Modding help.

Kelpie

I've looked through some of the mods for clothing/armor looking for a really simple mod that removes the pants from the female version of the college robes, ragged robe, and prisoner clothing (personally I think the robes are more like tunics if they have pants underneath) but no one has made such a simple mod. I downloaded nifskope and blender but I can't figure out how to use them at all. I looked at several tutorials but still can't get it to do much. Can someone help me out? Tell me what to do, point me to a good tutorial, or by just doing it if you don't want to deal with my ignorance. :P I am new to all of this.

Were all pretty new with skyrim, and the construction kit just being released, I wish I could help you, but I have not probed Skyrim enough to be confident of what I know about the textures and .nif files yet.

The version of Nifskope I have is still pretty beta looking, I can open the models and manage some stuff in them, but Not as well as I would like.

I have been concentrating on the dialog, mostly right now, which seems to have some bugs in it. But it could be my understanding as well.

There were a lot of clothing mods Out you might find what you want already available.

That said if the clothing has separate branches for the upper, and lower clothing parts it should be easy enough to remove the lower clothing branch, and save the original Nif file first, then renaming your new nif to the original Nif name.

However if they are 2 separate Nif files one for the pants and one for the top, you might have to exchange the pants for the lower body parts of a female. or make a new nif file of the lower body parts of a female, and make that the nif file for the pants in the construction kit.

Many ways to do it. but will take some trial and error I am sure. so always back up something before you change it.

Were all pretty new with skyrim' date=' and the construction kit just being released, I wish I could help you, but I have not probed Skyrim enough to be confident of what I know about the textures and .nif files yet.

The version of Nifskope I have is still pretty beta looking, I can open the models and manage some stuff in them, but Not as well as I would like.

I have been concentrating on the dialog, mostly right now, which seems to have some bugs in it. But it could be my understanding as well.

There were a lot of clothing mods Out you might find what you want already available.

That said if the clothing has separate branches for the upper, and lower clothing parts it should be easy enough to remove the lower clothing branch, and save the original Nif file first, then renaming your new nif to the original Nif name.

However if they are 2 separate Nif files one for the pants and one for the top, you might have to exchange the pants for the lower body parts of a female. or make a new nif file of the lower body parts of a female, and make that the nif file for the pants in the construction kit.

Many ways to do it. but will take some trial and error I am sure. so always back up something before you change it.

[/quote']

Thanks Galgat, I appreciate the help. :)

Yup, all I can do on Nifskope is view the model. Nothing else to it. I still can't figure out blender to save my life. :P I can import but I got nothing after that.

I took a look at all the clothing mods I could find but all of them take away much more than what I'm looking for. I guess I'm a bit more modest in my skyrim clothing tastes. :blush: Too bad Bethesda changed the armor/clothing slots to 1 instead of leaving it at 2 like Oblivion. That would take care of the problem right there. :P I couldn't do any mesh modding for Oblivion or Morrowind either. :blush:

From what I saw in Nifskope the models are just one file. Upper and lower combined. Too bad I can't just click on a pair of scissors and snip what I want off. :P

I'm off to view more tutorials and experiment a bit with blender.

Happy Valentines Day to yall. :D

(By the way, I love the animated gif you have in your posts.) :D

yeah I looked at the nif file of what you were asking about, and it is all one piece, and looks like it replaced the body.

only way I think it could be done right is by merging the body, and clothing mod in Blender, or 3dmax, and then removing the polygons you did not want [leaving some skin, and some clothing], saving the finished nif file, and the placing it in the CK (construction kit) as the target nif file for that piece of clothing. Or creating a whole new mage outfit, and dropping it in a chest somewhere where you could find it.

More that I am set up to do right now. I too have not hunted up all the blender scripts needed yet to do much with skyrim models.

I need to search for that stuff. just have been waiting until it gets more streamlined, I did get some scripts that allow me to do some stuff in blender for skyrim, but not really enough, many export problems in what I have. I have to like convert to light wave, then obj, and then something else is a real pain.

Archived