CTD when fast traveling to the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary

PukinDumpling

Greetings people of Skyrim,

I have a problem with my setup. 

My game crashes whenever I fast travel to the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary or anwhere close (like the "Roadside Ruins"). 

Sometimes it crashes after I load a savegame and fast travel there right away, sometimes it happens when I load the same savegame a second time and fast travel there.

I have created a Bashed Patch with WryeBash

I am using ENBoost

I am using SKSE's built-in Memory Patch

I am using Mod Organizer

I am going desperate :sad:

My mod list (MO Installation order):

My Load Order (LOOT-sorted)

Please let me know if you know anything I do not know about my setup. And feel free to ask me anything concerning it. I will ask as soon as possible.

Thanks so much in advance!

Try disabling the autosave in game, and disablin/uninstalling autosave manager, ir just turn iff autosave on fast travel. I had a similar problem and that helped me.

Hi! Thank you for posting. I tried what you suggested but without success, unfortunately.

But what what I found out: It doesn't crash when I uninstall Convenient Horses. I have to add that I obtained Shadowmere but Frost is still standing at the entrance of the Brotherhood Sanctuary.

So when I fast travel there, there are two horses. Maybe that could be a problem for Convenient Horses?

Well if it works without the Convienent Horses mod then keep it off but if you absolutly want it, kill frost so he wont try to travel with you, and if he is t killable(idk if he is essential or not since you get him in a quest) just open the console click on frost and type either "disable" or "markfordelete" so no more frost following you and hopefully no crashes as well

Well if it works without the Convienent Horses mod then keep it off but if you absolutly want it, kill frost so he wont try to travel with you, and if he is t killable(idk if he is essential or not since you get him in a quest) just open the console click on frost and type either "disable" or "markfordelete" so no more frost following you and hopefully no crashes as well

Will try that. I'll keep you posted. Thank you! :)

Update: Hm... Neither disabling Shadomere nor Frost has helped. I also tried to move them both to another location and fast traveled, disabled and reenabled them and fast traveled. - Nothing. Strange.

I would really rather not play without Convenient Horses because Vanilla horses are annyoing.

SkyRealism - Time and Travel.esp have you checked to see if this the culprit?

If all else fails you could try turning 3 or so mods off at a time and keep loading the game and checking till you no longer get a CTD waeping there then you can go back out of the game and start turning 1 mod back on at a time from the group that you just turned off till you find the one that is causing and then you can remove it.

SkyRealism - Time and Travel.esp have you checked to see if this the culprit?

If all else fails you could try turning 3 or so mods off at a time and keep loading the game and checking till you no longer get a CTD waeping there then you can go back out of the game and start turning 1 mod back on at a time from the group that you just turned off till you find the one that is causing and then you can remove it.

Thank you a lot for commenting!

It was not SkyRealism - Time and Travel, it crashed even without it being installed.

Deactivating all of the mods after another would be my final attempt for it would be quite tedious with the huge number of mods I am running. :D

So if anyone else is able to spot a potential culprit I would be more than grateful!

Chiming in here. I am having the same issue. Whenever I want to fast travel to the DB sanctuary, I get a CTD. I tried fast travelling to Falkreath and walking the rest of the way, but as soon as I go around the corner (where Barnabas was waiting during one of the Daedric quests), I get a CTD again. So it seems something is going wrong with that area.

I have checked my papyrus log and found nothing to indicate a problem.

This is my load order:

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
ApachiiHairMales.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
MFVM.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
SexLab.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
SexLab Attraction.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
SexLab Brawling Rape.esp
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
BetterQuestObjectives.esp
Devious Devices For Him.esp
Brothers.esp
Better Skill and Quest Books Names.esp
SexLabStopCombat.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.esp
MasculinizedLevelListsDG.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
SC07SexLabRandomAttack.esp
Brawl Bugs CE.esp
SexLab Submit.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
Dalls_New_Hjerim.esp
A Thane-Worthy Breezehome.esp
BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp
RaceMenuPluginXPMSE.esp
Devious Deviants.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-Hearthfire.esp
HSTNF.esp
SexLab Romance.esp
Nine_Divines_Amulet.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-BSaQBPatch.esp
MidasSkyrim.esp
MoreNastyCritters.esp
NPC_Overhaul_V_1_.esp
Housecarlsrevamp.esp
MasculinizedLevelLists.esp
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
MFVM_Hearthfire_Patch.esp
Mighty Beasts - Werewolf.esp
Mighty Beasts - Vampire Lord.esp
MarryMe.esp
Presets 2-3.esp
SexLab Cumshot.esp
RaceMenu.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
MasculinizedLevelListsDB.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SexLab Approach.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
HentaiCreatures.esp
SkyUI.esp
USKP_NPCoverhaul_Patch.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
lakeviewdock1.2.esp
SpousesEnhanced.esp
Necessary Map Markers (all files included).esp
Devious Cidhna.esp
zenet_GagQuest.esp
FastTravelAlle.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp

I haven't added or removed any mods. Last time I was in that area was for the Daedric Quest and I didn't get the ctd then. it is rather... strange.

For the completists, here is my papyrus log:

Chiming in here. I am having the same issue. Whenever I want to fast travel to the DB sanctuary, I get a CTD. I tried fast travelling to Falkreath and walking the rest of the way, but as soon as I go around the corner (where Barnabas was waiting during one of the Daedric quests), I get a CTD again. So it seems something is going wrong with that area.

This is my load order:

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Dawnguard.esm

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp

HearthFires.esm

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

ApachiiHairMales.esm

ZaZAnimationPack.esm

ApachiiHairFemales.esm

ClimatesOfTamriel.esm

ApachiiHair.esm

Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm

MFVM.esm

Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm

SexLab.esm

Devious Devices - Assets.esm

SexLab Attraction.esm

SexLabAroused.esm

Devious Devices - Integration.esm

Devious Devices - Expansion.esm

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp

SexLab Brawling Rape.esp

Auto Unequip Ammo.esp

BetterQuestObjectives.esp

Devious Devices For Him.esp

Brothers.esp

Better Skill and Quest Books Names.esp

SexLabStopCombat.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.esp

MasculinizedLevelListsDG.esp

SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp

SC07SexLabRandomAttack.esp

Brawl Bugs CE.esp

SexLab Submit.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

Dalls_New_Hjerim.esp

A Thane-Worthy Breezehome.esp

BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp

RaceMenuPluginXPMSE.esp

Devious Deviants.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-Hearthfire.esp

HSTNF.esp

SexLab Romance.esp

Nine_Divines_Amulet.esp

Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp

BetterQuestObjectives-BSaQBPatch.esp

MidasSkyrim.esp

MoreNastyCritters.esp

NPC_Overhaul_V_1_.esp

Housecarlsrevamp.esp

MasculinizedLevelLists.esp

SexLabNudeCreatures.esp

SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp

MFVM_Hearthfire_Patch.esp

Mighty Beasts - Werewolf.esp

Mighty Beasts - Vampire Lord.esp

MarryMe.esp

Presets 2-3.esp

SexLab Cumshot.esp

RaceMenu.esp

SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp

MasculinizedLevelListsDB.esp

TheEyesOfBeauty.esp

Schlongs of Skyrim.esp

SexLab Approach.esp

SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp

HentaiCreatures.esp

SkyUI.esp

USKP_NPCoverhaul_Patch.esp

dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

lakeviewdock1.2.esp

SpousesEnhanced.esp

Necessary Map Markers (all files included).esp

Devious Cidhna.esp

zenet_GagQuest.esp

FastTravelAlle.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

I haven't added or removed any mods. Last time I was in that area was for the Daedric Quest and I didn't get the ctd then. it is rather... strange.

I have not done the Barbas (you mean "Barbas", right?!) quest yet.

Is that maybe it?

But why does deativating Convenient Horses help then?! I am absolutely clueless...

This is my load order:

- snipped-

Is that maybe it?

But why does deativating Convenient Horses help then?! I am absolutely clueless...

Ah yes, I did mean Barbas (though Barnabas is a good name for an annoying dog as well I guess)

And honestly, I have no idea either. Since I was having more and more problems with my install, I am currently doing a complete re-install of everything. Hopefully in my new install I will no longer get CTD when going to the Sanctuary. We shall see :)

This is my load order:

- snipped-

Is that maybe it?

Ah yes, I did mean Barbas (though Barnabas is a good name for an annoying dog as well I guess)

And honestly, I have no idea either. Since I was having more and more problems with my install, I am currently doing a complete re-install of everything. Hopefully in my new install I will no longer get CTD when going to the Sanctuary. We shall see :)

Yeah, I also set up my game completely from scratch now. The must pure and minimalistic mod setup I have ever had. Less than 100 esp's. With most of them being patches and fixes.

Feels goog to not have encounterned any CTD, yet... With more than 6 hours into the game... :)

Let me know if you can make it stable yourself, though. I would really like to know.

So far my install is extremely stable (about 12 hours of play) and, dare I say it, a LOT faster than it was before. I decided to follow the STEP-guide for this install and I must say it Skyrim looks amazing now. I am amazed it is so fast as well, since I have A LOT more mods now (129 vs. 70 before). And no ctd as of yet. So I am a happy chappy again :D

I hope your game stay stable as well from now on.

Archived