Brace yourselves, Elder Scrolls 6 is coming.

Womb Raider

My heart almost skipped a beat. Dang.

Yeah, ESO  - the Jupiter of games, a huge uninhabitable ball of poisonous gas sucking everything into it's gravity well. I think it's put paid to us seeing a new TES any time soon. Fucking idiots, making games nobody wants, not making games everybody wants. 

I only hope it will be a PC first not a damn console port, less bugs a lot more improved A.I<===very importend skyrim sucks in AI and diversity also voice and lines sucks.

No every damn cave with almost same enemy's.

We need more diversity.

Better story and no potato head kids :D

Then im happy to see Elder Scrolls VI other wise they shove it up there ass.

I agree. Make the PC version and then dumb it down for the console users. Not a console version released on the PC like we have with Skyrim.

I have no doubts that the next TES will come with the CK due to the amazing amount of work people have done and the creativity of mods that continue to flow unchecked. So I'm not worried about that.

But yes, more enemy variety. Not another "Oh look, a crypt... bet its full of draugr... again." or cookie cutter bandit factions. I think there was so much more to the culture of the forsworn but it all got cut away and slapped with simple bandit mentality. I mean come on. they have camps! a culture! How come there is no friendly forsworn tent villages you could visit. Why were they all hostile?

Also yes. It seems all the kids in Skyrim were bred from the same father. They all look the same. At least we got kids I suppose.

And yeah better voice acting and more voice actors please. Bioware managed to do it, so can you Bethesda. stop being lazy.

Do you remember Oblivion's caves? Skyrim's were a blessing compared to that. Fallout 3 was able to get away with that, because the metro system made sense to look repetitive, because it is.

TESVI though, I'd love for Black Marsh or Valenwood. If they have the balls to do Black Marsh, I bet there's some extremely cool stuff they could do - some cloaking and chameleon gameplay and everything; some quests dealing with underwater themes and things. They could flesh out the swimming mechanics and all that. Would probably force them to create better animations and way movement.

Whats with this stupid statement on this korean site?

With the success of the Elder Scrolls Online game, it's no secret that Bethesda has got the formula for the Elder Scrolls game down pat and making the Elder Scrolls 6 should be no problem to them when it comes to the technical side of things.

Succes of Online version make the path for elder scroll posible, i seriously doub bethesda is looking at ESO to make Elder Scroll 6 that would be the most stupid discision they make sinds ARENA?

Skyrim 24+million copy's sold

ESO how many 300 thousend copys sold and it's not even close to a true Elder Scroll game?

Succes for next installment by bethesda is solely from succes of Skyrim and i'll bet they keep that formula.

I only hope we get a true PC game not console crap after all around 4million copy's sold for PC alone(maybe even more dunno exact number) is not that bad.

Whats with this stupid statement on this korean site?

With the success of the Elder Scrolls Online game, it's no secret that Bethesda has got the formula for the Elder Scrolls game down pat and making the Elder Scrolls 6 should be no problem to them when it comes to the technical side of things.

Succes of Online version make the path for elder scroll posible, i seriously doub bethesda is looking at ESO to make Elder Scroll 6 that would be the most stupid discision they make sinds ARENA?

Skyrim 24+million copy's sold

ESO how many 300 thousend copys sold and it's not even close to a true Elder Scroll game?

Succes for next installment by bethesda is solely from succes of Skyrim and i'll bet they keep that formula.

I only hope we get a true PC game not console crap after all around 4million copy's sold for PC alone(maybe even more dunno exact number) is not that bad.

Huh? It sold 300,000 physical copies, that means in a carton or plastic box with a booklet and all. The digital sales are well over 1 million, possibly nearing 2 million.

I only hope it will be a PC first not a damn console port, less bugs a lot more improved A.I<===very importend skyrim sucks in AI and diversity also voice and lines sucks.

No every damn cave with almost same enemy's.

We need more diversity.

Better story and no potato head kids

Then im happy to see Elder Scrolls VI other wise they shove it up there ass.

Hi,

not gonna happen. Most issues you mention have been there forever and still, it didn't stop TES games to sell a lot. Have you seen PS4/Xbox one's CPUs ? Don't expect any AI improvements in cross-platforms video games for this gen (and also : good AIs are not the kind of things that helps a game to sell most of the time).

Voice acting is expensive and there's too much NPCs, so most likely voices and personalities will still suck.

I bet next ES will be like all others before : an SDK with a crappy campaign to show engine's and CK's capabilities, and it'll be up to the community to build something around this and fix all the shit.

To me, going back to Morrowind's overall quality (beside all the garbage that also crippled this game) would already be a miracle, but seeing how the video games industry looks like today, I prefer not to expect anything. Except that I'd like Hammerfell.

ESO was conceived at a time when the classic pay to play per month MMO was still a viable market, while most enjoyed TES as a single player experience if the sales pitch was here is a much bigger world to explore and you can do it with friends it isn't exactly a terrible idea.

But of course....game took way too long, and over time WOW became the de facto MMO and everyone else has to compete with free to play monetization to make money.

Bethesda has always been pretty low key with their announcement, they do it pretty much whenever they want and not mind other games that much. They create their own launch window and everyone gets the fuck out of the way. If they do care the announcement of Dragon Age and Witcher only lets them know they don't need to release their game anytime soon.

In the end Zenimax is the license holder and regardless of if their Bethesda branch worked on ESO or not, Zenimax holds the full power to tell the Bethesda branch "there shall be no TES 6 until we say so". If Zenimax decides they want all spotlights on ESO for the next five years, there might be no TES 6 for a long time.

But Zenimax is interested in money, as it stand right now TES6 will sell, especially in their mind. It will because Skyrim was a huge success and it has been sometime already since the last one. The demand is there. They could just take Skyrim and reskin it and put out another mediocre story or whatever and it will still sell. Now the question is how would that affect the next one (TES7), rather or not Zenimax is concern with long haul or how concern they are with their current ESO sales number and needing a quick TES6 to fill their pocket that's anyone's guess.

To be honest the fact that they are slower with their releases is a much better sign than acting as if they are desperate to push stuff out.

Well that would be stupid business, i think zenimax don't even have say in this do you think that Betehsda would buried there own IP never gonne happen it's Tod Howard who deside about Elder Scroll VI not zenimax even it's mother company bethesda own the rights for the series not zenimax.

But Zenimax is interested in money, as it stand right now TES6 will sell, especially in their mind. It will because Skyrim was a huge success and it has been sometime already since the last one. The demand is there. They could just take Skyrim and reskin it and put out another mediocre story or whatever and it will still sell. Now the question is how would that affect the next one (TES7), rather or not Zenimax is concern with long haul or how concern they are with their current ESO sales number and needing a quick TES6 to fill their pocket that's anyone's guess.

To be honest the fact that they are slower with their releases is a much better sign than acting as if they are desperate to push stuff out.

They also have the Doom and Wolvenstein franchise now, as well as their own franchise, Dishonored, which I believe they said they want to create a whole world around. And Fallout 4 is a logical next choice. Fallout 4 will also give them space to experiment with new open world technologies if they go that way, not having to risk going wrong with untested technologies on TES 6 as Elder Scrolls is probably still the more valued franchise, both financially and with the bigger fanbase I'd imagine.

Not to burst any bubbles, but with the aforementioned points, I just won't expect TES 6 any time before 2018-2020. Don't be surprised if they pull a Diablo and stall for nearly a decade.

"cough cough" Mass Effect 3 "cough cough"

:lol: "cough cough" EA in general "cough cough"

Really want to see how Dragon Age 3 will turn out, not even as a game, but rather if EA is going to continue their slash and burn strategy or will finally commit and make a quality gamble

They also have the Doom and Wolvenstein franchise now, as well as their own franchise, Dishonored, which I believe they said they want to create a whole world around. And Fallout 4 is a logical next choice. Not to burst any bubbles, but with the aforementioned points, I just won't expect TES 6 any time before 2018-2020.

Again that's not a bad thing! I much rather they have the time and resources than to run it out the door.

Bioware seemed to have learned with the mess they created in Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3. At least with Mass Effect 3 we got DLC and the extended cut ending which in my opinion made the ending of the series a lot better then if they had just left it.

But nothing ruins a game more quickly then a development team having to pander to the demands of the all mighty producer. EA getting involved was the worse thing that happened.

Further example of this catering to manufactures is the fact Rise of the Tomb Raider, the next Tomb Raider game is going to be EXCLUSIVELY on Xbox One for the perceivable time being. That is a HUGE slap in the face of people like me who kept the series alive through the good and the bad back when Tomb Raider came out on the PC and PS in 95. Spit in the faces of the hard core fans why don't you. But why should I wait possible a year for a PC or PS4 version? They did this with excusive content for Tomb Raider Underworld and if it were not for my love of the series I'd have almost given up.

So I hope with the next ES game they don't pander to marketing but focus on the fans.

I didn't buy ESO and won't. I refuse to pay for a game and then be forced to pay to play it. I skipped out on WoW for this reason and yet greatly enjoyed Guild Wars.

And I will be insulted as a fan of ES if the next game simply mentions the civil war or the dragonborn as a foot note in some book you can buy in a shop.

I would pay full price + more for pre-orders if Bethesda did place the next Elder Scrolls series in the Black Marsh with a focus on Argonians.

And that's something I haven't nor plan on doing for any other game.

(No I'm not a pirate but usually I'm patient enough for a 90% off steam sale...)

Also on the wishlist, Newer Game Engine, better mod tools, Drop the Havok BS and transition to Physx, etc...

I would rather piss on an argonian than play one lol.  They have to be one of the worst video game races ever.  The lizard race in EQ2 was even better than argonians and they sucked.  :) But to each their own... I just hope they do not create a game that revolves around them.

I didn't buy ESO and won't. I refuse to pay for a game and then be forced to pay to play it. I skipped out on WoW for this reason and yet greatly enjoyed Guild Wars.

I wouldn't worry, TESO will be f2p at some point, it's almost guaranteed. 

It seems publishers have cottoned onto market segmentation with MMOs.  Some people will be happy to pay a sub when a game launches to get that "clean", shop-free feeling of playing an MMO for a while, then a whole bunch of people will be willing to try it out for free and keep the population lively, and a whole other bunch will be willing to pay for fluff at any time, or pay to win later on in the game's life. 

It seems to be the way MMOs go these days.

BTW, TESO isn't all that bad, and while the base game has a certain minimalism that might or might not be appealing, there are plenty of mods now that enable you to tweak it (to the extent an MMO can be tweaked) to suit yourself.

Many of the stories in TESO are actually quite good, some fully as "dark" as standard TES stuff, and you can have a lot of fun with the game on a first playthrough while it's fresh.  It's also very soloable, you don't have to team up to do any content if you don't want to.  (Which I actually find a downside of modern MMOs - I prefer either the old skool "so hard you HAVE to team up" approach, or the "casual = quicky, easy PUG-ing" approach of City of Heroes, which, sadly, no other MMOs tried, they all went "casual = solo".)

I wouldn't worry, TESO will be f2p at some point, it's almost guaranteed. 

It seems publishers have cottoned onto market segmentation with MMOs.  Some people will be happy to pay a sub when a game launches to get that "clean", shop-free feeling of playing an MMO for a while, then a whole bunch of people will be willing to try it out for free and keep the population lively, and a whole other bunch will be willing to pay for fluff at any time, or pay to win later on in the game's life. 

It seems to be the way MMOs go these days.

BTW, TESO isn't all that bad, and while the base game has a certain minimalism that might or might not be appealing, there are plenty of mods now that enable you to tweak it (to the extent an MMO can be tweaked) to suit yourself.

Many of the stories in TESO are actually quite good, some fully as "dark" as standard TES stuff, and you can have a lot of fun with the game on a first playthrough while it's fresh.  It's also very soloable, you don't have to team up to do any content if you don't want to.  (Which I actually find a downside of modern MMOs - I prefer either the old skool "so hard you HAVE to team up" approach, or the "casual = quicky, easy PUG-ing" approach of City of Heroes, which, sadly, no other MMOs tried, they all went "casual = solo".)

It is guaranteed. They said from the start they'd convert to F2P but that they want to think of a viable model to do that, not wanting to go with a plain microtransaction package like most MMO's do ( $2 for a weeks access to a new area, $5 for horse armor, etc). They'll probably still follow the system most games do anyway.

Further example of this catering to manufactures is the fact Rise of the Tomb Raider, the next Tomb Raider game is going to be EXCLUSIVELY on Xbox One for the perceivable time being. That is a HUGE slap in the face of people like me who kept the series alive through the good and the bad back when Tomb Raider came out on the PC and PS in 95. Spit in the faces of the hard core fans why don't you. But why should I wait possible a year for a PC or PS4 version? They did this with excusive content for Tomb Raider Underworld and if it were not for my love of the series I'd have almost given up.

small rant:

Console Exclusivity is terrible for these past generation of consoles. Too many big titles are multiplatform and to randomly go exclusive when the titles did not start that way, is definitely a huge slap. This isn't like the NES/Master System, SNES/Genesis, PSX/Saturn/N64 eras, where you would actually pick up another console for the expansive list of exclusive console defining killer apps.

Tomb Raider started multiplatform from the beginning. The console power struggle lost its luster, where the consoles aren't feeding off of the competition to create better titles, and instead just nabbing exclusive "leases".

These past generations it's just forcing the consumer to wait, and only serves to upset. 

I also miss the days where games worked from the top down. Meaning a game came out on the most powerful format, then brought or ported to less powerful ones(that is, if the game were to be ported in the first place). Take your pick from any Arcade game from the mid 70s to the late 90s. Imagine if it were the other way around, like if the NES Ninja Turtles 2 or Renegade was instead ported to the Arcade - would be extreme watered down. I can only think of one series exception that had a better home version than Arcade; Double Dragon.

Honestly, Skyrim and Oblivion kind of got this(port) treatment lol.

I'm actually glad I don't I don't console game anymore, and haven't for years. I don't have to pay attention to what's happening on consoles, but things like the Tomb Raider exclusivity reaches over, though. I consider myself lucky that Phantom Pain is coming out on PC, that and some select Fighting Games are the only things having me looking at what's going on with consoles.

Where exclusivity created fans back in the day; These days it alienates them.

Archived