[REQ] Traps that do trap stuff.

Jayleia

So...anyone ever run through a dungeon, hear a snap and see the screen shake...then keep running like the bear trap didn't just snap around your leg?  That shouldn't happen that way, you should stagger or fall, or be trapped as you frantically try to escape the bandits that have already defiled you...and are ready for another round...

Other things could be a basic trip line in a dungeon, running...then falling.  Or if you REALLY want to leave a player helpless...string a rope around chest height along the road...wait for an unsuspecting Dragonborn to race down the road on their horse.  They NEVER put traps on roads in games...

Other ideas for passive traps simple pits (high enough you can't jump out of...but some friendly people can haul you up with this chain...attached to cuffs), oil slicks.  Active NPC controlled "traps" might be weapons like bolas, lassos, nets.

Also, would it be possible to make running through web/being up against wall/floor webbing apply a penalty to Arachnophobia escapes?  Because, webbing, duh.

So...anyone ever run through a dungeon, hear a snap and see the screen shake...then keep running like the bear trap didn't just snap around your leg?  That shouldn't happen that way, you should stagger or fall, or be trapped as you frantically try to escape the bandits that have already defiled you...and are ready for another round...

This part i have or will have covered in next version of this

Other things could be a basic trip line in a dungeon, running...then falling.  Or if you REALLY want to leave a player helpless...string a rope around chest height along the road...wait for an unsuspecting Dragonborn to race down the road on their horse.  They NEVER put traps on roads in games...

This part would be somewhat covered if i ever find the time to start messing with vanilla traps. Tho i don't think i'll ever put any traps in the outside world.

Other ideas for passive traps simple pits (high enough you can't jump out of...but some friendly people can haul you up with this chain...attached to cuffs), oil slicks.  Active NPC controlled "traps" might be weapons like bolas, lassos, nets.

And this i'm afraid is not going to happen as making such events is quite complicated and very time consuming.

This part i have or will have covered in next version of this

This part would be somewhat covered if i ever find the time to start messing with vanilla traps. Tho i don't think i'll ever put any traps in the outside world.

And this i'm afraid is not going to happen as making such events is quite complicated and very time consuming.

Nice to hear you're working on that...and don't take this the wrong way, but I HATE your mod! :P   I NEVER see them...and even if I CTD 3 times and have to replay a level 3 times (not your mod doing that), I STILL get surprised when I run through the trap!  You'd think I'd learn.

But a tripline that spawns appropriate enemies in world to...add items or remove clothing would be awesome (but only rarely, it could get annoying FAST), maybe in a hardore mode?

And yeah, I figured the events would be difficult.  Doesn't mean they wouldn't be fun and cool though

Nice to hear you're working on that...and don't take this the wrong way, but I HATE your mod! :P   I NEVER see them...and even if I CTD 3 times and have to replay a level 3 times (not your mod doing that), I STILL get surprised when I run through the trap!  You'd think I'd learn.

Nice to know that they are working exactly as intended  :D

When i would eventually get to hard mods you ll get something to sweeten your defeat at least  ;)

Traps that cause tripping and falling and then animation triggers that could happen when an actor fell down if possible could be a more universal way of handling things.

There are already things like dragur shout that could knock PC/NPC down and werebear seems to be able to knock down NPCs.

Archived