Sexla Aroused Replacement Discussion

Whatever is done needs to have a minimal papyrus impact.  SexLab already stores the last sex date and reputation is a complex subject.  Your reputation can be faction replaced or something as simple as relationshiprank, but the latter is pretty limited +/-4 doesn't give much room,  This value is used throughout skyrim to determine dialog options of its various residents and might be used to determine "arousal" potential.

As mentioned above, arousal is really the wrong word to use.   Arousal is your current desire to have sex soon.  Interest might lead to arousal and interest might be derived from reputation.

I like that idea fishburger...using relationshiprank as a multiplier for arousal. -4 could be x0, -3 x0.25. -2 x0.5, -1 x0.75, 0 x1, 1 x1.25, 2 x1.5, 3 x1.75 and 4 x2. Or something like that, so the better your relationship with someone, the more likely you will be able to get them going.

That is kinda what I had in mind except that I view aroused and desire as two separate issues.  Desire should be based on relationshiprank or something similar.   That gives you a chance to have sex and the arousal level gives you a chance to have sex now.  In my view, this should be mitigated by the marriage faction and / or crime tolerance which all NPCs have.  So, say with someone not married with a high crime tolerance and they haven't had sex in a while, they would be 100% likely to have sex with you.  At the other end, a married person with a low crime tolerance would never have sex with you even if they had never had sex (as far as the system is concerned).  I can only think of 4 NPCs which you would have no chance at sex with and I wouldn't want to have sex with any of them.  And remember, for sex to be conceptual, both parties need high arousal and desire.  As I see it, the Dragonborn is popular with everyone, so he/she is naturally attractive to everyone.  The only issue then is computing the desire of the other NPCs.

I used the Random Sex mod in a controlled environment with a fixed number of NPCs and a fixed number of min and max times (10 seconds) between events as a stress tester. With SLA the game CTDs usually within an hour, more or less. Testing your Redux with the same setup got no CTDs after several hours of letting randomness do it's thing. I finally called the experiment because I needed the computer it was running on for something else. So even if you never touch your Redux again, you have already achieved your mission and I thank you for it.

As to future developments, maybe just keep the model really nice and simple? If I have to choose between zero CTDs and a wonderfully complexified model of some arbitrary measurand called "arousal" using arbitrary input quantities plugged into some arbitrary function at the cost of CTDs .. well, obviously there is no choice. But maybe collecting numbers for the model isn't what causes CTDs? Is it the cloak effect, or something else?

As I see it, there are two uses for an "arousal" mod, and they should probably be separated:

• A "cooldown" on sex events/effects
  • "I am soo horny" events/effects

The former would work something like, "if it's been a while since you had a sex event, things that might cause sex events become more likely to do so", and would probably want to be integrated into the core framework. It would probably also not be called "arousal".

I can see this working two ways:

• A single variable that stores the last time the character had a sex event
  • A log of sex events that mods can check. (e.g.: "how long has it been since the last time the player had sex with a dragon")

In either case, it doesn't do anything on its own, and it's up to other mods to do things like: "if you have had sex in the past 24 hours, the guards at the temple of chastity will stop you from entering", or, "if you've had sex with a dragon, you start craving it. Dragons get a +1% bonus to rape actions against you for every 15 minutes since you last had sex with one."

The latter would want to be developed into a "deeper" experience than just "there's a number somewhere", and would do things like:

• Allow for aphrodisiacs
  • At high levels, make the character stop to masturbate, or rape available NPCs, depending on variables like morality and orientation
  • At even higher levels, make the character stop to masturbate *even in combat*
  • At high levels, remove options to say "no" to sex

This would have its own configuration, such as:

• Does sex make you less horny or more?
  • What effect does being seen naked have on your arousal?

Maybe cooldown should be provided by the genitals, since men and women are different here. Men have a refractory period, but women stay as horny or more. You can pretty much keep them cranked up and/or cumming until you're ready again.

But yeah, allow for modification due to aphrodisiacs, sex magic, ancient body disciplines, freakish gifts seen only in hentai, etc.

Whatever is done needs to have a minimal papyrus impact.  SexLab already stores the last sex date and reputation is a complex subject.  Your reputation can be faction replaced or something as simple as relationshiprank, but the latter is pretty limited +/-4 doesn't give much room,  This value is used throughout skyrim to determine dialog options of its various residents and might be used to determine "arousal" potential.

As mentioned above, arousal is really the wrong word to use.   Arousal is your current desire to have sex soon.  Interest might lead to arousal and interest might be derived from reputation.

The reason I ask if the formula for doing such was in a core mod such as arousal someone could create a reputation based mod utilizing arousal mod without developing scripts that might conflict with the mod. Lets face it LL has turned the Dragonborn into a Dragonwhore in a most deviant way. She needs approaches and comments based upon her level of proclivity in order to reward her for her depravity.

If you can build a viable and efficient arousal handling algorithm, you only need one, so why not integrate it into the framework? If it's as globally applicable as it should be, then the choice of modules should be for special modifiers, not the core.

I already plan on including the arousal algorithm directly in the framework, which will take care of 80% of the uses for SexLabAroused so most mods can drop the dependency. 

However, I want to keep the framework completely inert in terms of scripting, the only time it should ever be actively doing something is because a mod using the framework told it to. So certain more indepth features from SexLabAroused such as the active NPC scanning for handling exhibitionism, increasing arousal based on other nearby NPCs, and the integration with other SexLab mods doesn't fit into the framework itself and need to remain it's own separate mod.

As I see it, there are two uses for an "arousal" mod, and they should probably be separated:

• A "cooldown" on sex events/effects
  • "I am soo horny" events/effects

The former would work something like, "if it's been a while since you had a sex event, things that might cause sex events become more likely to do so", and would probably want to be integrated into the core framework. It would probably also not be called "arousal".

I can see this working two ways:

• A single variable that stores the last time the character had a sex event
  • A log of sex events that mods can check. (e.g.: "how long has it been since the last time the player had sex with a dragon")

In either case, it doesn't do anything on its own, and it's up to other mods to do things like: "if you have had sex in the past 24 hours, the guards at the temple of chastity will stop you from entering", or, "if you've had sex with a dragon, you start craving it. Dragons get a +1% bonus to rape actions against you for every 15 minutes since you last had sex with one."

The latter would want to be developed into a "deeper" experience than just "there's a number somewhere", and would do things like:

• Allow for aphrodisiacs
  • At high levels, make the character stop to masturbate, or rape available NPCs, depending on variables like morality and orientation
  • At even higher levels, make the character stop to masturbate *even in combat*
  • At high levels, remove options to say "no" to sex

This would have its own configuration, such as:

• Does sex make you less horny or more?
  • What effect does being seen naked have on your arousal?

Absolutely no to the bolded, no one is going to stop and whack it in the middle of combat, ever, same if some is really horny they can and do say no. Lets be somewhat realistic here, we already have a plethora of bizarre sex mods, it would be nice to have more that are more down to earth and realistic to a degree.

If you can build a viable and efficient arousal handling algorithm, you only need one, so why not integrate it into the framework? If it's as globally applicable as it should be, then the choice of modules should be for special modifiers, not the core.

I already plan on including the arousal algorithm directly in the framework, which will take care of 80% of the uses for SexLabAroused so most mods can drop the dependency. 

However, I want to keep the framework completely inert in terms of scripting, the only time it should ever be actively doing something is because a mod using the framework told it to. So certain more indepth features from SexLabAroused such as the active NPC scanning for handling exhibitionism, increasing arousal based on other nearby NPCs, and the integration with other SexLab mods doesn't fit into the framework itself and need to remain it's own separate mod.

Thank you for the insight into your plans.  It would be nice to get rid entirely of the arousal computations in Aroused and pass it all on to you.  In particular, Aroused now stores values using StorageUtil calls and I have no idea how efficient they are. SLA makes LOTS of calls into StorateUtil every time it computes arousal which happens in my mod every other minute and with every sex act.

If you could make all (or most) the calls in slaFrameWorkScr native, that would be a huge improvement in papyrus impact.

Look forward to seeing your work.

I used the Random Sex mod in a controlled environment with a fixed number of NPCs and a fixed number of min and max times (10 seconds) between events as a stress tester. With SLA the game CTDs usually within an hour, more or less. Testing your Redux with the same setup got no CTDs after several hours of letting randomness do it's thing. I finally called the experiment because I needed the computer it was running on for something else. So even if you never touch your Redux again, you have already achieved your mission and I thank you for it.

As to future developments, maybe just keep the model really nice and simple? If I have to choose between zero CTDs and a wonderfully complexified model of some arbitrary measurand called "arousal" using arbitrary input quantities plugged into some arbitrary function at the cost of CTDs .. well, obviously there is no choice. But maybe collecting numbers for the model isn't what causes CTDs? Is it the cloak effect, or something else?

I agree wholeheartedly.  Papyrus impact should be the first and foremost priority for any modder and for SAR, I intend to keep it REALLY simple.  Hopefully, Ashal will make all the computations inside of a nice native dll and life will be really good.