So...two problems.

Jayleia

My horse is gone.  I tried the horn to summon him, but it says I must own a horse...which I do.  Because when I went to the stable to try to rebuy it, he told me he'd sold his last one to me.  Any help on that?

And I have Skald's quest to kill a giant (to get Heljarchen), and its telling me to return to Skald for bounty, but he's not acknowledging that I'm on the quest.

Best thing to do is to go back to one of your hard saves that is if you did any as your save maybe corrupted/buggy and if you save the game while there is a bug that bug will remain in your game forever or till you restart your game. Hard saves are the saves that when you save you save into a new slot and not use only the quick save as a person that only uses quick saves will be SoL when a problem arises as you will not have a good save to go back to as there are none as quick saves overwrite the old save so they are no longer there. 

It is also a good idea when posting a problem with your game is to post your load order as we have no clue as to what you have installed into your game so all we will be doing is guessing as to what might be causing. Have you run LOOT to see if it is a load order issue. 

Best thing to do is to go back to one of your hard saves that is if you did any as your save maybe corrupted/buggy and if you save the game while there is a bug that bug will remain in your game forever or till you restart your game. Hard saves are the saves that when you save you save into a new slot and not use only the quick save as a person that only uses quick saves will be SoL when a problem arises as you will not have a good save to go back to as there are none as quick saves overwrite the old save so they are no longer there. 

It is also a good idea when posting a problem with your game is to post your load order as we have no clue as to what you have installed into your game so all we will be doing is guessing as to what might be causing. Have you run LOOT to see if it is a load order issue. 

Yeah, the thing about the horse bit is I don't recall when the last time I had the horse was...I've done a lot of quick travels since with lots of saves, so finding one with the horse will be...annoying.  Can horsie be console commanded?

LOOT isn't finding a load order problem, and a minor correction, I did have Heljarchen, and had just picked up a bounty quest for some reason.

All things have codes. Just open the console ~ key and type in help whatever horses name in and use the prid command to place the horse by you by typing in the horses ID number. You can find the prid console command by just typing in skyrim console commands into your search bar *Do Not* use the player.placeatme console command as it can and will cause save game bloating. Because the placeatme command places a copy of whatever you have placed by you but there is still the original wherever it is at in your game and the more you use it the more your save game will become bloated till it ceases to work.

Quick travels would fall into the quick save category as they also overwrite the main save file you would have to use one that you made yourself using the save in new slot save option.

Archived