Shogun 2

Tensu_Makadi

Just wondering if anyone here has played this and can recommend any mods I have beaten almost every campaign on very hard domination and while it is fun once you get going steam rolling right through the computer on the final 1/3 or so of the provinces needed to complete the campaign gets kind of bleh.

I'm currently playing an ikko ikki and just tearing through the map with monks inciting revolts and an all ashigaru corp of troops.  

Well, the obvious mods that come to my mind are Radious and Darth mod?

They usually overhaul the game quite massively in all aspects. I haven't really played Shogun though with these, its simply not my favorite timeline/setting, andwhile you could play every faction to the end it seems I get bored almost an hour into the game, no matter what faction :lol:

I prefer the overly bashed Rome 2 at the moment :dodgy:

The only reason I haven't tried Rome 2 is because I'm not that interested in that "region" in that era and haven't heard of any single improvement over shogun 2, in fact I have actually heard of even worse bugs then what I see in shogun 2. I'd prefer china and would really rather see a Total War game set in/around China's Three Kingdom era some 4/500 years later. Meh I'm a Japanese descendant and really love China's warring states and three kingdoms eras as well as the sengoku jidai and boshin senso in Japan.

Edit: And thank you for the recommendations but where do I find those I search Radious Shogun 2 and seem to get Rome 2

The only reason I haven't tried Rome 2 is because I'm not that interested in that "region" in that era and haven't heard of any single improvement over shogun 2, in fact I have actually heard of even worse bugs then what I see in shogun 2. I'd prefer china and would really rather see a Total War game set in/around China's Three Kingdom era some 4/500 years later. Meh I'm a Japanese descendant and really love China's warring states and three kingdoms eras as well as the sengoku jidai and boshin senso in Japan.

Edit: And thank you for the recommendations but where do I find those I search Radious Shogun 2 and seem to get Rome 2

Then check out romance of three kingdoms series :)

Yes, Total War is a lot about historical preferences :D , and if you ask the majority about Rome, then its the worst game ever, but they are all wrong and simply entitled spoiled brats sitting on a high horse...the only thing Shogun 2 that I miss from Rome is a family-tree ...sadly also one of the most important things ever...but it seems the next game "Attila" might rectify this ... finally...

Anyway, have you tried the Steam-Workshop? Search for "radious" and you get numerous hits for his mods. alternatively try TW center, Radious has his own section there for Shogun 2

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1758-Radious-Total-War-Mod

You can install anything you want: Only his tweaks to the campaign, or his additional units, or all of it. I tried it for a couple of hours and it seems to change gameplay quite a bit, and if anything the many additional units might spice-up your game as well.

And I wonder what the next "real" total War will be...so many people ask for something Asian again, though I doubt it somehow...maybe ancient China could be cool, but is that really marketable? Guess in the end its Medieval 3 ... or at least this era/timeframe. Good enough for me. Or finally that Warhammer Game *sigh* :angel:

Then check out romance of three kingdoms series :)

The only one I haven't played yet is 12. I have actually been playing a RoTK 11 campaign with a custom force and been tearing up China since I got Lu Bu and the Ma Family on my side.

I play a huge long list of games including Romance of the Three Kingdoms and recently Dynasty Warriors Empires. Grew up on Nobunaga's Ambition and Romance of the Three Kingdoms and love that sort of tactical strategy but always wanted something that gave me better control in battle and that's the only reason Total War: Shogun 2 got a chance after playing TW:Empire.

Found Radious on steam but can someone give me a better description of what it overhauls or maybe rather how. I mean ok it reworks AI I'm hoping that means it makes the AI more intelligent and less "lets stay in the base while we are getting peppered by arrows even though we out number them". I realize that strategy does work for the player as I have used it to decimate invading forces several times, usually when I'm the one out numbered, but I have literally attacked Takeda with half the number of forces and won because I had so many archers  and no one came out to stop them so when I climbed the walls there were almost no troops left to defend.

Does the mod change the "time scale" or something like that. I liked Fall of the Samurai's 3 or 4 turns per season, don't remember exactly, deal made it feel much more natural to wait instead of being on the war path constantly.  

Archived