[Discontinued] Paradise Halls - SexLab Extension v0.1g (15/05/06) (RC 0.6 fixed 16/03/18)

blabla11

finally tested the new reboot button in the mcm today on a new game:

seems alternate starts users will still need to track down the console codes from ph to start the mods

(help reboot, player.addspell ## from reboot spell listed in console help)

using the reboot button in the console blocks the spell from being added, until you press the button again to un-toggle the button

The button doesn't actually add the spell. It does what casting the spell did before without any user interaction.

So you click the button, it blocks the button, a message pops up telling you to close all menus, then you wait a bit (I can add a notification there) until everything is running again and you're done.

that message never popped up saying to close menus or wait so when nothing happened on screen i had no indication it was doing anything, when i untoggled that and used the spell i recieved the slave tracker quest and 50 slots for slaves within seconds of casting

The button doesn't actually add the spell. It does what casting the spell did before without any user interaction.

So you click the button, it blocks the button, a message pops up telling you to close all menus, then you wait a bit (I can add a notification there) until everything is running again and you're done.

you could replace toggle with text option then.

that message never popped up saying to close menus or wait so when nothing happened on screen i had no indication it was doing anything, when i untoggled that and used the spell i recieved the slave tracker quest and 50 slots for slaves within seconds of casting

Which version are you running?

you could replace toggle with text option then.

I did :huh:

Please please please keep working on this project. It's so nice to see ANYONE doing something with this mod, and you're doing a wonderful job. It would be so sad to see the only person working on this stop doing it.

Awesome mod!

I'll try ;)

paradise_halls_SLExtension_0.1h_RC0.21 with any missing files from g

Oh yeah, 0.21 still had the spell thingie... I changed that in 0.28

Eh, I haven't even bothered to get it listed in the index yet ;)
Once I'm sufficiently happy with what I made I might think about it :P

(Also I update the date in the title when I update any files)

Quick update about development:

There are now 4 possible occupations for slaves:

• Fighter
  • Mage
  • Guard
  • Slave

Slaves who follow you and should fight for you are, depending on their skills, either a fighter or a mage (getMax(OneHanded, TwoHanded) vs getMax(Conjuration, Destruction)). As a fighter, their health is adjusted depending on the players health and the combat training. As a mage it's the same, but for magicka.

Guards are slaves fighting for, but not following you, with the same buff.

Slaves are everyone else.

What I want to do is have a trainer (either slave or follower) increasing the slaves skills to the trainers skill * combat training /100 (since max combat training is 100, the slaves skill can never reach the trainers skill) and include the slaves skill level in the health/magicka computation (replacing the players health/magicka so non-mage players can train mages).

This way early captures should still be useful as followers even later in the game (or bring higher profit in case the player sells them).

that sounds awesome

i'm currently retesting gameplay with this to daymoyl removing instead actor events after finding ae floods papyrus and damages other mods with none actors and null forms

if it passes i'll be re-adding this with sd and singing happy happy joy joy

if it fails i may have to add another retest for dd-restrained from new dd update bugs against a scanner running on that and who knows the 2nd scanner running may have been the issue all along we didn't know

Great mod, dude! I've found no problems with it :D Good job.

I was just wondering, on a side note, since this mod seems to be the continuation of the original mod - could you perhaps add some support for skooma-based dialogue choices? For instance, use skooma to make your slaves submit faster or do it just for the lulz :D I've found no mod that does that, so here's just my idea. Skooma addicts have been interesting since Faelian in Oblivion for me anyway.

Keep up the good work, nevertheless!

I was just wondering, on a side note, since this mod seems to be the continuation of the original mod - could you perhaps add some support for skooma-based dialogue choices? For instance, use skooma to make your slaves submit faster or do it just for the lulz :D I've found no mod that does that, so here's just my idea. Skooma addicts have been interesting since Faelian in Oblivion for me anyway.

That has been in the back of my head for a long time, but I can't come up with a way to "make them" drink the skooma unless they already are addicts (and afaik there are only four addicts in the game). Unless I introduce a "spiked drink", which wouldn't really fit into a slavery mod itself.

That has been in the back of my head for a long time, but I can't come up with a way to "make them" drink the skooma unless they already are addicts (and afaik there are only four addicts in the game). Unless I introduce a "spiked drink", which wouldn't really fit into a slavery mod itself.

The loverswithPK mod in Oblivion did this. You had a potion that you'd sell to unsuspecting NPCs, they'd get paralyzed after drinking it, and then you'd enslave them.

The loverswithPK mod in Oblivion did this. You had a potion that you'd sell to unsuspecting NPCs, they'd get paralyzed after drinking it, and then you'd enslave them.

Paralyse poison + Poisoned perk... I'd have to redo parts of the enslavement (or create a branch) to make it work, but it's possible. Just not any time soon ;)

Hi, I'm testing with version H and everything is working fine for me except getting the SL animations to fire off.  The dialogs work (e.g. You need to be punished -> Strip -> yadayada) but once I select a punishment I get the NPC gasping in shock and then nothing.

Any idea what installation step I might have missed?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Hi, I'm testing with version H and everything is working fine for me except getting the SL animations to fire off.  The dialogs work (e.g. You need to be punished -> Strip -> yadayada) but once I select a punishment I get the NPC gasping in shock and then nothing.

Any idea what installation step I might have missed?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Install version g, version h is only for testing at this stage.

Thank you for responding.  I had problems with "G" but have a feeling it was me and not the code.  I'll give it a try with the hotfix and let you know if I run into any problems.

I really like this mod.  You've done a great job filling in gaps with the PAH code that frustrated the hell out of me.  I can't wait to see how this develops.

paradise_halls_SLExtension_0.1h_RC0.21 with any missing files from g

ok i'm on the new .28 release, just an update on my testing so far

that sounds awesome

i'm currently retesting gameplay with this to daymoyl removing instead actor events after finding ae floods papyrus and damages other mods with none actors and null forms

if it passes i'll be re-adding this with sd and singing happy happy joy joy

if it fails i may have to add another retest for dd-restrained from new dd update bugs against a scanner running on that and who knows the 2nd scanner running may have been the issue all along we didn't know

had too many issues with dd_restrained this run prolly due to the new dd updates, was worst run yet so i'm removing that from the load order and retesting with daymoyl and sd now

the new mcm still doesn't start the mod on its own so it gives a false reading of "running", but the built-in reset function works great, completely replaces the old reboot spell function

thanks for the button addition to to a great work you have here

Thank you for responding.  I had problems with "G" but have a feeling it was me and not the code.  I'll give it a try with the hotfix and let you know if I run into any problems.

I really like this mod.  You've done a great job filling in gaps with the PAH code that frustrated the hell out of me.  I can't wait to see how this develops.

sexlab issues are not an issue with this mod, so if the anims aren't working that's sexlab issues

the new mcm still doesn't start the mod on its own so it gives a false reading of "running", but the built-in reset function works great, completely replaces the old reboot spell function

This is my MCM code:

AddHeaderOption("Debug")

string status = "Stopped"
    int flag = OPTION_FLAG_DISABLED
    if PAH.IsRunning()
        status = "Started"
        flag = OPTION_FLAG_NONE
    elseIf PAH.IsStarting()
        status = "Starting"
        flag = OPTION_FLAG_NONE
    endIf
    rebootToggle_OID = AddTextOption("$PAHE_SettingName_RebootToggle", status, flag)

This displays the current status of the quest, so I don't understand how it can give a false reading.

I went through all my relevant code and I can't find anything that could create an endless loop or a false reading... So please provide more details... maybe I'm missing something

Hm, I don't think that it'd be a problem to force them to drink, heh. You do have a whip and a collar in your hands anyway :D But, perhaps set this as something optional? For instance, you'd have to reach a certain point of Submission to make it work. When Submission > 50 (example), you can add a dialogue option something like "Drink this, slave." If it is lower than that, they'll refuse until you whip them into obedience?

PS. Sorry I didn't quote, this is the first topic I actually wrote to (so no attachments).

Hm, I don't think that it'd be a problem to force them to drink, heh. You do have a whip and a collar in your hands anyway :D But, perhaps set this as something optional? For instance, you'd have to reach a certain point of Submission to make it work. When Submission > 50 (example), you can add a dialogue option something like "Drink this, slave." If it is lower than that, they'll refuse until you whip them into obedience?

PS. Sorry I didn't quote, this is the first topic I actually wrote to (so no attachments).

Now I see what you are aiming for. (I thought have an NPC drink skooma, they get addicted -> enslavement)

The only problem I see with this is having proper NPC responses, since I still have no idea how to make existing dialogues shared so I can use them...

This is my MCM code:

AddHeaderOption("Debug")

string status = "Stopped"
    int flag = OPTION_FLAG_DISABLED
    if PAH.IsRunning()
        status = "Started"
        flag = OPTION_FLAG_NONE
    elseIf PAH.IsStarting()
        status = "Starting"
        flag = OPTION_FLAG_NONE
    endIf
    rebootToggle_OID = AddTextOption("$PAHE_SettingName_RebootToggle", status, flag)

This displays the current status of the quest, so I don't understand how it can give a false reading.

I went through all my relevant code and I can't find anything that could create an endless loop or a false reading... So please provide more details... maybe I'm missing something

blabla11, can you add some debug lines in the code to confirm that

Reboot.Boot()

is being called?

I have a feeling this is the root of the problem and, if so, I think I know what you need to do.

I'm sorry for not checking this out on my own but I am a bit out large enough chunks of free-time lately.

Reboot.Boot()

is being called?

I have a feeling this is the root of the problem and, if so, I think I know what you need to do.

I'm sorry for not checking this out on my own but I am a bit out large enough chunks of free-time lately.

There already is a shitload of debug lines:

Reboot:

Function Boot()
    Debug.Notification("Paradise Halls: Testing System")
    TestSKSE()
    if PAH.IsRunning()
        Debug.Notification("Paradise Halls: Restarting Quest")
        RestartQuests()
    else
        Debug.Notification("Paradise Halls: Starting Quest")
    endIf
    EnsureStartedUp()
    Debug.Notification("Paradise Halls: Setting Properties")
    SetProperties()
    SendBootstrapEvents()
    AddItems()
    Debug.Notification("Paradise Halls: Started up")
EndFunction

MCM:

Event OnOptionSelect(Int option)
    [snip]
        ElseIf (option == rebootToggle_OID)
            SetTextOptionValue(rebootToggle_OID, "Restarting")
            SetOptionFlags(rebootToggle_OID, OPTION_FLAG_DISABLED)
            ShowMessage("Close all menus to continue...", false)
            Reboot.Boot()
    [snip]
EndEvent

Reboot.Boot()

is being called?

There already is a shitload of debug lines:

Reboot:

Function Boot()
    Debug.Notification("Paradise Halls: Testing System")
    TestSKSE()
    if PAH.IsRunning()
        Debug.Notification("Paradise Halls: Restarting Quest")
        RestartQuests()
    else
        Debug.Notification("Paradise Halls: Starting Quest")
    endIf
    EnsureStartedUp()
    Debug.Notification("Paradise Halls: Setting Properties")
    SetProperties()
    SendBootstrapEvents()
    AddItems()
    Debug.Notification("Paradise Halls: Started up")
EndFunction

MCM:

Event OnOptionSelect(Int option)
    [snip]
        ElseIf (option == rebootToggle_OID)
            SetTextOptionValue(rebootToggle_OID, "Restarting")
            SetOptionFlags(rebootToggle_OID, OPTION_FLAG_DISABLED)
            Reboot.Boot()
    [snip]
EndEvent

OK, my bad, I didn't express myself right. We need to make sure Reboot.Boot() "does its stuff successfully".

It needs to start/stop 2 quests (right?) which is not possible to do while MCM is open. This is why you do

However, the user is not that fast to close all menus and the script tries to execute Reboot.Boot() with MCM open.

I had the same issue trying to initialize external quests that were using our APPS framework. I fixed it with waiting for the user to close the menus. So, try:

Utility.Wait(0.1) ;forces the user to close the menu
Reboot.Boot()

Again, I'm sorry I don't try this for myself. And I can't find out why 1 of my code lines appears white here.Not enough time today :(

OK, my bad, I didn't express myself right. We need to make sure Reboot.Boot() "does its stuff successfully".

It needs to start/stop 2 quests (right?) which is not possible to do while MCM is open. This is why you do

However, the user is not that fast to close all menus and the script tries to execute Reboot.Boot() with MCM open.

I had the same issue trying to initialize external quests that were using our APPS framework. I fixed it with waiting for the user to close the menus. So, try:

Utility.Wait(0.1) ;forces the user to close the menu
Reboot.Boot()
Again, I'm sorry I don't try this for myself. And I can't find out why 1 of my code lines appears white here.Not enough time today :(

Understood, fixed, uploaded ;)

Now I see what you are aiming for. (I thought have an NPC drink skooma, they get addicted -> enslavement)

The only problem I see with this is having proper NPC responses, since I still have no idea how to make existing dialogues shared so I can use them...

Hmm, I can't offer much help there. Though I've spent some time modding Oblivion for personal use, I don't think I'm that good of a modder to help you there.

However, I think I've read something in a post long ago about being able to freely change existing dialogue without problem in the Creation Kit. Is this not true here? Or are you reffering to the voice files? If so, I once saw this mod here - (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28462/?) which seems useful for modders such as yourself. I can't help much, but if you need some help, feel free to PM me. This mod is really fun.

Archived