s. this mod is amazing! You should put it on nexus' date=' curse, or steam workshop to gain more popularity. I'm pretty sure this mod will make it on the front page in a minute lol!

[/quote']

Umm... reporting problems from the other verion perhaps?

There are no guards outside in this version of FallsView. They exist only in the Mjana's Labyrinth version in the adult section. Wrong version maybe? These issues have already been reported in the other thread, and have been fixed for the next update.

The reason I don't post this to any of the places you listed, is because I don't want to have to provide support across 4 different communities. I'd rather spend my time building on the latest version, than running all over the web checking for issues and providing support.

I had considered putting in on Nexus, but it's doubtful they would allow a support link here to LoversLab to make support easier for me.

Archived