My Skyrim got broke.... No audio & Naked Guards!!

Niggabanana

EDIT : Ok so i found what caused the naked Markarth/Stormcloak guard bug, it was a Reference ID mistakenly deleted by Savetool when i was cleaning my save. It affected all the save of my Nord character but not other saves. CWO & IA both do some changes in the guards of the hold (e.g. faction & appearance) and it generates some scriptintances that the Savetool detected as "Obsolete" and deleted it automatically.

As for the Audio Bug, it isn't the driver nor the game, it was an error in my part for i've forgotten my Audio settings and set it up with Fill 5.1 Speakers (I own a speaker & Subwoofer set though they have automatic settings even if you fiddle it via PC) and change it to "Speaker Surround Ehancement" which led to the game having to adapt to the setting and of course only have sounds on the side and non on the rear and center.

As for the people who'd posted and gave their time at this post. THANK YOU and sorry for the bother :D

Well i recently did a mis-half on upgrading Dual Sheathe Redux from 1.6b - 1.7, forgetting a step in the uninstallation was the least of my problems after finding out you cou'd de-install 1.6b and just install 1.7 and play your save without doing the whole uninstallation proccess.

Other users suggested that i shou'd use "Savetool"  and "Skyrim Save Cleaner" which i did without hesitation. I did followed the process of cleaning my save via the Mod page of those said utilities. Took minutes to complete each proccess though the result of it caused my Skyrim to gone broke.

In Savetool i selected Reset Havok, FixScriptInstances & #Fixall which led to the tool removing FormIDs' & ReferenceID in Skyrim.esm. That caused the Naked Markarth guards bug (but not all Guards are naked, just the guards near the gate, and around the city exterior, other guards inside buildings are all fine, even the one patrolling the intersection). I did the process again hoping it was just a fluke, but to as the previous result, it broke another thing in my Skyrim.

Audio of Skyrim gone crap, i mean whenever i'm talking to NPC their voice is either muted or silent like whispering, but if you correct your camera angle e.g. rotating it a bit in-game, their voices are returned back to normal, but in that specific angle / view the bug occurs everytime. I mean BG music, effects & footsteps are all fine except wherever the camera / crosshair is facing there's no sound. :(

Skyrim Save Cleaner on the other did exactly what  Savetool did but it didn't have any bugs / flaws so the real problem here is the Savetool's "Cleaning". 

I did some methods like replacing my current Skyrim's content with my Backup content but that didn't work. Load a previous save but still didn't work, Loading saves with different characters e.g. race will show no since of the said problem, My lvl 86 Nord is the only one that has this disease and all of the previous saves of this said character.

Aside from that there's no other bugs I've yet to encounter. So if anyone knows how to fix it please, PLEASE post it. As a 190 hours of Gameplay is a serious deal to me, and i don't want to start-off a new one in the near future (I just want to finish all of the quests & clear out every place in Skyrim).

Edit : Reverted to Vanilla Skyrim, Naked bug gone, Audio bug still intact even after updating / reinstalled Sound card Driver.

attached my Nord save Game for those who'd want to check it out:

Saves.rar

Guest Omega1084

Have you tried making a new character to see if the bugs persist as opposed to using older save files?
If the bugs continue to happen then your save isn't to blame but your game setup might be.

Have you tried making a new character to see if the bugs persist as opposed to using older save files?

If the bugs continue to happen then your save isn't to blame but your game setup might be.

I have tried it with different characters. One doesn't have the naked guards but has the no audio where the Camera is facing etc. The Game setup is partially blamed, since i DID cleaned it using Savetool & Skyrim Save Cleaner which deletes "Invalid" Scripts, FormIDs, ReferenceIDs. That must have caused this bugs to occur.

Guest Omega1084

I have tried it with different characters. One doesn't have the naked guards but has the no audio where the Camera is facing etc. The Game setup is partially blamed, since i DID cleaned it using Savetool & Skyrim Save Cleaner which deletes "Invalid" Scripts, FormIDs, ReferenceIDs. That must have caused this bugs to occur.

Have you tried verifying your steam cache?

That will usually fix big problems like this.

Alternatively you can use this guide to return Skyrim to "Vanilla" state and start fresh.

It could solve your problems:

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Make_Skyrim_Vanilla_Again

Have you tried verifying your steam cache?

That will usually fix big problems like this.

Alternatively you can use this guide to return Skyrim to "Vanilla" state and start fresh.

It could solve your problems:

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Make_Skyrim_Vanilla_Again

I'll try that method, though i did unzip skyrim.esm, DLCs' & other major Skyrim components but still i'll try

Do you use MO?

if yes, then each profile has it's own set of configuration files, hence why the audio might work in one profile but not in another.

Did you uninstall or merge a mod that changes outfits from guards?
if you uninstalled such a mod, then clean your save game with one of the many save game cleaners to get rid of the now errornous (default) outfits.

if you merged such a plugin, then the Form iDs stored for the parts of the outfits could have become invalid, resulting in the engine not being able to resolve them, hence why the guards are naked. To check for such an (merging) error use TES5Edit, load the merged file, right click on the plugin after TES5Edit finished loading and click on "Check for errors". On how to fix it: Consult one of the many TES5Edit guides.

I was the one advising you to use the Script save tool.

As Omega said, those two new bugs could be due to a corrupted file (verify the cache/file integrity - this will not delete your mods but should return your settings to default), so please do that first. Also check your in-game sound settings, you could have something disabled or tweaked. 

Could also be some mod error too. Do you use any NPC/guard overhaul that changes Markhart guards? Do you use any sound mod?

Another approach, before setting everything to vanilla (last resort) is to install an guard overhaul and a sound mod and see if it changes anything, to narrow down the issue cause. 

Do you use MO?

if yes, then each profile has it's own set of configuration files, hence why the audio might work in one profile but not in another.

Did you uninstall or merge a mod that changes outfits from guards?

if you uninstalled such a mod, then clean your save game with one of the many save game cleaners to get rid of the now errornous (default) outfits.

if you merged such a plugin, then the Form iDs stored for the parts of the outfits could have become invalid, resulting in the engine not being able to resolve them, hence why the guards are naked. To check for such an (merging) error use TES5Edit, load the merged file, right click on the plugin after TES5Edit finished loading and click on "Check for errors". On how to fix it: Consult one of the many TES5Edit guides.

-I use NMM & Wryebash for patching & Merging, though i only do the Bashed Patch and didn't touch anything other than that.

-I don't have any mods that alter Hold's gaurd outfits, IA only alters their helmets & weapons, therefore the problem is not with mods.

I was the one advising you to use the Script save tool.

As Omega said, those two new bugs could be due to a corrupted file (verify the cache/file integrity - this will not delete your mods but should return your settings to default), so please do that first. Also check your in-game sound settings, you could have something disabled or tweaked. 

Could also be some mod error too. Do you use any NPC/guard overhaul that changes Markhart guards? Do you use any sound mod?

Another approach, before setting everything to vanilla (last resort) is to install an guard overhaul and a sound mod and see if it changes anything, to narrow down the issue cause. 

Yes, and thank you for the point out on those tools, though i did asked some people outside the site about the same problems and they gave me the option of using those options in Savetool & Skyrim Save cleaner specially advanced.

-In-game sound settings are vanilla, from the UI to the ini files, nothing has been tweaked on those except for visual edits & Papyrus. I did installed IA for NPCs', though that didn't solve the problem & the sound bug only applies to the back and front angle of the camera, the sides has all the the sound while the Front and rear angles only get the BG music, echos', effect etc.

Test using a fully vanilla Skyrim (not even a single mod file installed instead of only deactivating plugins), as already suggested multiple times, and if this works the problem(s) come from a mod.
if it doesn't solve the sound problem, update the soundcard driver.

The missing armor is definitly caused by a plugin, but figuring out which is up to you, using trial and error, as everything else is just guessing.

I remember once, after updating a mod that changes the children faces in the game (RS) and their clothes (P&P), that needed a "clean save" (meaning save, uninstall previous version, load, save again, install new version, load), all the Whiterun children that are running near the entrance gate where in underwear - I did the clean save in that area; using the console - click - disable/enable, they reset to the proper clothing, it was a save issue. Probably the same thing happened here.

I remember once, after updating a mod that changes the children faces in the game (RS) and their clothes (P&P), that needed a "clean save" (meaning save, uninstall previous version, load, save again, install new version, load), all the Whiterun children that are running near the entrance gate where in underwear - I did the clean save in that area; using the console - click - disable/enable, they reset to the proper clothing, it was a save issue. Probably the same thing happened here.

-I did tried to disable/enable guards via console, but that didn't make them disappear / re-appear as for doing kill & resurrect command, killing them & looking at their inventory, they have the armor / clothes but not equipped, reviving those bastards will make their clothes / armor disappear, same with previous save with the old version of DSR.

Archived